LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

8 hours ago, amm203 said:

Productive weekend - replacement tranny cooler is in, MAF sensor cleaned, AEM Dryflow filter cleaned & oil changed. She gets inspected tomorrow.

I noticed the Whiteline Com C top-hat rubber is starting to crack again. I have a feeling WL will not send a new pair for free a 2nd time around so I'm debating just going back to OEM style top-hats. Are there any other options besides OEM or KYB? Group N appears to only fit older WRXs & Foresters. I don't need solid top-hats but would like something a little "sportier"

Edit/Update to my question: Found top hats by a company called Pedders (Model #585113). They appear similar to the Com C hats in that they're offset.  Some cursory research on other forums indicates they have a different bearing mounting geometry to avoid the binding/popping issue of the WLs as well as a less harsh ride. Might try them out

If you're entertaining OEM style top hats , Spec-B is more firm than USDM OEM BL/BP top hats. Not sure what you suspension setup is otherwise.

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

8 hours ago, pksystems said:

Started it up for the first time in a year.  No fuel leaks with my new teflon lines.  No oil leaks. 

Coolant leak to track down, but I think it just needs a better clamp on new silicone upper reservoir hose.

Engine is running very rough tho.  Wideband that I free-air calibrated a couple months ago is reading just under 20 at idle.  I think I must have a massive air leak in one of the couplers or a bad sensor/injector.

The guy I bought it off of, bought this car from the PO and said they had a misfire issue they couldn't track down.

I replaced all the coil packs/spark plugs and leaking PCV hoses (with catch can setup) but I did reuse the injectors.  I have another set of injectors I can swap in if I find a bad one.

The only CEL's I got were for the TGV deletes, but I've since disabled those codes with ecuflash.

Also installed my modded grill.  Man my bodywork on that is horrid.  Scratches everywhere I'll need to fill/sand/repaint later.

Received my knockoff Perrin accessory belt cover.  I'll have to make some WRX style tabs to properly mount it.

348354809_717255480199530_8312271294783316272_n.jpg

How do your fuel trims look like?

Picked up a set of bumper covers in better condition than mine and installed the front. Shampooed the carpet in high wear areas to get rid of the winter dirt. Did a quick boost leak test since about two weeks ago DAM is at 0.6 and FKL is as bad as -2.8 and found a huge leak on the cylinder 2 TGV or intake manifold, can't quite tell since the leak is so large that no soapy bubbles came out. I've been driving with knock sum up and I really only see any knock events when clutching so I'm confident that all the corrections have stopped the knock (I also pulled max timing). Hopefully I can get this fixed this week.

• Like 1

So after receiving my rear caliper rotors which were back ordered, I decided to finish up my rear breaks and finally swap on my summer rims & tires.  The drivers side rear breaks went on easy.....the passenger side not so much.  Rounded one rear caliper bracket bolt and broke the other off in the the bracket.....FML.  @KZJonny came in clutch and had a spare caliper bracket and bolts that I grabbed from him last night.  Car is all set now.

Friday will be changing front and rear diff fluid.  Rear diff is going to get re-sealed since it is leaking.

Edited by tysparks81
  • Like 3

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Pulled the engine on Sunday. Started breaking it down. So far, no signs of a spun bearing. I did find a missing nut on the turbo to downpipe. Maybe it rattled loose and that was my noise? Who knows. Rods not loose. Heads look good. Pistons look good. I still need to crack the case halves.

Scored a sweet deal on 2 Manley drop in turbo tuff pistons. May jeed to pay full price on the 2 others. I also scored a great deal on manley h tuff rods. Looks like I'll have a built RA block now. I wish I could afford a bigger turbo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rhino6303 said:

Pulled the engine on Sunday. Started breaking it down. So far, no signs of a spun bearing. I did find a missing nut on the turbo to downpipe. Maybe it rattled loose and that was my noise? Who knows. Rods not loose. Heads look good. Pistons look good. I still need to crack the case halves.

Scored a sweet deal on 2 Manley drop in turbo tuff pistons. May need to pay full price on the 2 others. I also scored a great deal on manley h tuff rods. Looks like I'll have a built RA block now. I wish I could afford a bigger turbo.

I'll be pulling my engine, again, tomorrow. Lots of metal in the oil, some coolant in the oil, and some knocking. 

