LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

When are you going to restore your headlights?

Shhhhh

Actually the passenger side is straight broken. There's a huge chunk missing out of the corner.

My current excuse though is that I need a lumen meter so I can compare before and after along with an (almost) new light and new and old bulbs. But I already had the plasti dip so that didn't cost me money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what he is alluding to is that his spray paint job is peeling off already.

Exactly. Looks chemical in nature. Probably from all the expressway construction I have to drive through to and from work.

That happened with the original paint too for me. Something with the base surface not allowing paint to stick.

453747.png

Shhhhh

Actually the passenger side is straight broken. There's a huge chunk missing out of the corner.

My current excuse though is that I need a lumen meter so I can compare before and after along with an (almost) new light and new and old bulbs. But I already had the plasti dip so that didn't cost me money.

Can always use the lumen meter on your phone. Just install the arduino app that lets you log your phone sensors. Granted, probably not the best, but you can finally get your lights done!

Arduino science journal

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Vacuumed down and charged AC. Everything went swimmingly. Datalogs sent from most recent revision to my tuner. Looking forward to multiple hiking/camping trips now that the weather is starting to cool down. Started drawing up plans to modify my roof rack so my Rockymounts Tomahawk bike rack fits inside it but is still removable.

You're right. I forgot. My bad.

Seems I also forgot to get a before pic.

This is shields flipped but not flattened.

50555931193_fa8afb661b.jpg20201031_070715

Headlight was just resting on radiator support and without outer cover. I did readjust the shield to eliminate the line above the cut off. Once headlights were fully assembled the orange peel from the clear coat diffused the crispness of the line.

Definitely like these more than the halogens. Sometime down the road I may pull them back apart and flatten them out. Overall I am happy. I especially like the level adjustment. I didn't really think about the difference that would make when loaded down. You just kind of deal with it you know?

The level adjustment is one of the biggest reasons I want them. Always thought that was such a good idea. Maybe one day. I'm sure they are better than doing a mini h1 swap but having to buy that whole front end. Eesh.

Tune is finished. Runs really well. Highly recommend Stephen Clark at iaTUNING. Most revisions back within 1 day. Super thorough. He was even nice enough to extend the time till my car was fixed after the wreck. I've just been driving and enjoying it.

I'll get back to the little bits next week.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't done a thing lately, just work work work.

Going to try to get some stuff done this weekend.

Sticky dash fix, Whiteline front strut tower brace, beatrush rear strut tower brace, trans fluid cocktail, and maybe roll the fenders in preparation for mounting the new wheels that have been sitting in my garage for weeks.

We will see.

Hey, i did a thing!

Changed both rear wheel bearings. They've only been noticably in need of change since february. Love my new cordless impact. And started with the passenger side, but seemed ok, but thankful when i pulled the drivers side and was quite noisy. Hopefully bought me another 5 years!PXL_20201216_222518651.thumb.jpg.f82458d102e1f758513c9b150bf22e5f.jpg

Flinkly what's the dumbbell for?

Just curious

I already had the other side torn down, and hadn't taken the wheel off. So i slid the dumbell under the front of the tire to undo the lugs. Could have used the handbrake, but figured this was less detrimental than a handbrake without a "drum".

I did put things together enough on the ither side to handbrake the "drums" to put the impact on the axle nut.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other...

Drove mine for a change. Stalled at two stop lights starting to accelerate... Time to poke around and see what's going on now. May be coming up time to do a TB change... Have some new hubs waiting in the wings since last year. Plus time to redo the steering pump. Also noticed my dash has cracked in the middle of the defrost bezel. TIme to start gather the parts for a dash refresh. Eeesh... New vent actuators.