LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Ordered several months ago, finally arrived. Been pining after this product for 4+ years, beyond over the moon to finally own it. Kakimoto Intake Chamber BIC336 for 3.6R. First one in the US to my knowledge, one of the only 3.6R specific power mods out there from a Japanese tuning company.

I am legitimately so excited about this thing that I took a picture of literally every step of unboxing it, you're all coming along for the ride with me lmao. This is also the first really big ticket item that I've bought brand new from a Japanese tuning company. They really are artist when it comes to packaging. Everything about the packing and presentation is immaculate, I swear to god I'm saving every single piece of packaging from this lmao. Even to the point that the instruction packet was taped in such away that when you opened the box flap, it pulled up like a pop-up book. Can't wait to get this installed.

iDdSTDq.jpg

Y5bNlF8.jpg

l0FdcMa.jpg

T2KxAXH.jpg

4xhi7PG.jpg

uZVttbq.jpg

MjuvoE7.jpg

3ozidR2.jpg

tIbxPS4.jpg

89m3BEC.jpg

FIs54ho.jpg

83VwheF.jpg

PYVkLLx.jpg

qgagsPK.jpg

JMgl4Qs.jpg

wZYwXFB.jpg

2MeSMFO.jpg

5xWZnAt.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

Ordered several months ago, finally arrived. Kakimoto Intake Chamber BIC336 for 3.6R. First one in the US to my knowledge, one of the only 3.6R specific power mods out there for 3.6R.

You will definitely be the 3.6 with the most and the most beautiful welds in the US if you aren’t already. This and the exhaust are both museum quality works of art in my humble opinion

Bought lots of stuff but I can’t photograph what’s not here. This finally arrived.

fhj0Ppt.jpg

Edited by tony saurus
Trying not to double post

• 1 month later...
You will definitely be the 3.6 with the most and the most beautiful welds in the US if you aren’t already. This and the exhaust are both museum quality works of art in my humble opinion

Bought lots of stuff but I can’t photograph what’s not here. This finally arrived.

fhj0Ppt.jpg

Curious how this sits in our dash

Curious how this sits in our dash

d6fa9e9d1ab200aa0fe520938bc071ee.jpg

I think it sits quite nicely. There is a YouTube video where someone installed it lower on a legacy as well.

http://

Hopefully that doesn’t break any rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really curious where you were able to find one of these currently.

I saw it on eBay and coincidentally, the guy is a local so I am picking it up next week. I assume he didn’t install it because his project lost steam and he went 2.5t

I think it sits quite nicely. There is a YouTube video where someone installed it lower on a legacy as well.

You may have mentioned this in a previous post, but what wheel is that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may have mentioned this in a previous post, but what wheel is that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s the damd wheel. I personally love it. Of course it literally changes steering / interior feel but it also doesn’t look over-sporty. It was pricey but I’d buy it again if I had to.

This came in the mail today so I figured that I would avoid a double post. [emoji16]

cd402067434d82577902a2cce13785f1.jpg

That’s the damd wheel. I personally love it. Of course it literally changes steering / interior feel but it also doesn’t look over-sporty. It was pricey but I’d buy it again if I had to.

This came in the mail today so I figured that I would avoid a double post. [emoji16]

cd402067434d82577902a2cce13785f1.jpg

That’s the wheel these cars should have come with. Mine is slick from 10 years of use. Was thinking of a cover or different wheel. The cover is more likely to get the wife’s approval though. [emoji1]

That’s the wheel these cars should have come with. Mine is slick from 10 years of use. Was thinking of a cover or different wheel. The cover is more likely to get the wife’s approval though. [emoji1]

I am certain you can buy a “sew on” cover to fit these wheels that takes more patience and steady hands than $$ I just wanted the smaller diameter in addition to the better materials.

Not sure how I missed this but lower as in where the new pocket is?

Not sure how I missed this but lower as in where the new pocket is?

You can see in the video how they adjusted the screen. The unit is highly adjustable but I the only thing it covers from my vantage is the factory clock which I haven’t been setting. I disconnect the battery when I am doing fab work on exhaust components so I don’t bother to say it now.

I believe the screen has 6 height settings, mine is second highest, and can be made to be even farther up or much farther down and tilt slightly. I love the way it works so far. It’s fast and easy to read and the sound is much much better. I will probably need to have my laptop in the car as well soon so I don’t need it for engine/ power sensor display. When tuning is closer to completion, I will probably get a datalink assuming it is compatible with my hardware/ software

Paid the maintenance bill (ouch) to get Blizzard back on the road after a couple years. Still more work to be done.

This is next week for me. Having some intrusive (necessary) repairs done while I am in the middle of a move. It sucks but the alternative is worse to me.

The weekend got a little pricey...

