LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Damn.  You see how CLEAN my shop was in the bumpers reflection?  Could eat off the floors.  Always proud to show off cars to customers in a CLEAN shop.  The Premier San Diego County Subaru Performance Facility.

Also noted, I still wear the exact same pair of boots 10 years later.  I have far less hair, a higher percentage of grey and shaved my chin as I had not seen it in almost 30 years.  I get more kisses from my daughter shaved.  Otherwise, that is one hot sexy bastard of a mechanic right there.  Coolest guy I know. 

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, m sprank said:

Gets new CF and Alcantera interior, WTF?  Its a race car now, its Spider Pig!

20120917_124928.jpg

20120917_124958.jpg

20120917_125021.jpg

20120917_125035.jpg

20120917_125049.jpg

20120917_125105.jpg

20120917_125123.jpg

20120917_125136.jpg

How much does something like this cost to do? I’ve always wanted the alcantara inserts that the SpecB has but they are rare to find in good / excellent condition. Also having memory seat settings would be a plus. 

@cheeseenlo I honestly do not know at todays prices.  I was friends with a very good upholsterer who was well known in the Hot Rod world. He gave me "family" pricing on all my jobs over 20+ years. He did several Subies for me.  He charged me $300 per seat materials and labor to convert my Forester to Mercedes Benz  Leather.  Max (Spider Pigs) interior came out AMAZING. 

Edited by m sprank
  • Thanks 2

On 1/31/2023 at 5:52 PM, m sprank said:

You got me on that one.  It was officially a "BPT Twin Scroll Turbine housing" and they did not advertise the hotside depth.  There is a newer version available now that has a 10cm2 hotside.  I know you have had yours for a few years now.  My guess would be 8cm2.

The 3300rpm is with a 6MT.  An 18g XTR hits in that range too, maybe a hair earlier.  So does an FP68HTA - 7cm hotside.  Not the worlds biggest FP fan, but I must admit I had WAY TOO MUCH FUN with my 68hta 7cm hotside and e85 (circa 2010).  Giving potential customers rides in that set up made more than a few sales. 

When I sold my wagon, I told the buyer I would pick them up at the airport. The car had been sitting for a few years, so had it towed to the shop to get it running. As it was idling in the shop, I knew if I backed it out I'd never sell it.

jmp did a rebuild and tune up on my hta68. The serial number is from a series that supposedly had hta71 parts too. I never got the full story but FP said they couldn't build me another one because details were lost. 

Driving that wagon with rpf1 wheels...it boogied. 

Its too bad that turbo never caught on

• Like 1

Well the killer bee oil pan fiasco finally caused the block to spin a bearing at 750 miles after replacing the pan (block has just under 50k miles). I changed the oil a couple of days ago and sent an analysis out. I didn't drive it yet but needed to move the car. At the startup yesterday I got knocking.

I'm going to just pull it, inspect everything and swap bearings if it specs out. I'll still replace oil cooler (again), oil pump and avcs gears. I can't do another SB right now while my house is being built.

• Sad 3

19 hours ago, rhino6303 said:

Well the killer bee oil pan fiasco finally caused the block to spin a bearing at 750 miles after replacing the pan (block has just under 50k miles). I changed the oil a couple of days ago and sent an analysis out. I didn't drive it yet but needed to move the car. At the startup yesterday I got knocking.

I'm going to just pull it, inspect everything and swap bearings if it specs out. I'll still replace oil cooler (again), oil pump and avcs gears. I can't do another SB right now while my house is being built.

Sorry to hear. That really sucks man. What did Killer bee do in the end? Deny any responsibility?

19 hours ago, rhino6303 said:

Remember the AVCS solenoids too.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

1 hour ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Sorry to hear. That really sucks man. What did Killer bee do in the end? Deny any responsibility?

I didn't message them again. They said before it was "installation error" for the pan. There's no way they'll take ownership or do anything.

1 hour ago, Enlight said:

Remember the AVCS solenoids too.

I have a spare set on hand. Thanks for reminding me.

Was washing my car yesterday and finally got tired of looking at the sad state of my diy grill. The clear out and even black has been blasted away by 8 years ago of daily driving. So I took it off and started sanding. There's some small cracks and pits I'll fix, but once smooth it'll just get a few coats of black rustoleum and turn to crud in a few months lol

20230204_205930.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rhino6303 said:

I didn't message them again. They said before it was "installation error" for the pan. There's no way they'll take ownership or do anything.

I have a spare set on hand. Thanks for reminding me.

ugh, sorry to hear about your issues.  Its so frustrating when you get immediate pushback from a company or a shop when something goes wrong a la "customer is guilty until proven innocent".  For me, lately its been a shop issue.  With the move to Bend, OR from Portland I found myself 3hrs away from Surgeline, my shop of 16yrs.  I chose a shop here that is well respected and works on not only Subies but high end exotic cars as well as race builds and race car maintenance.  After throwing a few cels on track last summer I took it in to have it looked over for boost leaks and a compression test.  I was told that compression was low in all 4 cylinders, particularly in 1&3 at 105.  

