LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Monday I had my first ever MLK day off. Changed jobs at the beginning of the year and now working in the public sector....with a pension and lots of other perks. No more private sector for me.

We also get MLK day off at my company. We have as many holidays as banks (my wife works at one:)). We also get presidents day and good friday.

We're making our trip to revworks in the morning. I'm currently looking for a boost leak. Before the manifold drop boost gauge sat at a pretty solid -21, now it's -20 with random minor dips to -18.

And I'm changing these plugs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We're making our trip to revworks in the morning. I'm currently looking for a boost leak. Before the manifold drop boost gauge sat at a pretty solid -21, now it's -20 with random minor dips to -18.

And I'm changing these plugs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dang I'm off tomorrow! Wish I would have known. Me and my daughter are planting trees at a park in the AM. Good luck with the tune!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Most likely, but UPS like every other carrier can have accidents. Ask me how I know :lol:

I shipped a knuckle assembly to a forester forum member once, for the cost of shipping since I didn't need it. I duct taped the box, added cardboard inside for support, put it in a bigger box and taped it all up with way too much packaging tape. I ship it off for like 25 dollars to New York, well it never arrives, so I wait 3 days then go up to the PO and they show it made it to their hub in NY and then it got "lost". How anyone loses a 25lb box that size is just a mystery, but it happens.

I shipped a knuckle assembly to a forester forum member once, for the cost of shipping since I didn't need it. I duct taped the box, added cardboard inside for support, put it in a bigger box and taped it all up with way too much packaging tape. I ship it off for like 25 dollars to New York, well it never arrives, so I wait 3 days then go up to the PO and they show it made it to their hub in NY and then it got "lost". How anyone loses a 25lb box that size is just a mystery, but it happens.

We make railroad signal parts, and sometimes they get lost in shipping also.

Saw my baby kicked on the ultrasound in mommy stomach. Thought it was to early but my wife think it’s going to be one hyper child. I said it’s all the coffee you been drinking.

In other news my kitchen Is now demo and I’m now furlough from the government. I been off now for almost 2 weeks now. Oh well it happen.

Spotted a nice looking 5th Gen in town, wonder if he's on here. Think it was a 3.6R but not sure, even with his modified exhaust I couldn't hear it over my truck's straight pipe . Good looking car though, seemed to have some good options, SAT radio, leather, sunroof.

Please ignore my hood, the teenager that owned my truck previously is who did the spray bomb job, not me haha.

Edit: not sure why the attachment is sideways, not sure how to fix it

20180120_150807.thumb.jpg.8206124cf5783dd50d26e748ade19e63.jpg

Edited by Boise2.5i

Boo.

Haven't been on here is a while. The new job is keeping me busy and been sicker than hell for weeks. First strep throat, then sinus infection, then influenza, then took a bad asthma attack, hospitalized twice, and been staying oxygenated by way of various oral and inhaled steroids and bronchodilators...

Hope you all are well. Got to be better than me!

In other news...just pre-ordered a Genesis G70 3.3T Sport. We'll see.

Boo.

Haven't been on here is a while. The new job is keeping me busy and been sicker than hell for weeks. First strep throat, then sinus infection, then influenza, then took a bad asthma attack, hospitalized twice, and been staying oxygenated by way of various oral and inhaled steroids and bronchodilators...

Hope you all are well. Got to be better than me!

In other news...just pre-ordered a Genesis G70 3.3T Sport. We'll see.

Glad you're feeling better, we missed you! Can't wait to hear about the new ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have noticed that fuel economy of my GT does not seem to vary to temperature nearly as much as my 2.5i. Maybe its the Cobb AP, but my GT seems to lose only about 1mpg due the winter. My 2.5i lost 3mpg in the winter and on really cold days it would noticeably lose a couple more mpg. I would estimate on the really cold days my GT fuel economy matches my 2.5i.

It could be my Nokian snow tires have less lolling resistance to than my GT Continental summer tires, both are the same stock size 225/45-18. I also ran Nokian snow on my 2.5i and also ran summer tires (Dunlop's).