LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Really coming up in the way of cool parts this year. Just landed a set of carbon Ganador Aero Super Mirrors with LED blinker. There is less than 5 sets of sets of Ganadors in circulation for 5th gen Legacy, and the entire line of Ganador Super Mirrors have been discontinued, so I'm over the moon to have landed a set. And before anyone says anything, yes I'm aware Ganadors have bad visibility, but recently Prova started producing Ganador-specific convex mirror glass similar to what they make for other Subarus, which will drastically increase the visibility of these. Also, these just scream to the 00's tuner sensibilities that I've tried to keep up with modifying my car.

One extra point is that they will make the installation simpler compared to the JDM mirrors, as only the blinker will need to be wired and auto-fold/heating/etc isn't something I need to worry about.

UevAwdX.png

tSdkGo6.png

6ueIhwl.png

(2) tires Conti DWS 06 bought them yesterday and now it just arrived to the shop. I'm sitting up to reserve the wheel alignment machine (Hunter HawkEye Elite). I need my friend to show me how to use it.

(2) tires Conti DWS 06 bought them yesterday and now it just arrived to the shop. I'm sitting up to reserve the wheel alignment machine (Hunter HawkEye Elite). I need my friend to show me how to use it.

I'd love to have all those toys at my disposal! But on second thought, watching my tech fiddle with alignment to get it just as I like it it, it's probably worth the $50 an alignment costs here lol.

I'm curious about getting to the point of needing 2 new tires on our cars. When I damaged a tire and needed to replace it, I looked up allowable diameter difference. Looks like Subaru has one of the lowest allowable diameter difference specs for AWD vehicles at around 3/32 tread depth. My manual recommends rotations every 7,500 miles. I ended up replacing all four tires (ugh).

If I think about it I never did a wheel alignment on the Subaru. I notice the rear tires were wearing quicker on the inner part of the wheel. At this point the tires must be replace and wheel alignment is needed.

I'm curious about getting to the point of needing 2 new tires on our cars. When I damaged a tire and needed to replace it, I looked up allowable diameter difference. Looks like Subaru has one of the lowest allowable diameter difference specs for AWD vehicles at around 3/32 tread depth.

The specification is 1/4 of circumference. This calculates out to be 1.3 of a 32nd.

If I think about it I never did a wheel alignment on the Subaru. I notice the rear tires were wearing quicker on the inner part of the wheel. At this point the tires must be replace and wheel alignment is needed.

I am guessing the other tires aren't almost new. Unless you are getting the new tires shaved to matched your current tires, you need to replace all 4 tires. You will be replacing your AWD in driving around tires with different tread depths greater than 2/32.

Really coming up in the way of cool parts this year. Just landed a set of carbon Ganador Aero Super Mirrors with LED blinker. There is less than 5 sets of sets of Ganadors in circulation for 5th gen Legacy, and the entire line of Ganador Super Mirrors have been discontinued, so I'm over the moon to have landed a set. And before anyone says anything, yes I'm aware Ganadors have bad visibility, but recently Prova started producing Ganador-specific convex mirror glass similar to what they make for other Subarus, which will drastically increase the visibility of these. Also, these just scream to the 00's tuner sensibilities that I've tried to keep up with modifying my car.

One extra point is that they will make the installation simpler compared to the JDM mirrors, as only the blinker will need to be wired and auto-fold/heating/etc isn't something I need to worry about.

WOW!! Lucky! That means 2 or 3 of the 5 Ganador mirrors are now in US? Kind of biting myself for not getting a set, but JDM mirror will work for now.

WOW!! Lucky! That means 2 or 3 of the 5 Ganador mirrors are now in US? Kind of biting myself for not getting a set, but JDM mirror will work for now.

