LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I need to be pointed in the direction of taking a week off work to replace every single steering and suspension component as they've been sitting in my garage since December.

unless your car is a rust bucket, should only take a day to do. If you have to have the old ones pressed out, well that's either a trip to a machine shop, dealership or harbor freight. Also that will take time. Lastly probably need to make plans for a full alignment when you get done.

Of course, while you are under there, you'll find a year's worth of upgrades, cleaning and other stuff to do.

I tend to think your one week plan is optimistic. However I took several years to replace hg, so my ability to judge task list might be faulty

my vin wont work. i need spec b rear hub bolts. I know i have the part number saved somewhere. I'll hit him up either way. thanks for tip.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Good find! I'm getting mine on Thursday (round two because I'm dumb) and @Febreze Mee is getting a sweet XT hood.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Very much looking forward to the trip out. I'll be in bed by 8, and ready to roll early. I guess we get to wrench for a couple minutes in the parking lot too, admiring each others work when finished.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

my vin wont work. i need spec b rear hub bolts. I know i have the part number saved somewhere. I'll hit him up either way. thanks for tip.

I was in the same boat when collecting parts for rear aluminum control arms.

Saved these VINs from classifieds :

VINs for part ## references from legacygt.com "full vehicle part out" threads:

2006 Legacy 2.5GT Spec.B (2006 Spec B was still 5MT), VIN 4S3BL676366207176

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT SpecB 6MT QSM, VIN 4S3BL696683200255

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT SpecB 6MT QSM, VIN 4S3BL696493216035

2006 Subaru Outback 3.0R LLBean, 5EAT, VIN 4S4BP86C964330687

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Thanks Infosecdad - it doesn't look like Rock Auto or PartsKing carries Diamond.. can you recommend any retailers that stock them?

Edit: Lowest price locally I could find for Diamond Electrics coilpack is $145CDN.. Stealership asking $180CDN for a single. That's crazy.

I looked back in my history, I bought NGK U5141 (48706) or NGK-48706 from Rock Auto (no longer listed) and they were diamond electric.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5909733&postcount=494

Searching for that part number turns up a number of places (many with incorrect images).

I also have a set of OEM w/ 90k miles from an OBXT if you need something quicker/cheap. They were working fine when I pulled them from the spare engine.

Moved my daughter into her dorm for the second year, ended up with my fleet all together for a short time. Man the 4th Gen looks small compared to the Outback and Odyssey...

IMG_8836.thumb.jpg.1075c15bbe883c1d29228775b380f371.jpg

Also, stumbled on a '99 Outback w/ 180k in need of head gaskets on FB marketplace (within 3hrs of posting) and decided it would be a good first car for my older son.

IMG_8844.thumb.jpg.fd8f6b1981b8734de9a345a96d5d7e55.jpg

It has a rust free body, paint is in great shape, interior is pretty nice, 1" lift with almost new all-terrain tires.

Now I have 3rd, 4th, and 5th gens... :lol:

If I can get long covid to push off, I can physically work on it :spin:

Just bought a set of Enkie TS-5 17x8 wheels in silver for my silver legacy :lol: I got the last four on clearance and bought them with the quickness. I wanted a set of 17s to replace my stock grey 5 spokes. So now I have my gold 18x8s I run for summer, and will run my 17x8s for an all season. :wub:

3757fcace744143af54432f27c9dd46d.jpg

Today: I installed a spare bumper I had painted 5 years ago (lol), front lip, and finished up the grill and grill mounted fogs. Last week I cleaned up the JDM headlights and fixed the LED DRL’s.

I’m finishing up projects on the car and getting it cleaned up enough to sell it. We bought a model 3 and getting back in this loud thing is just irritating. I wouldn’t mind keeping it as the Home Depot run car, but it’s just too loud and smelly in comparison.

I thought about parting it out, but My garage is too short to get the engine out and driveway too steep to safety remove the carcass if I pulled the $$$ suspension and breaks.

My other car is a Prius, I like my legacy of not only for the smells and noise lol

Guess we all are different

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

sleeper to the max :spin:

It's fairly quiet until the external opens [emoji2369]

Rolling up on someone in a modified 4th gen always gets the Jaws theme song running in my ears. When it's dark and you have a dark color car? so much more fun.

I use to drive the wagon to work and come home late. Id cruise in the right lane until something fun appeared. Dusting someone when you have a stock sounding exhaust just adds to the joy.

Rolling up on someone in a modified 4th gen always gets the Jaws theme song running in my ears. When it's dark and you have a dark color car? so much more fun.

I use to drive the wagon to work and come home late. Id cruise in the right lane until something fun appeared. Dusting someone when you have a stock sounding exhaust just adds to the joy.

For sure, those years that I ran the wagon with stock muffs at the track were so much fun :)

N/A outback hood57ea66ff8d60b783431738e035ff6d4a.jpg

You have me itching to practice a bigger cutout on my front bumper. Original piece is trashed anyways, need to find a clean replacement or spray one fresh.

Wonder what practical difference the extra space makes. Any chance you're willing to do back to back runs w/ the top ports closed and then open, while logging IAT? Mine, measured just upstream of the throttle body, sits roughly 4-6 degrees over ambient without any extra cuts in the bumper.

This right here is why I desparately want to trade someone my AVO cans for some SPT or something similarly quiet. I've definitely grown past the rumble rumble phase (not that it rumbles anymore anyways)

You have me itching to practice a bigger cutout on my front bumper. Original piece is trashed anyways, need to find a clean replacement or spray one fresh.

Wonder what practical difference the extra space makes. Any chance you're willing to do back to back runs w/ the top ports closed and then open, while logging IAT? Mine, measured just upstream of the throttle body, sits roughly 4-6 degrees over ambient without any extra cuts in the bumper.

My Grimmspeed TMIC is 4-5 degrees over ambient, my previous AVO TMIC would be 0-2 degress. I don't think it was more efficient, it just had less surface area to heat soak. :lol:

My Grimmspeed TMIC is 4-5 degrees over ambient, my previous AVO TMIC would be 0-2 degress. I don't think it was more efficient, it just had less surface area to heat soak. :lol:

Good point on heat soak. I remember the TMIC shootout thread on here that showed virtually all TMICs would eventually heat soak on back to back pulls. Temperature rise during a pull(s) is probably a better performance metric than just temperature delta when cruising along. I'll have to take a few logs here and see how the FMIC compares to the data in that thread, and norutah's clearanced bumper if he's game.

My favorite thing has become chasing down newer wrx's when they come by driving aggressively. They don't seem to realize it's more of a willingness to push the car issue than the car itself.

Hell I used to do it in my civic on the highway. Mr Mustang never expects the crap can civic he just flew past to come back up to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would gladly participate. It's worth mentioning, the legacy opening is larger than the outback opening. At the leading edge center, the legacy is 4.125 and the outback is 2.875. (both 05s)

I plan to get a bumper from a junkyard to see how much I can open it up while keeping the minimally acceptable rigidity. Basically just shy of flapping in the wind

My favorite thing has become chasing down newer wrx's when they come by driving aggressively. They don't seem to realize it's more of a willingness to push the car issue than the car itself.

Hell I used to do it in my civic on the highway. Mr Mustang never expects the crap can civic he just flew past to come back up to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a co-worker with a TT-RS. We merge on the interstate at the same time a few times a month. He is determined to outrun me. He is amazed at how quick the outback is. Same thing I believe, willingness to push the car (and to what to speed...) I pull him to 100 (hypothetically of course) and that must be his max comfort level. [emoji6]