Beer Snob Thread - Volume 2

jasejase

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wife surprised me with Trader Joe's beer? I love a good Red Ale and this Drive Thru Red is pretty decent. At 7.2% it's surprisingly light tasting, especially for a Red Ale. It wouldn't hurt if they made it a bit thicker but it's still good the way it is.

37204677490_b22f3fa5f6_b.jpg

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

went to BWW last night and finally got to try Sam Adams NE IPA, was pretty good!

Just bought some Sam Adams Hazy & Juicy IPA. For an off-the-shelf beer it's actually quite good.

Just had a Hill Farmstead Pils called Mary at work shhhhh

also just booked a hotel and bus trip to festival of farmhouse ales at Hill farmstead august 3rd i got lucky and got tickets

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I had Elysian's Space Dust IPA at a restaurant this weekend, very crisp IPA without being overboard on hops, would definitely get again.

Elysian%2BSpace%2BDust%2BIPA.jpg

I had Elysian's Space Dust IPA at a restaurant this weekend, very crisp IPA without being overboard on hops, would definitely get again.

Elysian%2BSpace%2BDust%2BIPA.jpg

what style of beer(s) do you like most and where are you from? space dust is ok

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

lol

99% of the beer that BBV will recommend is beer that you can only get at breweries, that you have to stand in line for, trade for, or know someone who has it. If it's mass produced and readily available, his taste buds are put off.

^

I was told over and over that I *HAD* to go to Treehouse. I pulled in there some Wednesday night (I think that's one of the nights they're open) and saw the line going out the door, around the lawn, and all the way down the parking lot about the length of a football field. I noped right the **** out of there.

lol

99% of the beer that BBV will recommend is beer that you can only get at breweries, that you have to stand in line for, trade for, or know someone who has it. If it's mass produced and readily available, his taste buds are put off.

i still have a bunch of that kind of beer which i am getting through but I am leaning towards Truly's and Naturdays lately

^

I was told over and over that I *HAD* to go to Treehouse. I pulled in there some Wednesday night (I think that's one of the nights they're open) and saw the line going out the door, around the lawn, and all the way down the parking lot about the length of a football field. I noped right the **** out of there.

yea thas just stupid the line isnt that bad anymore. All day yesterday it was 15-20 min wait total. I havent been in months but thats what i saw online from people. Their stuff is good but all the IPA and stouts taste the same, i dont chase beer anymore I just drink what I have.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I'm trying to remember when that was. I want to say it was around October of 2017. Come to think of it, it was probably a Thursday, because it was one of the days they opened at 5:00 pm. I think they're open at Noon on Wednesdays, and I've heard the lines aren't as bad on the days they're open at Noon.

^

agreed. Im not waiting for a beer that's a tad better than the rest, but sought after just because it's hard to get. Im not falling for that shit.

There's plenty of good beers out there. I'm not wasting time nor money on a consistent basis, sourcing 'amazing beer' to satisfy the beer hipsters requirements as to what's great. There's blind taste tests out there with beer hipsters, showing that they don't really know their treehouses from their sierra nevadas, that are pretty comical. Good beer is good. Without a doubt. But if I can get a solid 8.5 all day long on the shelves of a liquor store, why would I go that much further for a 9.2????

Many of these breweries produce enough to make themselves nichey and hard to get. Sip of Sunshine used to be 'the beer to get.' Now that you can buy it at a grocery store, it's meh. :lol:

I really hate the pompous beer hipster scene. It's nearly the same as anything else hipster. Hard to find, non commercial, niche market, is ALWAYS better than the rest. From music to beer.

i still have a bunch of that kind of beer which i am getting through but I am leaning towards Truly's and Naturdays lately

yea thas just stupid the line isnt that bad anymore. All day yesterday it was 15-20 min wait total. I havent been in months but thats what i saw online from people. Their stuff is good but all the IPA and stouts taste the same, i dont chase beer anymore I just drink what I have.

lol. i try not to drink beer all the time now, as the calories are insane. Im sick of every beer being 8.5% too, which is why I've been gravitating to non ipa's over the last year or so. If im in it for the long haul, gin all the way. Low calorie, and tasty.

I wait in a beer line MAYBE once a year. And if that's longer than 20 minutes i bitch. When i was in Maine last week, i waited in a line at Bissell mainly because i got their opening time wrong.

I'm trying to remember when that was. I want to say it was around October of 2017. Come to think of it, it was probably a Thursday, because it was one of the days they opened at 5:00 pm. I think they're open at Noon on Wednesdays, and I've heard the lines aren't as bad on the days they're open at Noon.

Now they have a new system with 10-12 registers going and as of last week the line has never been that long like it used to be.

lol. i try not to drink beer all the time now, as the calories are insane. Im sick of every beer being 8.5% too, which is why I've been gravitating to non ipa's over the last year or so. If im in it for the long haul, gin all the way. Low calorie, and tasty.

I wait in a beer line MAYBE once a year. And if that's longer than 20 minutes i bitch. When i was in Maine last week, i waited in a line at Bissell mainly because i got their opening time wrong.

I agree 100% that is why I really try to only drink weekends, get through a couple big craft beers. Most of the time I am now drinking refreshing stuff as its hot and summer and also those calories you're right they add up fast!

I am not a gin and or hard liquor guy but at 5% the truly's are 100 calories and 3-4 of them will get you feeling nice vs. the same calories in an 8.5% ipa or whatever. I am sick of feeling bloated and or having acid from a couple craft beers.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Yeah a 16 ounce ipa, is running 200-260 calories easily. So if you have a night with 4 or 5 of those. That's an extra 1k calories right there. Truly kinda sucks, but it's tolerable.

Bombay sapphire is 57 calories an ounce. It's usually about half of what beer is. I usually mix gin with seltzer.

JJ be like....only 28 carbs, 95 cals

MichUltra-Case-min.jpg

Not a fan. However, if im at someones house for a picnic, beggars cant be choosers. lol

I like craft beer. I have a good amount of it (likely 80-90 cans). I just don't consume it as much as i used to.

There are some competitors to Truly that are a bit better if you want to break up the day a bit more.