To my knowledge, this will be the second set in the states, the first being Stephen’s (formerly Kevin’s), and mine is the only carbon set. Super excited for them, especially the easier install lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a *VERY* long wait (one week short of 5 months) my Inferno Fab 3.6R Full Headers have finally arrived, and I must say, any and all annoyance/frustration I've had with the length of time for delivery, or the occasional difficulty in getting ahold of Inferno for updates went fully out the window when I laid eyes and hands on these things. The workmanship is immaculate, full V-band connectors, high-flow cats included already. Should be good to just bolt straight up, re-tune, and go.

https://infernofab.com/01-04-subaru-legacy-3-0-header-1.html (don't let the URL fool you, that is a link to the 10-14 3.6R headers. I think he just cloned the page from his 3rd gen 3.0 header listing and never changed the URL, hence the -1.html)

This setup is $1297, with $55 flat shipping. I took advantage of Inferno's 15% off Black Friday sale (to give you an idea of how long ago I purchased them) and paid $1157.45 shipped. Considering the amount of fab work, effort, and expense this setup saves compared to going with Raptors and having to source, purchase, and fab up the cats and connectors and such, even at full price this is a fantastic option for the 3.6R. The long wait times are the only drawback as Steven with Inferno fab does headers as a side-gig and does have a full time job. However, that's exactly congruent with all his reviews on his Facebook page as well: excellent fitment, spectacular workmanship, and long wait times. I'm definitely going to be arranging for a dyno test before and after installation so that I can get a proper comparison.

ypaf286.jpg

gpgQk53.jpg

32HhMT0.jpg

V2HpwTd.jpg

69j1wwX.jpg

BmZEENE.jpg

May not be fancy as you all, but I found v-limited front lips are back in stock on eBay after a flipping year so I bought one...anyone else in the market for one I'd snatch one up while you can...dunno how many more they'll make given the "popularity" of this chassis as a tuning platform...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/V-Limited-Front-Bumper-Lip-Spoiler-PU-Fit-For-10-11-12-Subaru-Legacy-Sedan-4Dr-/321904698227?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Edit: okay so I went fancy today. Ordered the lip, a new set of special appearance package headlights and a set of yellow fog lights. Front end Friday on a Thursday apparently...can't wait to get all this stuff in in the coming weeks and get it installed...

Edited by creep_nu

That lip, as subtle as it is, completely transforms the front end of the USDM model, especially if you color match it. SAP/Facelift headlights and yellow fogs are make your car look completely brand new again, I have essentially all the same stuff on my front end. You'll be very happy with it, and none of those things are difficult to install.

May not be fancy as you all, but I found v-limited front lips are back in stock on eBay after a flipping year so I bought one...anyone else in the market for one I'd snatch one up while you can...dunno how many more they'll make given the "popularity" of this chassis as a tuning platform...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/V-Limited-Front-Bumper-Lip-Spoiler-PU-Fit-For-10-11-12-Subaru-Legacy-Sedan-4Dr-/321904698227?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Edit: okay so I went fancy today. Ordered the lip, a new set of special appearance package headlights and a set of yellow fog lights. Front end Friday on a Thursday apparently...can't wait to get all this stuff in in the coming weeks and get it installed...

What headlights did you end up going with? When do the pics get posted?:)

hope you didnt pay any extra for "special appearance" headlights...literally ever 13/14 legacy has these lights. Nothing "special" about them

That lip, as subtle as it is, completely transforms the front end of the USDM model, especially if you color match it. SAP/Facelift headlights and yellow fogs are make your car look completely brand new again, I have essentially all the same stuff on my front end. You'll be very happy with it, and none of those things are difficult to install.

yeah, i took a smidge of inspiration with your car haha, i'm stoked. my whole front end needs paint, which i'll be doing later, so it's going on black right now but may be painted, may not, we'll see. i've got some graphite wheels i've been meaning to get tires for a put on, i think the black will play off them nicely, but...who knows.

What headlights did you end up going with? When do the pics get posted?:)

these are what i went with.

install is going to be...beginning of june...ish?

hope you didnt pay any extra for "special appearance" headlights...literally ever 13/14 legacy has these lights. Nothing "special" about them

oh fair, i guess the only 13+ i see with any regularity is an outback that has chromies, thought all of them did. nope, no extra, just the OE replacement style rather than the cheapo all black ones you can get.

Edited by creep_nu

^You did good with those. As long as you didn't pay Subaru $650 PER LIGHT for the "Special Appearance" lights, you're good. Those are essentially what I run, and as Kevin said, 100% identical to the lights that come on every 13-14 Legacy.

Yeah I looked at the OE ones for a second and then was immediately like **** that. These will be better than my yellowed and partially melted stockers for sure, so I'm not worried about it.