LegacyGT.com

Subaru Viziv-7

nemo

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mmh. not very pretty....

I still don't get why they put all these stickers on the car. It's like screaming 'look at me'! Not really blending in the crowd if that is the plan...

I think that's the point - and to take away attention from the small cosmetic details.

But it looks like it will have a pretty crappy ground clearance.

453747.png

But it looks like it will have a pretty crappy ground clearance.

Clearance should be about same as current Outback, Ascent looks lower due to scale.

CVT is fine, current ones are pretty good, and it will help fuel economy.

Engine remains a mystery though. If they slap small turbo engine in it I think it will have a pretty hard work moving this behemoth around.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

If the Forester hit the gym 2-3 times a week, only working on it's upper body - for that fresh out of prison look - and washed every meal down with Weightgainer2000, you'd have the look of Subaru's new SUV.

The face lifted Tribeca was a lot better looking. At least a lot more proportional.

If the Forester hit the gym 2-3 times a week, only working on it's upper body - for that fresh out of prison look - and washed every meal down with Weightgainer2000, you'd have the look of Subaru's new SUV.

Very VERY well said.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/srcstc.gif

Subaru has mentioned a 2018 model 7 seater model for fall 2017. I think the New York Autoshow in mid April is the last major auto show this spring. The Ascent could be debuted at New York. NY show is already looking busy as the Outback refresh and 2018 Crosstrek on the new platform are already schedule to be released.

I talked to the Subaru rep (model) at the car show last week. She said the Ascent would be a 2019 model, but come out in late 2017 (Nov/Dec). I thought great, she might know her stuff. :) Then she kept talking. She said the 4 cyclinder wouldn't be powerful enough for a vehicle this size and the only option they are considering was a turbo 6.:spin: Also, the name will definitely change from Ascent to something else.

that's not the real car, is it? Looks like the concept car to me.

Edit 1: I guess that is it then. 2.4 Turbo!!

Edit 2: well, it still says 'concept'. So I am not sure the final version will look like that. But please, tell me I am wrong.

Is the Ascent basically a new name for the VIZIV? I can't quite figure this out. It seems smaller, but then it seems strange that Subaru would have TWO very different concept SUV's going at the same time...

And I know that SIA has made lane 3 for the Imprezza (as the Camry rolled down it for years) but I wonder where in Lafayette they are planning to build this new SUV? Is this part of the plant expansion on their property?

Subaru has been floating 2 concept SUV's because 1 is the Ascent and the other is the next-gen Forester.

The Lafayette plant has had a lot of unused space ever since Isuzu left the U.S., Subaru has never used 100% of the space available. The new Impreza took some of the space, mostly the space the Camry was using, the Ascent will take some more. Subaru is also building an engine assembly factory in Lafayette, not sure which engines will be built there.

Archived