LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I'm gonna try to get myself to put together an actual build thread sometime this evening.

Guess what didn't happen. :lol: I ended up doing P90X when I got home from work, and like 20 minutes after finishing, I found out one of my buddies from Detroit is in town for work for the week, and was at a nearby arcade playing DDR all night (we're both 15+ year veterans of the game, and honestly I could do with getting back into it for my health). So I went and played with him till like midnight lmao. Haven't played in probably 6 months and am super rusty, but it was still a good solid 3 hours of cardio, and I could feel the rust shaking off towards the end. So all in all, I guess I could've done worse with my night. Needless to say though, I am *exhausted* today haha.

Edited by Humble Rumble

Odd question, does anyone know someone who has installed the front sway bar? I am hearing a clunk at low speeds on uneven roads and I think it might be my sway bar moving back and forth because the locks are not in place but I want to get other ideas as well.

Odd question, does anyone know someone who has installed the front sway bar? I am hearing a clunk at low speeds on uneven roads and I think it might be my sway bar moving back and forth because the locks are not in place but I want to get other ideas as well.

I had mine swapped to the 13-14 Legacy sway bar while my engine was out. No noise on mine. I had the end links replaced with new moog ones and the bushings are just new 26mm oem bushings from Subaru

Can't wait to try and work on one of those. What a nightmare.
Yeah to swap out that thing that looks like a lower cam shaft because it snapped due to stress and the 12 bearing surfaces that go along with it and the crank looking thing in the middle.

I do give them credit its an amazing idea to have variable compression ratios but the design just seems flawed. I could be wrong and this thing could be the next 45mpg turbo with a fun side I guess we wait and see.

[rant post]

It looks overall very bland and boring, and a lot like many other large SUVs. I'm really disappointed with the styling direction Subaru is going. They've seemingly lost all of their uniqueness and fully completed the transition to blending into the background with every other boring manufacturer. Pretty much everything they make now besides the STI looks like "just another car" or "just another SUV" to me, and the STI is just such a comfortable formula to them at this point, that even that has started to bland. All of their models used to have performance variants of them, now only one does, and they've taken the word "Sport" to mean a spoiler add-on and +1" wheels without changing the power output. And I can't even really blame Subaru for it entirely. Most of the blame should be put on America's boring car choices and pandering to the grey masses.

I mean hell, the 2018 Legacy facelift is almost a carbon copy of a 2017 Hyundai Sonata. You could swap the badges and fool me easily.

Ll1pjK5.png

GQzUga1.png

NCw7SEN.png

OWrKGfK.png

In Subaru's defense of it looking like a Hyundai Sonata, both of the current generations were release in 2015, so it is a coincidence they look so similar. I think they may have both been unveiled at the same car show (even if it wasn't the design work would been done at the same time)

It's not a coincidence many cars look similar, they all have to flow through the same air and seat the the same sizes of people. There is only so much variation you can have and still cater to what people want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk