LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

oof. Well that answers that. I've been there buddy. It was a sucky time for me getting out and then figuring out who I was post divorce. I refer to my first wife as my practice wife. :lol:

Can't say I have any advice, other than if you're looking at expensive things, make sure the majority of the reason is it is for you, and less as a "F*ck U". A little FU is okay tho ;-)

Majority of the money she asked what I would do with I just invested since I didn't spend it on cars. We'll get what, now I can buy a few cars on my returns and it's a win win. Definitely doing more of what made me "me" if that makes any sense. Nothing out of spite or hate. Just my energy is more on me rather than making someone else happy if that makes any sense.

It's always hard to deal with putting someone else first because you care so much, then it to be taken for granted and you kinda lose your identity a bit. Not saying that I didn't know who I was, but just will know when the next lady comes into my life it'll be more mature on both ends in terms of supporting one another. Wether hobbies, financial, work, life goals. It's all working out as I want and need for myself.

Thanks for being my therapist today. Gotta have subeibrotherhood system out there for enabling ;)

Well the hunt for an outback came to an abrupt end when I came across this pretty lady :) 06 auto, unmolested, great maintenance history. Need to get an alignment done and possible rotors/pads. The BBS are going to look fire on it! Already ordered color matched JDM spats. Just need to address the raingaurds and also decide what % or tint to do all around or have the fronts be slightly less than the rears. All red driveway is almost there lol545b756974f666bed6c24cf5b3e6ecb9.jpg8a35120638a7d3c15c100756591f746e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Fleet is looking good! Excited to see what's next.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I think once my FEQ axles are trashed, I will order some from raxles.

Last week, I had to replace yet again the passenger side inner cv boot. Fails too quick to my liking now. Doesn't help that I live in the desert either. Gonna install some kind of heat shield. Sick of dealing with the greasy mess it leaves.

I just bought Heatshield Products 177097 catalytic converter heatshield for the Tribeca since the stock shields are destroyed and rattling. Seems like a good option.

Thanks for the suggestion. The one I've been planning on getting is this one from DEI: https://www.designengineering.com/titanium-pipe-shield-4-x-8/

Looks like almost half the price but may not withstand as high temps. You also get more surface area material from the Summit one than the DEI one. I now wonder how hot our cat can get (have hi flow invidia)

Thanks for the suggestion. The one I've been planning on getting is this one from DEI: https://www.designengineering.com/titanium-pipe-shield-4-x-8/

Looks like almost half the price but may not withstand as high temps. You also get more surface area material from the Summit one than the DEI one. I now wonder how hot our cat can get (have hi flow invidia)

Based on this the answer is very. More than I thought for sure.

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100266

There's a few companies that make dp blankets I thought though. Perrin used to and I'm not sure if php does.

Ptp. Been talking about coding too much.

https://www.ptpturboblankets.com/collections/ptp-subaru-downpipe-blankets/products/subaru-downpipe-blanket-lava

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Nonamedude

I actually went ahead and purchased the 4x8 DEI pipe shield. Hopefully, it will be sufficient in extending the CV boot life. I also learned that one has to make sure not to fully cover the catalytic converter. Or it will overheat and be rendered useless.

Oh that's interesting. Yea the dp blankets are probably over kill anyway and it's not like you're at the track either. I can't imagine you go WOT from every light.

I don't have a cat in the section by cv joint and I've been lucky to not have a torn boot yet.

I just put my turbo blanket on a little bit ago. Had been running without a heat shield for a little bit and just casual driving the hood would get ridiculously hot.

Haven't decided if I want to bother to put the stock heat shield back on.

I am not sure if you will be able to fit the stock shield though. I am using a Grimspeed heat shield. From some pics I have seen, I should have no problem. Can't wait.

I may also consider reflective tape to put on the intercooler too. Heat shielding to the max :spin:

I am not sure if you will be able to fit the stock shield though. I am using a Grimspeed heat shield. From some pics I have seen, I should have no problem. Can't wait.

I may also consider reflective tape to put on the intercooler too. Heat shielding to the max :spin:

For my VF-52, I have a turbo blanket, stock heat shield, and SPT Heat shield with reflective tape on the inside :p:lol:

I finally threw in my 2017 STi steering rack! Super happy with the change and feedback! It feels amazing, and I cannot wait to get my Perrin steering dampener back in, and summers on to feel the rest of the difference.

I do need to replace the inner tie rods though. Unfortunately, I ordered OB units from Moog instead of the STi units. I can't believe I goofed that one up!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Have a feeling I need to update the rack too. Just dropped off the car for installing new front hubs, CV from Raxles and diff seals.

Getting stiff feeling wheel at the outer limits of the steering angle. Likely internal leak. Not dripping after the steering pump install a few weeks back.

Reminds me to check the perrin dampner installed a year ago.

It'd be nice if I would include a picture... But for the 06, finished replacing one of the power steering hoses, including the infamous oring fix (the leak made a huge mess on the block and headers...). Also replaced upper radiator hose, turbo inlet hose, a few other vaccum hoses connecting to it, and also put a new PCV valve.

Then finally got around installing a heat shield for the passenger CV boot on the 05. Hopefully, this will help now!

Next will be the turbo blanket. And I will have to revise the 06 tune. I can see running quite lean when 35<MAF<50g/s. The 05 did the same. I fixed it by carefully adjusting the MAF scaling within that range. The car is nice to drive now (i.e acceleration feels smooth).

IMG_20210902_221649.thumb.jpg.f91069f85a3cdd106abf32e970dbf987.jpg

Edited by xt2005bonbon

My steering hoses looked fine. I had a hell of a time trying to wrangle them on their with the limited room. The threads wouldn't catch. I used it all. Extensions, u-joints, crows feet, under the car, over the car. I got the high pressure line on after 30-45mins. I finally decided, in frustration, I'll just remove the return hose completely and screw that on to the steering rack hardlines. Got it on in under 5mins. I should've led with that!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Well totally happy so far with the new CV install, no more slop there... Used Moog rod ends good stuff. Had a couple of noises under there after pickup so I need to put it up on the ramps and take a look at their work. Last guy put the endlinks on two different positions on the WL front anti sway bar. I could have done this stuff myself but I'm a little busy and it needed to get done! Edited by kzr750r1