• Sad 2

MILKRUN  - Click Here

12 minutes ago, rhino6303 said:

Split the case halves this evening. Nothing jumped out. Some wear on the bearings but nothing excessive.

20230524_202428.jpg

20230524_202440.jpg

20230524_202447.jpg

And no broken ringland either right? :spin:

What turbo do you have again? VF52?

Just got her all cleaned up last Saturday.  Did a clay and single-stage, wasn't nearly enough to fully correct swirls, but it looked a lot better.

spacer.png

And then this happened yesterday.  Thought I heard a faint pop from up front and then noticed faint smoke behind me.  Hot really rough, won't build boost very high, blew oil out the dipstick tube. 99% sure the only smoke was from spilled oil, nothing from tailpipe.

spacer.png

Just parked it in the garage and I'll troubleshoot it this weekend.  Best case scenario, it's a stuck PCV and boost got into the crankcase (it's possible I guess, but not sure how likely).  Worst case, rings/pistons issues.  I'll start with topping up the oil, getting it hot and idling and see if exhaust/smoke is escaping from the oil fill.  If that seems fine, I'll pull the PCV and look at that.

Edited by SilentJ20
  • Like 2

Picked up and installed a new Double din deck.  Its crazy how a new deck will have your old speakers sounding better than they did before with the previous deck.

Old deck was a Pioneer, new one is an Kenwood excellon ddx9903s, picked it up used as I wanted something with Android auto for the drive down to the ecm.

• Like 2

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Lol, bought and installed Weathertech front and rear floormats for the 15 year old OBXT.  Seems both silly and perfect thing to do.  Hard to like something after using the plain subaru carpet mats of yore, but pretty great.  back seat is for sure worth it, 100%.

• Like 1

After adding oil to safely start again, mine decided it wanted to become a choo-choo train!

So much crankcase exhaust...

Massive cloud of smoke from exhaust when starting, exhaust/fuel smell from oil fill cap, misfire on cylinder 4.   I wish I knew when I added the ringland-b-gone.  Looks like I'm tearing it down...

Edited by SilentJ20
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, SilentJ20 said:

I wish I knew when I added the ringland-b-gone.  Looks like I'm tearing it down...

Bummer about the trashed ringland dude. Hope the teardown reveals the least possible amount of damage.

I know it isn’t really funny, but I did laugh out loud when I read about the Ringland-b-Gone.

At least it’s a product that actually works as advertised…. rare these days.

50 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Bummer about the trashed ringland dude. Hope the teardown reveals the least possible amount of damage.

I know it isn’t really funny, but I did laugh out loud when I read about the Ringland-b-Gone.

At least it’s a product that actually works as advertised…. rare these days.

Yeah, I'm preparing to buy a short block.  Might just be for the best at 140k.  Want to keep this spec.B running for a loooong time.  Hopefully no escaping pieces messed up the head or turbo.  We'll see.  I'll start a thread for the teardown/rebuild.

Edited by SilentJ20

Damn - sorry SilentJ. That's a good looking Spec. B worth saving. Now if that happened (a 2nd time) to my 5EAT I'd probably be looking at a part out.

Discovered my IAG AOS setup has a slight leak. There was a film of oil on the silicone piping between the VF48 and GS intercooler. Took out the intercooler and found the small breather tube connecting the block to the "Y" connector of the IAG kit is leaking. Freaking plastic zip-ties on a hose 1" from the turbo. Cool. Ordered new 3/4" hose and metal spring clamps

On 1/17/2023 at 8:05 PM, Enlight said:

I wonder whether this part is interchangeable with 45124AG010 which is only $10. I cannot tell the difference between the photos. I will give them a shot but I'm about a month from reinstalling my engine.

Confirming that part no. 45124AG010 is an exact replacement for 45124AG00A upper radiator supports. Installed them yesterday.

rad_upper_bracket.jpg

• Thanks 2

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

20 minutes ago, Enlight said:

Confirming that part no. 45124AG010 is an exact replacement for 45124AG00A upper radiator supports. Installed them yesterday.

rad_upper_bracket.jpg

I think I did the same thing here a while ago. Are those the $12 STi ones vs. the $48 GT ones?

Ridiculous.