LegacyGT.com

Official Pets Thread V3

SBT

Between Jack and Bailey solicitors don’t seem interested in visiting us anymore.

Years ago I had some friends who owned a 125 lb German Shepherd named "Fang." They taught him to go on guard at the command, "Fang ... Salesman!"

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Meet the newest member of our family, Chloë

She is a Lilac Point Siamese / Ragdoll mix. She is a very sweet girl, docile personality. She is timid but is coming out of her shell more each day. She started playing with her toys yesterday. She purrs practically on contact and has been a snuggler since the drive home. Has not met the dog yet, we're taking it slow.

oxbit3umzclloqnzftld.thumb.jpg.91012588fd8448bfc6b511e3e2a87528.jpg

86502255_10218532333074318_7581766700882722816_n.thumb.jpg.674ec06a1417c40802c0cb95098b5c6f.jpg

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Meet the newest member of our family, Chloë

She is a Lilac Point Siamese / Ragdoll mix. She is a very sweet girl, docile personality. She is timid but is coming out of her shell more each day. She started playing with her toys yesterday. She purrs practically on contact and has been a snuggler since the drive home. Has not met the dog yet, we're taking it slow.

She’s a beauty!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Spent the morning chatting with an Akita breeder who is expecting a new litter in June. Been looking at rescue pups, however the shelter at home means no chance to see if we're compatible or getting cujo.

So far have been unable to find akc boxer and Akita breeders willing to make a mixed litter. Having another boxkita would be fun, though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to a small island, Hart Miller, in the Chespeake Bay this past weekend. A couple friends kayaked, girlfriend and I took my buddy's canoe with electric motor, so we could fit the dog, and play pack mule for everyone else.

Was our dog's first time at any sort of beach, he definitely enjoyed it:

IMG-20200823-WA0006.thumb.jpg.2ef3f3557d9a11ec193e9d7afac40296.jpg

Friend recently started fostering a puppy (looks like a pit/black lab mix)...and looking like she'll be a "foster fail" and will end up keeping the dog. They got along great!

zh5aQOQ.jpg

6O271Vh.jpg

Thank you for stepping up and changing that pups life for the better.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Thank you for stepping up and changing that pups life for the better.

Not our foster!

Our dog is the Australian shepherd, which we got from a breeder that we researched, vetted, etc. Our friend fostered, and is keeping, the rescue. Our dog is just a playmate of that dog.

Girlfriend and I do want to get another puppy in a year or two, and will most likely adopt a rescue dog.

Not our foster!

Our dog is the Australian shepherd, which we got from a breeder that we researched, vetted, etc. Our friend fostered, and is keeping, the rescue. Our dog is just a playmate of that dog.

Girlfriend and I do want to get another puppy in a year or two, and will most likely adopt a rescue dog.

I guess I read that wrong anyway thanks to whoever took the pup in.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 1 month later...

The akita adoption fell through. My wife decided she wanted a husky. She researched heavily and concluded two huskies weighed less than one boxkita. So we are fostering a bonded pair of huskies, one Siberian and one Alaskan. They had been living on the streets of San Bernardino for a few years, so they were really skinny.

4.5 months later, they are no longer skinny. The Alaskan, Enzo, weighs almost as much as Boxkita and pulls like a freight train. The Siberian, Bella, eats everything so we're monitoring her food pretty closely. They both wake up at 3am, 4:30am and 6am. After that, they setup camp outside the bedroom door and bark until someone gets up for the morning walk. We're averaging 6 miles a day at ~4mph.

posting pics soon

891C6836-3D05-4D36-B3C3-821B773A7018.thumb.jpg.30ce783d7749110a1a0d26871d5b47bf.jpg

Edited by boxkita