Armed with that knowledge I decided that it was time to put in a new short block, get the heads re-worked etc.  Was planning on pulling my JMP 16G and swapping in a 2.5XT-R while it was torn apart as well.  Because of the scope of the job, I just wasn't willing to take a chance with this new shop quite yet, (and the fact that they are understaffed and the high end stuff always seems to get priority), so I drove the car to Surgeline for the work.  They did their own compression test just to verify before tearing into the car and guess what?  The motor was perfectly fine and healthy compression wise :(  Now I've spent about $500 on parts for the supposed re-build, not to mention gas and time to get the car to Portland. This and the fact that with winter setting in, it was going to be touch and go getting the car over the mountain passes back to Bend safely when I never had to take it there in the first place.  When I brought up the crap diagnosis to the shop here in Bend, they balked and basically said they would re-imburse me for the the compression test charge but nothing else.  Not that I was looking to necessarily have them stroke me a big check but I would have appreciated perhaps some shop credit for the future to cover some of the expenses and hassle caused by their error.  The tech that did the work is not longer working at the shop, apparently due to a whole host of screw ups on cars.   

Edited by shralp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, shralp said:

ugh, sorry to hear about your issues.  Its so frustrating when you get immediate pushback from a company or a shop when something goes wrong a la "customer is guilty until proven innocent".  For me, lately its been a shop issue.  With the move to Bend, OR from Portland I found myself 3hrs away from Surgeline, my shop of 16yrs.  I chose a shop here that is well respected and works on not only Subies but high end exotic cars as well as race builds and race car maintenance.  After throwing a few cels on track last summer I took it in to have it looked over for boost leaks and a compression test.  I was told that compression was low in all 4 cylinders, particularly in 1&3 at 105.  

Armed with that knowledge I decided that it was time to put in a new short block, get the heads re-worked etc.  Was planning on pulling my JMP 16G and swapping in a 2.5XT-R while it was torn apart as well.  Because of the scope of the job, I just wasn't willing to take a chance with this new shop quite yet, (and the fact that they are understaffed and the high end stuff always seems to get priority), so I drove the car to Surgeline for the work.  They did their own compression test just to verify before tearing into the car and guess what?  The motor was perfectly fine and healthy compression wise :(  Now I've spent about $500 on parts for the supposed re-build, not to mention gas and time to get the car to Portland. This and the fact that with winter setting in, it was going to be touch and go getting the car over the mountain passes back to Bend safely when I never had to take it there in the first place.  When I brought up the crap diagnosis to the shop here in Bend, they balked and basically said they would re-imburse me for the the compression test charge but nothing else.  Not that I was looking to necessarily have them stroke me a big check but I would have appreciated perhaps some shop credit for the future to cover some of the expenses and hassle caused by their error.  The tech that did the work is not longer working at the shop, apparently due to a whole host of screw ups on cars.   

Thats sucks. Once I got the install error message I stopped wasting my time. I've worked on cars too long to deal with that. At this point I should just get my ASE certification as a CYA for stuff like this (although I don't know if it would make any difference).

• Like 1

Put mine in a safer place. Garage is still a long way from being done, but it’s dry, has a roof, and solid 6” think reinforced concrete floors to put my Quickjacks on.

69BE84E9-497A-4D59-AEA5-85BEE47F9CB3.thumb.jpeg.ff1e472f10d97a556d84857ac1419be1.jpeg

B2626276-0CD5-4CAA-8A6B-8628B747009C.thumb.jpeg.e9be4f10c105974480847555f71d4680.jpeg

No power or light yet of course, but still. This feels good!!!

Been a lot of hours, money and cold days in the dark putting it up, but having a place for the projects feels damn good.

Now, need to arrange for delivery of the 2 post hoist.

• Like 4

I should have had more of these made.  I think Brian at Subie Stickers might have the file.  He was the engineer for Delicious Tuning who developed the flex fuel hardware.  He made me a few custom parts on the 3d printer too.  He took over Subie Stickers after leaving Delicious. 

20130614_144141.jpg

What did I do to Spider Pig today....

Well, I convinced @LosAngelesLGTthat he held on to her too long just sitting.  So feeler to those who still follow. Car is for sale as a whole or parts

Max has a number in his head he needs.  Daughter with Cerebral Palsy needs new wheelchair accesible van.  They go for 70k.

FOR LUNAS SAKE SOMEONE PLEASE BUY THIS GODDAMN CAR!!!!

I was there at the hospital the day she was born.  She was a twin.  Her sibling did not make it.  Max life changed forever that day.  The world is SO MUCH BETTER WITH LUNA IN IT. You have no idea the love and admiration I hold for that girl. I can not buy the car, family and funds do not permit.

If there is any intereat at all I will collect current photos and assist/ facilitate the sale as a whole or parts to help Luna in any way I can. 

Let me know.  A FS thread will be opened if there is any  interest. 

Your chance to own a piece of LGT history.

279696559_maxattrack.jpg.ac8ba657fa714e8a070f766e86df5c7d.jpg

v66yz7.jpg.132fb91b02f6e8950c78d77c990590db.jpg

20121004_133322.jpg.91090e103ac980cd23466f702c8dc90d.jpg

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Car is going to Surgeline on Thursday for an oil change. First oil change I've ever done on the car after more than 3000 miles! I've done a whole 3300 on the oil and I'm sure it's fine. 

Also having them lube the crossmember and front sway bar/endlink bushings. I've had the nastiest squeak from my car when it's driven for more than a few minutes for a little while now and I'm going insane. Hoping that a little lube without dropping everything from the car will solve it, but I don't have the highest hopes.

I swear that, at some point, that I had Surgeline install Whiteline subframe bushings at some point. However, after going through every single receipt for work done on my car, I just do not see records for that. I also have no record of ever purchasing the bushings myself... Just steering rack bushings, rear diff bushings, crossmember bushings, the Kartboy endlinks, the bushings included with the sway bars, and shift bushings.... Are any of these more apt to cause a frustrating rocking chair creak over bumps than others?