LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Why not OBXT?

I want a 2005 LGT Limited (SWP/GRP/OBP) or a 2006 OBXT Limited (GRP/OBP). Needs to be manual. I had trouble finding these under the conditions I've set out to find one, and inside of my budget. Not to mention, my wallet doesn't want to afford the maintenance that comes with a turbocharged car at the moment.

I've said that I'd like to take a 2006 Outback to the grave. It didn't have to be my CGO wagon, nor does it have to be this one. One day, I intend to own one of the above. For now, my focus goes towards my RX-7, and a clean, and reliable daily that allows me to finish my RX-7.

Bonus: I found this clean example of a low-mileage, single-owner 2.5i with a 5MT and LSD in a color I'm fond of.

TL;DR: I couldn't find the OBXT I wanted :lol:

MILKRUN  - Click Here

You know the crazy thing is, I most likely would've had it been for sale a month sooner. I've always thought highly of your car. Super clean, well taken care of.

Now stopping suggesting things like this before I start to have buyers remorse.

I already stumbled upon a running and driving Chevy Nova 350 for $6500 and I was so bummed out when I saw it. Don't add your OB to my list of things to covet haha.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

You're right.

Even if we went over everything by Zoom and photos, odds are I'd still be trying to "sell" and you'd still be hoping for more and disappointed when you finally saw it .

Yeah... it would probably go kinda like this...

you'd come all the way out here then see the outside paint. A few more dings than you thought, as much as I tried to show. Front bumper is starting to peel from a who knows how long ago respray. Rear bumper fits only 85% perfect when you start nit picking. Stock shocks are waaaaay over due to replace... "Their not scary. That's what a 120k mile OB is supposed to feel like." And on the test drive I'll point out something in the right front is clunking, probably a bushing or something... And, yes, my kids walked on the sun roof and cracked it. but It doesn't leak! It was 3 years ago, "trust me"...

Then you'll get frustrated that you came all the way to CA and it's not what you hoped even with all the Zoom walk throughs. The interior is really good, but then again... there's a couple things that give you pause.

But I'm seeing the potential for this whole mess of selling a container load of parts AND a car with a built motor. Normal Outback shoppers are not gonna get it.

So to sweeten the pot:

How about I throw in:

+ Injector Dynamic 1050cc top feed setup, with STI FPR?

So good with E85!

No?

+ Cobb catted DP?

Oh gosh I forgot to remove the brains for the LC-2 wide band O2. You just need to plug this:

+ LC Engineering WB O2 socket into here, and plug this usb into the usb to serial adapter.... and you're logging!

[dang it, he's till not biting.....]

+ Invidia ELH? It's exactly this one: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-va-invidia-1-5-scroll-equal-length-headers-swaintech-248895.html

Zero dents in the ELH because it was protected by this here:

+ Primative skid plate,

[so close... alright, i know this is my big money maker in my stash... but to get it all done at once? My time... My time is money.... ]

My final offer: I'll throw in a:

+ Cobb Flex Fuel kit with AEM fuel pump. New in box. Never installed. And of course you'll want this old :

+ AP V3, I ain't got a use for it...

(not mentioning the AVO TMIC, Grimmspeed intake, EBCS, or the upgraded ACT clutch... Or the newish radiator, $1000 I spent on AC repairs, and KartBoy short shift... Won't mention that because the power steering pump is leaking, probably needs replacing. Then again it could be that $5 PS o-ring is worn out from time... )

Thank GOODNESS you don't have smog exempt 350 Nova for a straight across trade plus a few goodies. Last thing I need is another project car.

(forgot to mention the Enkie wheels, Koni's Shocks/Struts & Tien Springs, and those LGT front front calipers I have laying around.... )

So far my experience selling parts on Facebook market place sucks.

It is a good thing I don't have the Nova because then I'd really have a decision to make, huh? I have the guy's contact info and a few photos of the car I can PM if interested.

I give your car a week tops after posting it in the classifieds here.

Additionally, I have the main glass piece, PN# 65430AG01B, (it's used, not new) to our sunroofs if you want it. I'd ask $100 for it. I don't know that it would be worth shipping it though.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I wish I'd bought a car through the forums. Cali was way closer to me at the time too. But east costs car ads were about 5k less than west coast ads. I saw one in Portland asking 14k from a dealer with like 110k miles. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The forums is probably a good place to start. I haven't really looked at pricing.

See, thing is, the built motor is a bit loose, uses some oil. If I sell it to some soccer mom, she won't check the oil and kill it. That would be tragic.

It's just forged pistons and STI parts, doesn't have forged rods. So it's not your baller built motor ready to make 500hp. And it makes knockity knock sounds when cold, sometimes shows up as knock on BtSSM. Maybe it's probably not your "forever" engine. But it'll hang in there until you've saved up for that Stage9000 TurboTuff.

Who it's perfect for is someone that wants to get into DIY Subaru tuning. The pistons will hold up to some trial and error tuning, support larger turbo, and loves E85 (probably wise to learn to tune E85 first, before doing it on crappy pump). We were making 360hp wheel at just 5k when it ran out of fuel pump...

Thanks for the tip on them. I need to get my original VF40 rebuilt as well.

I'm going to start collecting my horde of performance parts and start selling them off.

Hurry, everyone has stimulus and tax money

^ Do you have a Grimspeed TMIC?

Black one. Yes. All the parts. Aside from the splitter that fell apart.

I'll go put the parts in the box and make sure it's all there tonight.

Kills me but will probably sell the unused Cobb DP too.

Edited by kzr750r1

Good thing cross country shipping kills it for me. I already spent all my money.

Should be time for some PMs :spin:

Anyone has ever installed these huge TMICs in conjunction with AOS? Worried about fitment.

I just moved it off a table to the storage stack in the garage last night.

Found a couple of the hoses in one of the other totes.

I'll pull it all down this weekend and get it sorted for sale.

Trying to get the garage cleaned up and useable again.

I haven't seen a clear work bench in a decade.

Will probably move some other unused items as well.

Cobb three port vac solenoid

Cobb BOV - along with the GS TMIC were used for about a year and a half.

Keep an eye out in the classifieds this weekend.

Anyone has ever installed these huge TMICs in conjunction with AOS? Worried about fitment.

I have the GS AOS as well but the hoses are cut to my needs and likely not others.

I’m running the IAG Street Series AOS with a Grimspeed TMIC. Just had to be extra careful with hose routing, but everything fits. The IAG kit comes with more than enough hose too.

I have a spare GS splitter if someone needs it.

^Any pics of your set up DadBod?

I have a Radium AOS. It is already installed. So I hope I wouldn't have to reroute things in order for the intercooler to fit.

Saved some from when I swapped parts over from my sedan to the wagon. Hope these help!

2cff3ba07865836603841979d0374693.jpg

69fa4d8bf78b38fbe1241ebd6a3e1e84.jpg

e9828d02f52a38b6b3f6a0399045f26d.jpg

1740d31d94ff312b030a65bcf050125c.jpg

Saved some from when I swapped parts over from my sedan to the wagon. Hope these help!

2cff3ba07865836603841979d0374693.jpg

69fa4d8bf78b38fbe1241ebd6a3e1e84.jpg

e9828d02f52a38b6b3f6a0399045f26d.jpg

1740d31d94ff312b030a65bcf050125c.jpg

Thanks for all of these pictures. It gives a pretty good idea whether it'll fit. The Radium has at least one less hose compared to yours (one for both valve covers, one for the 'PCV-delete' location on intake hose, one for the block, and two small ones for coolant going to the throttle body instead of turbo). Location is about the same. I had to move the main harness a little. I think I will be OK then.