- A new Jack and Stands

- Moog outer tie rods

- Duralast Gold CV Axles

- Socket set with the 32mm for the axle nut

- Work bench vise to clamp rusty a** parts that need torqued lol

These were 5 separate trips, naturally :spin: TSC, Advanced Auto, AutoZone, Home Depot, and Lowes, respectively :lol:

Since prices for them increase today due to material shortages and supply chain issues, on Friday, I pounced on a set of Fortune 500 coilovers for my 5th gen. Got the Swift Spring upgrade, "Dewey-valved" (local suspension guru custom order setting), and 10k/9k spring rates. I know that seems awful aggressive, but with me having a daily now, my 5th gen can afford to go a little further into track slut territory, and in Dewey's exact words, "I want this bitch to rotate". Also getting them shipped to a friend in Wisconsin to avoid some tax, so ended up right at $1499 for the set. As of today July 12th, Fortune is increasing their prices by $300, and I've been planning on coilovers for a long time, so I had to get in before the increase.

Also recently landed something kind of monumental: a set of full LED sedan tails from yahoo.jp auctions. Various designs of LED tails for sedans have finally started popping up on the auctions, and I bid on this set not-expecting to win it and landed it shockingly inexpensively, far FAR below the typical domestic quotes of around $1000-$1500 for something similar made in the states. This design wasn't my first choice, but it was in my top 3, so I'm still very happy with them for the price I paid.

pFpP5pl.png

aTt5JfW.png

Edited by Humble Rumble

I bought them before; however, I just picked them up from the post today. They will probably be temporary until I can build a set of manifolds. They need some cleanup to be a viable set of NA headers but overall I’m pleased.

264942de50dc7ccdca3265fa5d12185b.jpg

since prices for them increase today due to material shortages and supply chain issues, on friday, i pounced on a set of fortune 500 coilovers for my 5th gen. Got the swift spring upgrade, "dewey-valved" (local suspension guru custom order setting), and 10k/9k spring rates. I know that seems awful aggressive, but with me having a daily now, my 5th gen can afford to go a little further into track slut territory, and in dewey's exact words, "i want this bitch to rotate". Also getting them shipped to a friend in wisconsin to avoid some tax, so ended up right at $1499 for the set. As of today july 12th, fortune is increasing their prices by $300, and i've been planning on coilovers for a long time, so i had to get in before the increase.

Also recently landed something kind of monumental: A set of full led sedan tails from yahoo.jp auctions. Various designs of led tails for sedans have finally started popping up on the auctions, and i bid on this set not-expecting to win it and landed it shockingly inexpensively, far far below the typical domestic quotes of around $1000-$1500 for something similar made in the states. This design wasn't my first choice, but it was in my top 3, so i'm still very happy with them for the price i paid.

pfpp5pl.png

att5jfw.png

beat ya to it :)

ca.thumb.jpg.35d24a6fc204881b7980edf940128540.jpg

Bought another friend for the driveway. Should've built my original 91 all along and not the 5thgen. Owell...

Nothing crazy on it. Hard to believe the body has 360k on it. Has a OEM+ built ej257 block to be installed. So the engine bay is bare bones currently.

I need heads for it and all supporting accessories. Probably go vf47 and 205heads. 7690fe98498b198db9c2c7bfea5ddbc2.jpgae4f2f1e05f1e5c2afce6ee3686a6b53.jpg0647efbee3ec168c3e52673d0767c440.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

On the topic of buying other gen Legacy's, I've been pretty quiet about it, but my 3.6R developed knock after my last track day in May. Only at 122k miles too, so it's been down for the last two months, which is why there hasn't been any updates regarding the Inferno Headers or Kakimoto Intake. That said, I found a 45k long block that I purchased, awaiting my shop to have a free Sunday to do the swap. Also, since I'm already going into debt for the swap, figured I might as well make it as good as I can short of a full build. I'm having them put it in with Kein hardened engine mounts, 19-row Setrab oil cooler, and 16-row Setrab trans cooler, since they are dealers for both brands. Also, once the swap is done, going to pull off the old oil pan and have them develop a baffled setup for it for track use safety.

And in the meantime, I picked up this cute lil dude. 2004 Legacy 25th Anniv Edition, bought at auction for $1650. Purchased with 125k miles on the clock, clean carfax, head gasket replaced under warranty by previous owner, all interior electronics working properly, nicely spec'd, even has Alpine head unit and spare tire. Body has some cosmetic rust that I'm not concerned about for a daily driver, and other than that, drives fantastically. Been having a lot of fun throwing around a lighter car than the 5th gen too. Really, really happy with my purchase, have some fun small changes coming for it to because I can't leave well enough alone lmao. :lol: So far, all I've done is change out the super hazed factory housings for some DNA Motoring clear sidemarker housings, along with LED lights in the full front end. Love the look refresh and the light output is much, much better.

jjOaIk7.jpg

s2CEFnv.jpg

iaCCmx2.jpg

UUNtuMa.jpg

u1KkdTY.jpg

xmJqqGP.jpg