LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

best price on a short block? Is anyone shipping anymore? Or do I need to step up to a semi custom model? Local dealer wants 1983$ + tax.
That's a pretty good price. You could try Mike Shaw Subaru. That's where I purchased my shortblock from.

3757fcace744143af54432f27c9dd46d.jpg

Today: I installed a spare bumper I had painted 5 years ago (lol), front lip, and finished up the grill and grill mounted fogs. Last week I cleaned up the JDM headlights and fixed the LED DRL’s.

I’m finishing up projects on the car and getting it cleaned up enough to sell it. We bought a model 3 and getting back in this loud thing is just irritating. I wouldn’t mind keeping it as the Home Depot run car, but it’s just too loud and smelly in comparison.

I thought about parting it out, but My garage is too short to get the engine out and driveway too steep to safety remove the carcass if I pulled the $$$ suspension and breaks.

I know that feeling. I inherited my Dad’s Model S when he passed away and my Outback has just been sitting since. So much so that I need to drive it around to get all the sensors ready so I can smog and register it. Not to mention that my dog hates the vibration and constant noise of the Outback too. The only reason I’m trying to get it registered is that it is my best vehicle for throwing a stand up paddleboard on. Also all of the “smart” features of the Tesla make driving the Outback tedious.

Out with the old and in with the new. I found some photos of the divider needing to be bent and it didn't look like it was a ton. Took me three tries though, on the last one I was irritated and stopped being careful so hopefully it's bent enough.2380384e98080e6e5fd64cd0d616ab9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I’m having none of these Tesla issues. After six and a half years of semi-cautious ownership, picked up an AP for a great price off the f/s board. Updated from stock map immediately and absolutely loving the difference. Smiled all the way TO the in-laws, fwiw.

Saw this recently:

Might do this instead of the Nexus 7 install since finding one cheap is tough and their age might start to show.

Yeah, I'm looking at what is next past Nexus 7; mine has been going for 4 years but is starting to struggle. I have a vent mount for an 8" tablet, trying to decide whether to do that again, or go rasp pi + display.

Sorry, missed the previous thread. What did you add? the fogs or headlights?

Also, what fogs are those?

Fog light install is new - Diode Dynamics SS3 LED kit.. Keeping in mind it'll fit the 08-09 Legacy, but not 05-07 model years.

Saw this recently:

Might do this instead of the Nexus 7 install since finding one cheap is tough and their age might start to show.

Yeah, I'm looking at what is next past Nexus 7; mine has been going for 4 years but is starting to struggle. I have a vent mount for an 8" tablet, trying to decide whether to do that again, or go rasp pi + display.

I want to do this, but mount the display in a 3D printed bezel and mount to the CD Slot, then hide all this remotely (I have the full USDM radio) and use a antenna interface for RCA inputs. Thanks for sharing this video!

Fog light install is new - Diode Dynamics SS3 LED kit.. Keeping in mind it'll fit the 08-09 Legacy, but not 05-07 model years.

RIP, looks nice. wonder if there is a version that fits mine. My foggies keep killing bulbs

Can anyone do me a favor and measure the 4th Gen Legacy rear sway bar distance from endlink to endlink? Mine is still in the paint shop or else I'd measure it myself.

It **looks** just like a Tribeca bar...there are no Tribeca sway bars and the rear bar is only 14mm.

Can anyone do me a favor and measure the 4th Gen Legacy rear sway bar distance from endlink to endlink? Mine is still in the paint shop or else I'd measure it myself.

It **looks** just like a Tribeca bar...there are no Tribeca sway bars and the rear bar is only 14mm.

I have a couple of rear sways sitting. nib whiteline & an oem.

Went to the local junkyard on a random quest for connectors for my rewiring project. Came across 5 fourth gen wagons and sedans. Only 1 actual lgt.

The dash pads all looked good.

The white/black lgt sedan is mostly complete except driver front side removed, and rear passenger corner damaged. Black interior is complete and somewhat worn. Engine & auto are gone. The large amount of stickers on the outside windows suggests it was too much money to fix, so there was an accident. :(

Went out of town for a bit, developed a major clunk on the front driver's side. Brought into a dealer when I was in Toronto, they said it wasn't critical. Taking a deeper look tonight since I'm back. Also, putting in a Whiteline 20mm rear swaybar with the AVOJDM reinforcement brackets.

Went out of town for a bit, developed a major clunk on the front driver's side. Brought into a dealer when I was in Toronto, they said it wasn't critical. Taking a deeper look tonight since I'm back. Also, putting in a Whiteline 20mm rear swaybar with the AVOJDM reinforcement brackets.

I’ve found major front end clunkiness to be loose end links on my car.

I have a couple of rear sways sitting. nib whiteline & an oem.
That would be awesome if you can.
If you're removing the bar, can you grab a measurement from endlink to endlink (bar measurement) just in case boxkita isn't able to get to it? Thanks.

My Whiteline RSB is approx 47" outside to outside I believe. It's a challenge to measure while installed, but I have her up on the quickjack at the moment.

Whiteline specs confirm basically 47" length: https://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=BSR39Z&sq=51690