LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Just got home from local range with the Mrs.

Been looking for a couple of good carry pieces, she's really into shooting as of recently and wants to get CCP and take a proper training course at the local range.

She shot the M&P compact in 9mm and loved it. Got some good pointers from the RSO who is also one of the main instructors there and her grouping got way better with his advice. I shot the M&P .40 and really enjoyed it. Need to shoot a more compact version next time though and see if I like it as much as the full size seems a bit large for CC.

Any input on the M&P lineup from those of you experienced with them? Pros/cons, other firearms to check out?

The CCP is an awesome gun! It has great ergonomics, low recoil due to the delayed gas system, very accurate and user friendly to an extent. I shot one at Shot Show and absolutely love it. From a shooters standpoint, it is a good gun for beginners or people looking for low recoil. My only complaint is the field strip and re-assemble. It can be a little tricky and if it is not done right, you may need to take it to a gunsmith.

Got my hands on it. Basically an AR10 chambered in 12g. Waiting on the 10rd mags to be released now. Yes, thats a 5 round mag and yes it is "fully semi automatic". LOL.

Should have some time one day this week to get out to the range and "lob" a few down range. If it cycles properly I will be all giddy like a kid on Christmas morning.

20161210_151934.thumb.jpg.67ec3098bf8700be13e54726673d6ee4.jpg

20161212_180656.thumb.jpg.87c09e45391e8ac2682999be43cb11de.jpg

Nice, when you going pheasant hunting?

Dont know. But I was invited to a hunt in Feb. Texas. Private 2000 acre parcel. Apparently over run with hog. A group of locals I am friendly with are planning it now. Free to use the land and hunt.

Between the .50 cal(s), the .458 Socom(s) and this 12g I am very anxious to go on a hunt and try them out. I was hoping to be able to make boar jello from 100-200yds. :eek:

Did you install a bullet button yet? Did you register it?

I did install a bullet button. Just in case. As for registration, I have until the end of 2017 (so I have been informed) to register, if I decide to do so.

Yes, the xtr12 is considered an "assault weapon" by the State of California.

• 2 weeks later...

Been really lazy with pics but here is my last purchase for the year.

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx321/chowser51/16815DE6-6899-4901-B417-B56C196E4DA7.jpeg

Got a folding stock with brace that I need to install and I need to send the barrel out to get chopped and rethreaded to fit my suppressors.

Not sure if I want to SBR it or not. Don't know why I bought this but LE pricing makes it hard to resist.

Next year I plan on buying only one gun and concentrating on my other hobbies. I think I overdod it on guns and ammo this year.

I'll post a real picture of the MPX soon.

New Years gun goals:

Acquire or build another M4 style carbine. McNamara 2 day class helped me shake my gear out and decide what I'd like. Ran my 18" DDM4 V11 PRO with NXS 1-4x24 in class. It's a bit heavy, but not too bad. Would like a 16" bbl carbine that is a bit lighter to run in classes, if I could source a medium contour 16" CMV 4150 barrel with my d length gas, and a Centurion or Geissele rail as a basis that would be great, although I'd like a fixed front sight post. No one makes a low profile rail in M-Lok or Keymod with a cutout for a FSP and top rail ahead of it though. I have DD RIS II on my Colt SOCOM II but that rail is huge, heavy, and a rare configuration for a Colt. Only 1500 were made and it also has the M4A1 roll mark on the lower, which is evidently very rare for civil models. I like the carbine but don't want to beat up an investment grade gun.

Maybe I'll just buy a Centurion Arms or SIONICS upper, or maybe a new Colt Combat Unit carbine upper if they ever offer them as an upper.

My main goal for this year is to get into the Alliance PD classes - primarily for shoot house.

As a part of that, I'd like to focus this year a lot more on my carbine work.

On the handgun front, I'd like to do some force-on-force classes.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Shot a BN SS P226 MK25 9mm 4.4" on Saturday.

Initially put-off by not having a safety, but overall, after about 100 rounds downrange, really liked it. Accurate, ergonomic fit even for my big hams, and well-balanced. Navy S-I-L is going to source one for me.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Got my SCCY back from the factory the other day, shot the pins out it 1st range day. Seems like they replaced the frame and didn't use the oversized frame pins. Whatever glue they used didn't hold up to WWB ammo. I'll entertain the idea of selling it after I recover from replacing my DD, 2 kids B days and Christmas.

If they're paying shipping both ways I'd keep sending it back under warranty until they've spent more in overnight air charges and shop time than they ever made on the pistol. If they're smart they will just give you a refund so you can buy a real gun.

Had our "Christmas Party" at the range. It was the best Christmas party yet. Picked up a 686+P (6inch barrel) just before the party.

My goal for next year is to keep what I have (legally) and not be added to a "future confiscation" list.

They don't pay for shipping there, Shipping it back again would be the value of the gun if I sold it. The warranty has been abused to the point it kinda sucks. No free ship labels and no more free gun if stolen.

So, you're moving to the United States?

Yes. 'Murica, not this Kommiefornia crap.

The owner of the transmission shop next door is closing his doors after 30 years. He is relocating his family and shop to Southern Idaho. 15in per year of snow avg. Got me thinking again...