LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I 3a783a26a465ad6525f0c74a8dc1a079.jpg

8f6245c932b579aef49e02065d6da85f.jpg

26d527c3d01b7bb04ab205297c7db3d6.jpg

7515ca4b1f90a86906397baedd69df57.jpg

I found out why the radio trim pieces weren’t lining up. The thick metal support that goes under the steering wheel was putting pressure on the black plastic piece that goes on the side of the radio area. I feel like that metal piece is for safety purposes but Europe must not have them because the fitment was way too tight with it on.

I also got the shifter boot on but didn’t get a picture. I still have a lot of work to do to get this right.

I’m going to order a metal bracket for a 2010 Outback and see if it fits since that would be way easier than getting one from Europe. And for the attachment point in the front there is about a 3/8” space that I’ll make a custom bracket for out of aluminum.

That just leaves the handbrake boot and the console lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Constructed my second Kenwood receiver/STi gauge/HCA Double DIN Faceplate harness from the pins up over the weekend. What I thought was bad wiring on my part was just a blown fuse. I still don't understand why the Kenwood was unable to power itself on, but was able to when connected to the HCA faceplate. I don't regret this misstep, though - it's good to pick up more wiring skills. A lot of redundant splices/points of failure were gone in the v2 harness. The big block looking thing is two 10a noise filters connected in parallel to eliminate alternator whine. I got my connectors from Corsa Technic and TXL wires from WireBarn.

Original Harness

picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13147

New Harness

picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13158

In Progress

picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13160

Blown Fuse

picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13159

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Hauled home some mint mach1 seats to swap into my foxbody. Change it up from normal subie posts06315109387b9ace0aa6c8560d93c1a1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Man I miss my 91 fox 5.0. I love that Square body car. I was not that fast but with long tubes, exhaust, and a nice little system. It was so nice in warm weather.

See here: https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/power-steering-pump-rebuild-gen-3-2005-2009.516272/

This guy touches on that hex key bolt - it is a 10mm hex and houses the control relief valve. There is an o-ring there but I did not swap it. MrSubaru ignored it so I did the same haha

This forum guide also seems to match your setup closer. His is on an 05/06 OB

Nice walk-through. And yeah, that's how my pump looks like.

I found out why the radio trim pieces weren’t lining up. The thick metal support that goes under the steering wheel was putting pressure on the black plastic piece that goes on the side of the radio area. I feel like that metal piece is for safety purposes but Europe must not have them because the fitment was way too tight with it on.

I also got the shifter boot on but didn’t get a picture. I still have a lot of work to do to get this right.

I’m going to order a metal bracket for a 2010 Outback and see if it fits since that would be way easier than getting one from Europe. And for the attachment point in the front there is about a 3/8” space that I’ll make a custom bracket for out of aluminum.

That just leaves the handbrake boot and the console lid.

I got to this too late: the plate you want is from any 2008-2009. They updated it for the facelift. I was in the same boat.

I got to this too late: the plate you want is from any 2008-2009. They updated it for the facelift. I was in the same boat.

My car is an 08 so I’m not sure what you mean. So I have the correct plastic pieces on my car already but that thick metal plate seemed to keep the European plastic from fitting correctly.

What's the compatibility between years/engines of the engine splash shield? I feel like now that my car isn't leaking I'd like to get one back on. Heuberger part look up lists only 2005 legacys and outbacks, no 2006-2009. But it also weirdly fits a ton of tribecas. I'm thinking it's probably super compatible across 4th gens but wanted to be sure before trying to grab one. Edited by seanyb505

What's the compatibility between years/engines of the engine splash shield. I feel like now that my car isn't leaking I'd like to get one back on. Heuberger part look up lists only 2005 legacys and outbacks, no 2006-2009. But it also weirdly fits a ton of tribecas. I'm thinking it's probably super compatible across 4th gens but wanted to be sure before trying to grab one.

I'll believe some wrx years fit. Maybe 2008-2014?

My car is an 08 so I’m not sure what you mean. So I have the correct plastic pieces on my car already but that thick metal plate seemed to keep the European plastic from fitting correctly.

I swapped to from a 2007, got a facelift metal shield. Worked fine with fitment for me, maybe I'm crazy? :spin:

Like the fluid pan on the transmission? I should be able to get a picture later this week/weekend
Yes sir, the fluid pan on the trans. I think mine is caved in a bit and I am due for a drain/fill so I will pull the pan if needed. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Was there a jack or support on that pan at some point?

That doesn't look like it hit anything, but rather a slower caving to heavy pressure.

This is my thought. The engine was out and I'm thinking they had a jack under there for support at some point. I know it wasn't this way prior and there are no signs of impact. I will address it with the fellas at the shop.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Some update pic's I got from the shop on the wagon over the past month and change. Hoping the car will get done by the end of the month. I've been too busy with work and getting ready for a kid to get over there and take pic's myself so excuse the lack of more detailed shots.

1.thumb.jpg.eaa5c6916d7df89f047d36e7b1c134ed.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c002abf818849a0a189115b0677d9890.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.8d3e4c41711d2d9ed3a5d6bd41d47b58.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.caac236e0f3ebad0f9d5e55b1833d22c.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.f7ee0fed9180280456cb962122086191.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.4779e6a1ad9024a85b3666ce9c1405d6.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.05f99979123e4d6d7a0a68a80978115e.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.585faa2f52bd33ee574c650b38a2d7f5.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.8b585c1e17208b9edfec112fedcb0c1f.jpg

10.thumb.jpg.d3123fca775c782ffdb0e5d3f70d999b.jpg

BNR 18g that JMP gave the full works on. Hoping to be able to break that 350whp mark with all of the supporting mods. I've seen a few others (i.e. user jasejase) that got in the ballpark with a non custom BNR 18g with less supporting mods so I'm optimistic, but I also know dyno's are different so we'll see.