LegacyGT.com

Subaru Viziv-7

nemo

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest thing I've heard about engines is the next two that will be replaced will be the EJ257 (STI) and the EZ36D. The EZ36D will likely get replaced first and it's replacement will power the new 7 passenger (Spring 2018) and the new Legacy/Outback 6-cylinder models (Winter 2018).

No info on spec's but the new 7 passenger is said to have a 5,000lb towing capacity so it's engine should be stout.

I would guess both will be direct injected, I would bet the STI will get a worked 2.0 and the 6 cylinder will be a 3.0 or 3.3

• 2 weeks later...
so still no word on the engine?

4 cyl, probably turbo. No info on displacement. Interesting info on 2.4. Wonder whats different from good'al EJ? is it FA? or FB? DI I'd like to think.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Hopefully it's port and direct injected for clean valves, much larger oil sump, has oil temp sensors for oil temp based boost and throttle control, front mount IC, and has the MAF/intake-temp sensor after the intercooler.

It'll have to run on regular fuel, too.

Hopefully it's port and direct injected for clean valves, much larger oil sump, has oil temp sensors for oil temp based boost and throttle control, front mount IC, and has the MAF/intake-temp sensor after the intercooler.

It'll have to run on regular fuel, too.

Latest thing I've heard about engines is the next two that will be replaced will be the EJ257 (STI) and the EZ36D.

You'll see the FA/FB/whatever in a race/motorsport application before you see it in a new STi. Subaru doesn't have a huge motorsport program, but they take grassroots motorsports pretty seriously -- it's what keeps people buying the STi. It's very unlikely that they are going to put an unproved motor with a new design and new parts out there before running it thoroughly in different rally/global rallyx classes, GT300, 24hr of Nurburgring, etc.

They run the FA20F in the Levorg with 300hp, but I suspect that many of those customers aren't as aggressive drivers as the STi users are. So any faults would be less frequent.

Any year now I'll suspect the STi will be using an FA engine. Possibly based on the 2.4 liter that we see rumors about here from time to time, but it can as well be a 2.0 engine.

453747.png

They run the FA20F in the Levorg with 300hp, but I suspect that many of those customers aren't as aggressive drivers as the STi users are. So any faults would be less frequent.

Any year now I'll suspect the STi will be using an FA engine. Possibly based on the 2.4 liter that we see rumors about here from time to time, but it can as well be a 2.0 engine.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...
Has this been pushed back to 2019? I haven't heard anymore updates.

Subaru has mentioned a 2018 model 7 seater model for fall 2017. I think the New York Autoshow in mid April is the last major auto show this spring. The Ascent could be debuted at New York. NY show is already looking busy as the Outback refresh and 2018 Crosstrek on the new platform are already schedule to be released.

Archived