LegacyGT.com

Official Pets Thread V3

SBT

My 11 year old started her 3 year run of allergy shots yesterday, highly allergic to dogs and cats and many trees, pollen's and grasses ( tough for my little tree hugger). It breaks my heart, she love animals so much, she doesn't care if she'll have a tough time breathing she'll pet them if she gets the chance. Hopefully after the shots a pet will be in her future. ( frogs and fish don't cut it for her)

Wonder if any of you dog lovers saw A Dogs Purpose? My family enjoyed it very much and someone was cutting onions very close to me in the theater too. LOL

More pics please, guys she loves to see them.

She is a petite Goldendoodle F1 backcross and currently weighs 12 pounds which is on the small side of the 12-18lb range. She also has straighter hair which is what we wanted, many of them tend to be more curly like poodles. And we also wanted the more reddish color, most are more blonde. Ruby's mom is a goldendoodle (half golden retriever, half miniature apricot poodle) and her dad is a miniature apricot poodle.

She has hair, not fur, so she does not shed and needs haircuts instead. When brushed, the brush will fill with hair just like your wife's and daughter's brushes do. Her demeanor is fantastic. She's smart, a little stubborn, immensely cute and gets lots of attention from everyone. She is a puppy and very high energy and nippy, but as she is getting to her first birthday we are seeing her calm down quite a bit already at times and is really starting to enjoy sitting on the couch with us and getting petted versus playing with toys all the time. You can definitely see both breeds in her. She can really jump and likes to stand on her hind legs like poodles, but when we take her for walks or when she runs after balls, she is all big dog, looks big, acts big, uses her hind legs for power and has a long gate like a full size Golden. She does not "bounce" when she walks and runs like our Shih Tzu (a little dog) does. And it's the nose....we love the nose. LOL!

Edited by GTEASER

That was my guess but wasn't positive . Two White Goldendoodles down the street, wonderful playful dogs. One owners is a large one and the other is Ruby's size. Another neighbor who lives right between the doodles has a large Apricot Poodle, the Apricot color is absolutely stunning

Luckily we have many dogs in our close proximity so my daughter can get her doggie fix.

Thx for sharing pic's and info, miss the Bay Area, not all the people though.

My 11 year old started her 3 year run of allergy shots yesterday, highly allergic to dogs and cats and many trees, pollen's and grasses ( tough for my little tree hugger). It breaks my heart, she love animals so much, she doesn't care if she'll have a tough time breathing she'll pet them if she gets the chance. Hopefully after the shots a pet will be in her future. ( frogs and fish don't cut it for her)

Wonder if any of you dog lovers saw A Dogs Purpose? My family enjoyed it very much and someone was cutting onions very close to me in the theater too. LOL

More pics please, guys she loves to see them.

One of the more photogenic residents of the shelter where I volunteer:

http://media.petango.com/sms/photos/1287/bb83a5e6-9ae5-4dbf-85b7-7c0509257219.jpg

His profile page: https://kcpetproject.org/adopt/animal-details/?aid=30960365&cid=11&tid=Dog

Not a good day here but one I knew was coming.

I was always a dog person I had three Dobes over the years when the last one was gone in the mid '90's I had no animals for a long time.

In 2005 I "inherited" a 12 y/o Tuxedo cat named Gentry with the stipulation that if he didn't work out he had to go.

Long story short he won me over and I have never once regretted sharing my life with him. He was the best ever. I never thought cats could have such personalities.

In the last year he has slowly lost his mobility. The old joints just wore out and it was time. I have cried less at friends funerals than I have with him being gone.

He meant the world to me and will be missed.

RIP Old Man

IMG_1352.thumb.JPG.a17ba05090eae65c23ada6bb4f028411.JPG

IMG_1520.jpg.81356e786fa3c06bedd28d0fb2c1a0ed.jpg

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Sorry to hear bosco. Still going through our loss.

Agree with Laz - hope to see them all some day.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...

Our cat Bibbles is the goofiest sometimes. I thought about making his own YouTube channel.

http://i.imgur.com/umRoakZ.jpg

He also does this sometimes when we try to watch a movie. I've since took the plastic down since winters over.

Edited by Timothy.B