LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

On 2/20/2024 at 11:56 AM, xt2005bonbon said:

Anybody worked on refreshing their seat covers? My driver side bottom leather seat cover is trash now. I just need a new cover but can't find one. Any solution beside finding a used seat? The 2015+ outback are lucky. They can buy these in black or tan. I am almost tempted to buy one and see if I can make it fit..

Edit: after doing some more searching, it looks like we can still buy the bottom leather seat cover for the passenger side only, not the driver side. Thing is I don't see the difference between the two :confused:.

Katzkin makes some really nice seat covers. They do not post any for Subaru but you can send your information into them to see if they will make you something. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tehspud said:

I might be interested in taking those bilsteins off your hands 😀

Can't tell if you're joking or not. 

22 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Dang! Washington….

Those Bilsteins looks pretty damn clean…. 😁

The whole underside of the car is rust free. Guess I lucked out. I bought it in Moscow Id and I think it lived most of its life around the Northwest prior. 

Anyone using the 15208AA100 oem oil filters? I have been using the OEM 15208aa12a filters for the past 15 years. These were like 4-6 bucks a piece. I complained not too long ago about the price of the new oil filters. But these are actually made in Japan. These appear to be slightly larger and better quality.

PXL_20240224_013430770.jpg

PXL_20240224_013458645.jpg

PXL_20240224_013512224.jpg

PXL_20240224_013540862.jpg

I think the Rx-8 Tokyo Roki was the crowd favorite…could be wrong. I think someone had mentioned this was the filter that the car came with from the factory at some point? Don’t quote me on it. Either way looks like a nice one. Now I’m half tempted to buy one and cut it open…I’ve already got an unused blue that I accidentally dropped, so I’d be willing to cut that one open for comparisons sake. 

@310Z (sorry I got you confused earlier) thanks for mentioning Katzkin, I was trying to remember who it was the other night who made seat covers for our cars. I looked into recovering some 4th gen camaro seats i had with their covers…those looked legit. 

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo

2 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Anyone using the 15208AA100 oem oil filters? I have been using the OEM 15208aa12a filters for the past 15 years. These were like 4-6 bucks a piece. I complained not too long ago about the price of the new oil filters. But these are actually made in Japan. These appear to be slightly larger and better quality.

That looks just like the RX8/Tokyo Roki filters that I use. (And a handful of others here, I’m sure)

What is the unit cost for those?

Wasn’t sure where to post this, so thought I’d throw it in here. Basically, a PSA. Today I sold the wife’s Tribeca (bittersweet, really loved that car). Anyway, guy who bought it from me knows H6 outback’s pretty well and recently had a GT wagon in his shop. Issue was, he had no radio/hvac I think? Guy didn’t really get into it, but it was a severe electrical issue. Owner had brought it to the local dealership and paid $2600 in diagnostics. No codes, nothing. Ended up the sunroof had leaked and water ran back to the rear cargo lamp and shorted it and melted the internals. Turns out, the rear cord has a 35 amp fuse on it that runs to the primary back up fuse for the main fuse block. He called the dealership and called it something they hadn’t heard of and had no idea. The rear lamp was replaced and everything worked as it should again. So, watch your sunroofs and be mindful of the age/condition of that seal! There was no moisture upfront to indicate a problem…

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

On 2/23/2024 at 5:26 PM, Bobsyouruncl said:

Can't tell if you're joking or not. 

Only partially. I need to swap the Koni insert in one of my fronts soon. But if I don't like what I find when I tear it down, or think it's going to fail again soon, I'll be on the hunt for some Bilsteins. 

1 hour ago, WRX USA said:

What did you have installed previously?

I had the OEM pitch stop, likely the one put in from the factory. From what I have read about pitch stops, the STi version is stiffer, but nothing big as far as changes, and the Group N mount causes a lot of NVH, so I went with OEM. 

I noticed on harder acceleration or deceleration the engine would tilt and I could feel "judders". There was also a nasty click sound that is now gone since I replaced the mount. The rubber surround on the engine side had worn down and had play. I read that the CNC aluminum pitch stops are not great for street cars because in a front end crash the pitch stop will snap, by design) reducing the backwards pressure of the engine into the firewall/cab. The CNC metal ones won't snap and can be pushed into/through the firewall. 

lol. These cars are totaled for next to nothing these days. The pitch stop won’t matter in a crash.   That being said, the aluminum/poly bushing units do create a lot of noise. If you’re sensitive to that I’d advise avoiding them for oem. 

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

47 minutes ago, Code said:

lol. These cars are totaled for next to nothing these days. The pitch stop won’t matter in a crash.   That being said, the aluminum/poly bushing units do create a lot of noise. If you’re sensitive to that I’d advise avoiding them for oem. 

My comment was more about driver safety than preservation of the chassis lol. There are enough busted LGTs to restore if one wanted. It's a daily in the sense it's "my" only car, but my wife has the workhorse ('22 Ascent) that we use to haul the family on trips, etc. My car takes me to work and on errands. But in the midwest our roads are trash because the frost so it's already a rough ride and I don't need to make it worse.

• Like 3

Well… I did something not to my Legacy, which means the Legacy will soon be up for sale. I still have a couple mechanical things I want to do before I put it up. 

The wife and I agreed that we could add a car payment back into our finances, so I just picked up a “used” ‘23 GR Corolla with 270 miles. This car has been a dream car of mine since before it was officially announced. No good pictures yet because it’s been rainy yesterday and today.

I’ll be sad to see my wagon go, but I hope I can pass it on to a fellow enthusiast. 

IMG_1711.thumb.jpeg.ebfa1112f538077041644d7cbbd6f416.jpeg

B4CF6C8B-99D2-43B0-B69C-B4980FBF0E99.thumb.jpeg.1113265cc02aa0b95ffa80350d326f01.jpeg

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, tehspud said:

Well… I did something not to my Legacy, which means the Legacy will soon be up for sale. I still have a couple mechanical things I want to do before I put it up. 

The wife and I agreed that we could add a car payment back into our finances, so I just picked up a “used” ‘23 GR Corolla with 270 miles. This car has been a dream car of mine since before it was officially announced. No good pictures yet because it’s been rainy yesterday and today.

I’ll be sad to see my wagon go, but I hope I can pass it on to a fellow enthusiast. 

IMG_1711.thumb.jpeg.ebfa1112f538077041644d7cbbd6f416.jpeg

B4CF6C8B-99D2-43B0-B69C-B4980FBF0E99.thumb.jpeg.1113265cc02aa0b95ffa80350d326f01.jpeg

Any idea why the PO sold it so quickly? I am the second owner of a 2020 Tacoma with a similar story that I bought in July 2020 with 351 miles. The dealership said they traded it in on a Supra.

6 minutes ago, WRX USA said:

Any idea why the PO sold it so quickly? I am the second owner of a 2020 Tacoma with a similar story that I bought in July 2020 with 351 miles. The dealership said they traded it in on a Supra.

No one I talked to at the dealership knew the story. It was sold in southern Oregon and ended up here in eastern Washington, with not enough miles to have made the drive itself. It’ll remain a mystery unless I decide to track down the sales manager. 

On 2/23/2024 at 6:41 PM, xt2005bonbon said:

i had a box of them at ecm 23. gave one to every lgt owner that showed up. now I find out they are "rare". should have sold them for gas money or something :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3