SBT

Ruby at 3 months old

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160922/ebd58277c6b7dfedf5824f2169c5826b.jpg

Ruby at 4 months old

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160922/edbda1548014aab2b0f151bdd4849883.jpg

Ruby at 5 months old

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160922/f4051d4c835ef55c6f663acbff4c74ee.jpg

Edited by GTEASER

My "puppy" is now over 35 lbs. She's no longer easily carried around. I still do it. When I get home, she runs up and jumps in my arms (I taught her that) Going to be an issue once she passes 70 lbs.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/chowser51att/IMG_2168_zpsrb4mw4vb.jpg

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted but I've lurked now and then :p

I have had the desire to add another pup to the family for quite some time now, but did not since I was renting. With my new home and large yard, I'm getting closer to making this happen. I currently have an awesome 11yr old Husky (shown) that while a little slower than she used to be, is still able to handle a pup companion in my opinion.

SO, on to the point. If anyone knows of a litter of the following please let me know.

• Husky/German Shepherd Mix
  • Full GSD
  • Full Husky
  • Any husky/and or GSD mixed with either other shepherds, cattle dogs, similar lines.

Of course I'm checking all the shelters I can, but I imagine a pup like this won't last a day in such a place.

Thanks guys/gals!

edit: No clue why the photo is rotated, my original is not.

IMG_1638.thumb.JPG.76dabee4931924b65d485e3d2f318840.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Well - our Shiba is sending signals that he's ready to go. He sleeps like an old man, struggles with every function there is, and just looks at us with tired eyes that seem to beg, "please let me go". We've done everything humanely possible to keep him healthy and well, but I think the time has come to do everything we can to finally let him sleep, uninterrupted, in his final resting place.

This video was helpful in reaching our decision for him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOCeJSQCTs]IF I COULD TALK / BEST DOG FILM / OFFICIAL VIDEO - YouTube[/ame]

Looking for plans to build his internment box. Will be hard to do this after nearly 17 years. What a great run this guy has had.

We'll get you there soon buddy. You've earned it.

728221350_Shugo2.JPG.e873c253ca8e0046a062b5112d320422.JPG

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 4 weeks later...
Recommended brands for Flea/Tick collars? It's a really bad year for them. With both a dog and a cat we have been finding about a dozen ticks per day over the past few weeks and the topical/pills aren't enough. My sister and my dad are finding them on their dogs as well.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Well - our Shiba is sending signals that he's ready to go. He sleeps like an old man, struggles with every function there is, and just looks at us with tired eyes that seem to beg, "please let me go". We've done everything humanely possible to keep him healthy and well, but I think the time has come to do everything we can to finally let him sleep, uninterrupted, in his final resting place.

Looking for plans to build his internment box. Will be hard to do this after nearly 17 years. What a great run this guy has had.

I'm sorry to hear that SBT, hope all is well with you and your buddy.

17 years is a good run, I'm sure it was full of countless great memories. Keep those in mind.

SBT, I'm just now reading your post from last month... Sorry to read about your Shiba :( I can't imagine how I'd feel in your shoes, but I know that it's something immensely difficult. Keep the great memories alive.

i need to rehome my daughters cat, she moved out a year ago and the cat stayed with me. im rarely home, i basically sleep there. he has no human interaction beyond me, and its starting to show he almost attacked my oldest daughter this morning when she came over to go vote with me, and even swiped at me when i stood between them. hes turning feral with all that time alone in that house. i do like the cat, but i think its unfair to keep him cooped up without any friends or humans around to interact with. im pretty bummed, and i know my daughter will be too. she would take him in a second if her boyfriends german shepard wouldnt eat him.

I think your daughter needs to spearhead the rehome and get the cat out of your home if she can't have it. It's her cat, and she's old enough to live with her boyfriend, so she's old enough to be responsible for HER cat. Need I say more?