LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

You looking for like the two directly above the axlebacks? I took mine off because they were cause horrible rattle, and the Nameless pipes are so much smaller than the OEM can, so they already have ample room to dissipate heat.

You looking for like the two directly above the axlebacks? I took mine off because they were cause horrible rattle, and the Nameless pipes are so much smaller than the OEM can, so they already have ample room to dissipate heat.

I am looking for the ones that mount on the rear bumper!

Edited by monstorr

They came on the car factory as far as I'm aware. I usually like to keep as much of my OEM equipment as I can, but I just went digging and found the OEM part numbers for them for you.

59024AJ02B - Left

59024AJ03B - Right

010008167 - Flange bolt (need Qty 8)

Here's the Subaru parts page, I'm sure you can find these cheaper by googling the part numbers --> https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2011_Legacy-GT-Limited-Sedan-25L-TURBO-6MT-4WD/_51505_6030522/UNDER-COVER--EXHAUST-COVER-EXHAUST--MUFFLER-COVER/B14-572-05.html

B14_57201104.png

Oh I thought you mean the factory exhaust headshields. Nothing like what you posted exists for our car to my knowledge. You'd have to get something made for another model and modify it to make it work. That's pretty much a 4th gen or STI type thing.

Oh I thought you mean the factory exhaust headshields. Nothing like what you posted exists for our car to my knowledge. You'd have to get something made for another model and modify it to make it work. That's pretty much a 4th gen or STI type thing.

Yeah I was hoping someone had done it so I could buy one =p. When I got the car dyno'd a little while ago the squat was too real and melted the bumper a bit. I will just buy a new bumper and get it repainted :spin::spin:

Not sure what you're exhaust setup is, but I always recommend people to Nameless Performance's urethane exhaust hangers bushings. They do a fantastic job of holding the exhaust super steady and make it really easy to adjust the fitment of the axlebacks, so you can pull them away from the bumper surface a little bit if necessary. They're $12/each, but the more you buy, the less each is, so you can get all 5 needed for our cars (2 on each axleback, 1 on midpipe) for $45 I believe. https://shop.namelessperformance.com/exhaust-hanger-bushings/

Yeah I was hoping someone had done it so I could buy one =p. When I got the car dyno'd a little while ago the squat was too real and melted the bumper a bit. I will just buy a new bumper and get it repainted :spin::spin:
It's not the squat that melted your bumper it was your exhaust tips that are too close in the first place. I've always been told 1/2 minimum clearance to bumpers and make sure that poly hangers keep them firmly in place.

I have a little more than 1/2" clearance so I know thats not it. I will try the new hangers when I get the bumper repainted. Im almost sure its because the car was strapped on the dyno and therefore sat lower than it should. Then from there, the squat and the tip just touched.

But the suspension being compressed would bring the rear closer to the mufflers which brings me back to the squat thought. I wish I just stood behind the car. I would atleast have the ability to justify spend the 400 bucks to buy a bumper. and get it painted. Maybe Ill just upgrade to something jdm...hmm

Strapping the car down would bring the mufflers closer to the ground (or dyno, or whatever), but the mufflers shouldn't move at all relative to the bumper cutouts. They'll move a little over bumps, but that's just because they're mounted on rubber hangers.

An A-hole coworker door dinged my Legacy GT rear driver-side door last week.

It really upset me so I left in it the garage since and didn't want to look at it. I pull it out today and buff out out the scratches which helps a little, but its still very noticeable if I catch it in the right light. I looks like I will be doing PDR on it.

An A-hole coworker door dinged my Legacy GT rear driver-side door last week.

It really upset me so I left in it the garage since and didn't want to look at it. I pull it out today and buff out out the scratches which helps a little, but its still very noticeable if I catch it in the right light. I looks like I will be doing PDR on it.

Ugh. That sucks.

I'm still pissed myself at the new stone chips I got after a long trip. Got one in the door from the other lane. :mad:

And never fails, when I use a beater...no chips. :rolleyes:

I got an email from Amazon stating "Sorry, your package was lost in transit". I forgot all about it and I'm surprise my wife did not say anything. It was the OEM cargo net for the Legacy. Suppose to be deliver November 4. I may just cancel the order and re-order it somewhere else.

Ugh. That sucks.

I'm still pissed myself at the new stone chips I got after a long trip. Got one in the door from the other lane. :mad:

And never fails, when I use a beater...no chips. :rolleyes:

It's quite possible you just don't care to find the paint chips on a beater, or you can't discern them from the previous chips. Lol, my car was purchased with big damage and a few chips in the paint, it's made to drive not show. So life goes on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's quite possible you just don't care to find the paint chips on a beater, or you can't discern them from the previous chips. Lol, my car was purchased with big damage and a few chips in the paint, it's made to drive not show. So life goes on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wish. The beater is an SUV I've had since new and I'm familiar with all its dings. :)

Of all my cars the Legacy is the one that seems to attract stones. Yeah I drive em but its annoying that one gets more than its fair share lol.

I am very careful with the GT. Park away from everyone else, stay away from dumptrucks, ect. Have not gotten a door ding yet. The Crosstrek got a door ding like 1 week after we leased it. Thankfully it has the door strips, or else it would have a lot more dings.

You would think after more than 100 years of cars on the road, someone would figure out how to stop door dings for good.

I am very careful with the GT. Park away from everyone else, stay away from dumptrucks, ect. Have not gotten a door ding yet. The Crosstrek got a door ding like 1 week after we leased it. Thankfully it has the door strips, or else it would have a lot more dings.

You would think after more than 100 years of cars on the road, someone would figure out how to stop door dings for good.

I am usually anal on how I park. I normally park away from every one on end spots or next to other car guys. That day I had an appointment and had come back at the end of the day to run in to turn off my computer and gather my stuff. I parked my car so the truck that dinged my door would have to had opened their vehicle door all the way in order to contact my door...obviously that was a mistake.

IMG_2834.thumb.JPG.67c3fca7ae94afa798d628129d6368fd.JPG

I am usually anal on how I park. I normally park away from every one on end spots or next to other car guys. That day I had an appointment and had come back at the end of the day to run in to turn off my computer and gather my stuff. I parked my car so the truck that dinged my door would have to had opened their vehicle door all the way in order to contact my door...obviously that was a mistake.

Ouch.

Yeah I am the same way, I prefer parallel slots so I dont have any cars beside me. If not, I look for slots at the end of a row or beside/between columns. Anything to get some distance from other cars.

Hope the PDR makes it better.

I'm looking for a good descent steamer that is electric power (that I don't need to boil the water) that not expensive only be using it one time only any recommendation? I need to remove the back windshield 12 year old 3M tint without ripping out the rear defrost heating element grids (I need to repair 6 breaks).