LegacyGT.com

Official Pets Thread V3

SBT

It's more a question of what's not...

I remember the ruckus it caused during the last Olympics there, they even asked restaurants to remove some items from their menus during the games for the fear of international travelers finding it offensive. Some of them did, some didn't.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

There’s a Chinese restaurant in Gillette, WY called the China King (very original) that I sometimes go to, even though by the standards of anywhere else it is quite mediocre; there used to be a pet shop next door in the strip mall. The pet shop went out of business, shortly after the quality of food at the China King declined. I also could swear that the shape and texture of the meat changed.

Coincidence? Maybe.

I wonder if the pet shop was having inventory control issues?

I can't imagine cat would taste that great, probably greasy. Dog.... maybe, but what do I know. Horse seems like it would be too dense, chewy.

In some portions of India they eat rats while in other portions of India rats are sacred, I've seen videos of them grilling up Rat Sish Kabobs over open flame and just eating them right off the stick. One man's Rat is another man's chicken I guess.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

There’s a Chinese restaurant in Gillette, WY called the China King (very original) that I sometimes go to, even though by the standards of anywhere else it is quite mediocre; there used to be a pet shop next door in the strip mall. The pet shop went out of business, shortly after the quality of food at the China King declined. I also could swear that the shape and texture of the meat changed.

Coincidence? Maybe.

I wonder if the pet shop was having inventory control issues?

We had a similar place called House of Wong next to a pet store. House of Wong served a dish called "Spicy Chicken," which was neither spicy, nor chicken. Later it became known as House of Wrong.

Brought to you by Pfizer

I can't imagine cat would taste that great, probably greasy. Dog.... maybe, but what do I know. Horse seems like it would be too dense, chewy.

In some portions of India they eat rats while in other portions of India rats are sacred, I've seen videos of them grilling up Rat Sish Kabobs over open flame and just eating them right off the stick. One man's Rat is another man's chicken I guess.

I can't for sure speak for felis catus, but Puma concolor isn't bad at all. Kind of like pork.

There’s a Chinese restaurant in Gillette, WY called the China King ... [and] there used to be a pet shop next door in the strip mall.

Even worse, IMO, I once spotted a Chinese restaurant located next door to a veterinary clinic. No thanks!

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I remember the ruckus it caused during the last Olympics there, they even asked restaurants to remove some items from their menus during the games for the fear of international travelers finding it offensive. Some of them did, some didn't.

I’ve spent time in China and South Korea. There were times when they said “pork” I asked myself “what part of the “pig” did this cut come from?” Meh...most of it was absolutely delicious.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

4453e92b8e3fe20035f89211c5db17f3.jpg

Roxy the Rottweiler aka my sons pillow. She is little over one year old. Sweetest dog I’ve owned

e78f2db0388e0187a964e17d95fd69cd.jpg

Riley (Yorkshire)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Sister had a Rottweiler named Roxy, what a great dog she was :)

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Jack the Rottweiler puppy pooped on the floor this evening after being let out to do his business. I was not amused, did I mention that I hate puppies?

Lighten up Frances. He'll get better and you know it. You love him and you just won't admit it. :lol:

Jack the Rottweiler was much better last night, the park across the street dried up enough for he and Bailey to get properly walked. A tired exercised puppy is a good puppy.

As a bonus everyone with kids or dogs seemed to be there too so his socialization got some work. He is bonkers about kids, and got his fill of small children playing with him in the play ground area.

He is comprehending the “sit” command pretty well, and “come”. The “stay” command eludes him at this time. He is super oriented towards praise and food, so training is a bit easier than with our female GSD since she gives zero fucks about treats if something else has her attention.

She’s a tough bitch when she gets focused on chasing deer, or meeting other dogs or people; we tried an electric training collar on her years ago and gave up. She would just power right through the jolt and keep on her task. She probably would have made a good working dog, the vet has commented on her about this since she stays with the vet when we travel. Vet says she’s always turned on, they leave her up front now, she guards the front desk and patrols the area. Not aggressive but just lets them know someone is at the door. LOL.

Anecdotaly the female GSD is really handy at making solicitors not want to continue knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell. They see her at the door and “nope” out 90% of the time. Which is funny because the mailman, Fed Ex, and UPS guys all love her, she comes in for the full lean to get loved on when they show up. Same for our phone/ISP tech. She seems to know that they’re OK.

• 1 month later...

The idiots out for a walk, notice that a male Rottweiler at 4 months old is almost as large as a smaller adult females GSD.

http://i.imgur.com/9Jwtxez.jpg

Also finding out that having a puppy means than random children decide to engage me in conversation and want to pet the puppy.

http://i.imgur.com/F7MjwFF.jpg