LegacyGT.com

Subaru Viziv-7

nemo

Even the cheapest of auto makers is not going to pull a v6 out of a 2 door coupe and put it in a 5k lb SUV unchanged. And peak torque/horsepower doesn't even begin to acct for the actual area under the curve, which is where the H series of engines excels.

Right, but at the same time, I would anticipate that whatever mill the Ascent receives, it will likely be right in the same ballpark of power and fuel economy for other similar vehicles (CX-9, Pilot, Edge, Atlas ... etc.), maybe slightly lower fuel economy due to full time AWD compared to some of those which are primarily 2WD most of the time.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, but at the same time, I would anticipate that whatever mill the Ascent receives, it will likely be right in the same ballpark of power and fuel economy for other similar vehicles (CX-9, Pilot, Edge, Atlas ... etc.), maybe slightly lower fuel economy due to full time AWD compared to some of those which are primarily 2WD most of the time.

That is exactly what I have been pointing out he whole time...some people seem to believe though, the ascent needs to be in wrx levels of acceleration and handling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

^ Agreed. You're one of the few realists here.

Just because Mercedes and BMW offer AMG or M variants of their SUV's doesn't mean Subaru needs to do the same to be competitive with the likes of Mazda and Volkswagen.

• 2 weeks later...

Summarizing all of the wishes, this comes close enough:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=248936&stc=1&d=1494375331

IMG-20170402-WA0000.jpg.e423df827c5e4e5578ab7d002e6eea4b.jpg

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

wait, is this real or some Photoshop work?

I found it on the internet, has to be real!

/s

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived