LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Thanks for all of these pictures. It gives a pretty good idea whether it'll fit. The Radium has at least one less hose compared to yours (one for both valve covers, one for the 'PCV-delete' location on intake hose, one for the block, and two small ones for coolant going to the throttle body instead of turbo). Location is about the same. I had to move the main harness a little. I think I will be OK then.

It's hard to tell from these pics, but with the IAG kit the main engine harness gets relocated to the AOS bracket (which replaces the harness bracket.)

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready to put some bc's I got from norutah's part out legacy but having trouble finding a straight answer.

Will stock outback wheel size fit on a lowered wagon? Plan to setting them at max legacy ride height. I'm OK with rolling or pulling fenders if that's all that's needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering everything I see is outback wheels absolutely do not fit on an lgt and here's my massive ass 18x9 wheels slammed on coil overs with a fender roll, it's uhhh kinda confusing.

The shocks I have are bilstein HDs. I should have mentioned that I do have some spacers though. I think the rear are 1 or 1.5"? The front are .75 or 1" I believe. Still need to post a pic :spin:

This post shows a couple of pictures. Not very close but I think it helps a bit.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5990062&postcount=1159

Oh yea. Helps plenty. Also helps because I'd had thoughts of "what if it's too low in the winter?" And I hadn't thought to just slap some spacers in there. Way easier than trying to have a second set of suspension.

Nice! I'd though about doing that but hadn't bothered to look if it worked. How hard was it? The generation after you have to drop the airbags to do anything with those big ass rails.

It was easy, took a few hours. A couple of small flat blade screwdrivers, a panel tool, a phillips and a 10mm. I have a used set of legacy rails if you need them. I picked them up for $35 at the wrecking yard. I was going to install them but with fresh paint I opted for new ones.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

I'll have to wait on doing the change over as I'd need to get new bars for my roof box and that all adds up to a lot of money that could go elsewhere at the moment.

If I didn't have the $800 roof box sitting here I'd jump on it.

I am surprised the dealers still sell these kind of parts for our gen cars. That's great.

norutah, make sure these bikes never fall on your cars! :spin:

The biggest one I saw while working in bike shops or body shops was people pulling into the garage with the bike on the roof.

I am surprised the dealers still sell these kind of parts for our gen cars. That's great.

norutah, make sure these bikes never fall on your cars! :spin:

I was surprised too! I really expected them to arrive without the foam seals but it was everything needed.

And yeah, I've thought about relocating the bikes

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk