LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Uh oh.......I think I broke it.......

http://i.imgur.com/GSlQ59nl.jpg?1

Kidding, It's Ok! Been resisting getting another 1911 for months now. I haven't had one for a couple years and have been going back and forth about getting one. Randomly, my local shop got in some used lightweight operators and were selling them at a decent price that I just couldn't resist. This was the best out of the 3 when it came to wear and sights. What do you guys prefer to use for grips? In the past, I mainly stuck with double diamond, but am looking to change it up.

http://i.imgur.com/RI2oVLJl.jpg

Is the steel A&A's or are you bringing your own? Last time I was there I had to scare off some idiots playing with shotguns. Haven't been back since but glad to hear they are cleaning it up. :)

Yes-sir. Our own.

Quarter-IPSC TacStrikes.

----

Please tell me you're buying her a MKVI and not MKII/III series?

All my armorer buddies own multiple MKII/III pistols that were given to them in peices in bags.

She'll hate you and guns after her first attempt at cleaning it. I'm trading my MKIII Hunter in on a MKVI Hunter this weekend. So glad this is the last time I have to take it apart and clean it.

You're assuming that I actually clean my guns! :lol:

I'm not set on buying another, yet, but yes, that will go into consideration, for-sure.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

...What do you guys prefer to use for grips? In the past, I mainly stuck with double diamond, but am looking to change it up...

I've been off and on for grips myself. There isn't anything wrong with mine, I just feel like they are too pretty for a EDC. In the past i always managed to tear up a set of pretty wood grips. The ones I see come up looks like they cheapen the look of the gun a bit. Having the non standard grip also makes my choice limited.

As for broken, I broke the SCCY some more. This time the ejector broke off. Funny thing is I didn't know it broke till i took it apart to clean it. I literally saw it when I was leaving but assumed it was there when i got to the booth and left it.

TSi+WRX, have you ever shipped a gun off from any local shops? All the ones here are telling me $80 plus transfer fees. Trading it in literally fetches me $125 making it not logical to do unless they shipped me out a new gun. From all the online folks they usually had 3 ship backs before they got a new gun from it.

I've been off and on for grips myself. There isn't anything wrong with mine, I just feel like they are too pretty for a EDC. In the past i always managed to tear up a set of pretty wood grips. The ones I see come up looks like they cheapen the look of the gun a bit. Having the non standard grip also makes my choice limited.

I ended up just picking up a set of Magpul grips. Decent texture and they were only $20

Merc, are you able to order the part and fix it yourself in lieu of shipping the gun out?

Try to find a different store to do the shipping. Or use Buds gunshop shipping.

FFLs can use USPS which is really cheap. $80 to log in your gun (writes a line in a book) and ship is a rip off.

There's an FFL down the street from me that charges $25? Or $30? To receive a gun. I'm sure he charges something similar to ship.

My regular FFL is my retired sergeant and is 45 mins away and he charges me nothing (i fix his computers for him and agreed to stay away from his daughters). So I make my trips to him worthwhile. Minimum two gun pickup :). He's sitting on a new SIG P320 for me so I need to buy another gun before I go get it.

TSi+WRX, have you ever shipped a gun off from any local shops? All the ones here are telling me $80 plus transfer fees. Trading it in literally fetches me $125 making it not logical to do unless they shipped me out a new gun. From all the online folks they usually had 3 ship backs before they got a new gun from it.

No, sorry. :( That sucks! :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Merc, are you able to order the part and fix it yourself in lieu of shipping the gun out?

Try to find a different store to do the shipping. Or use Buds gunshop shipping.

FFLs can use USPS which is really cheap. $80 to log in your gun (writes a line in a book) and ship is a rip off.

There's an FFL down the street from me that charges $25? Or $30? To receive a gun. I'm sure he charges something similar to ship.

My regular FFL is my retired sergeant and is 45 mins away and he charges me nothing (i fix his computers for him and agreed to stay away from his daughters). So I make my trips to him worthwhile. Minimum two gun pickup :). He's sitting on a new SIG P320 for me so I need to buy another gun before I go get it.

I'll try and call a few more cause $20-30 is cool. When you call the company they say S**t like we get guns in USPS all the time like I can just up and do that from home. The part is on the way but the last fix I did "Per their Instructions" was superglue the new over sized frame pins in to stop them from walking. Just getting the over sized pins in broke my punch. Since I'm systematically breaking stuff, sending it back is the logical choice vs stiffing the next guy who buys it. Usually when you do ship it back, they run through and replace a ton of stuff that they end up shipping out for free anyways if you request the parts.

Dropped my LR-308 receivers and stock off at the LGS for Cerakoting :D Sniper Grey anyone?! This build is coming together quicker than I thought it would. Just need handguard, bcg, buffer, buffer spring, and muzzle device (thinking OSS Bravo Banner)

The little gun is a hunk of shit. Stop wasting your time and buy something that is made better in the first place.

Like..a 1911? Got one of those too. This is my last resort and could care less gun. After having a $600 gun confiscated then never given back after cleared of wrong doing, i'm kinda iffy of risking $1300 on that happening again.

Like..a 1911? Got one of those too. This is my last resort and could care less gun. After having a $600 gun confiscated then never given back after cleared of wrong doing, i'm kinda iffy of risking $1300 on that happening again.

Same reason I hated carrying my Wilson Combat. Plus, some departments are really bad about taking care of your items once they get to evidence.

Wait, wut?

In Ohio when they confiscate it's super hard to get back. The amount to money it would take for me to try and fight to get it back would exceed the cost of said used gun value. My lawyer told me this as I was smiling on the way to evidence to get it back. I was like maybe it's different this time, nope not so much.

Same reason I hated carrying my Wilson Combat. Plus, some departments are really bad about taking care of your items once they get to evidence.

Even tho they took the gun, gun, locker and all 3 mags (in which the gun was during alleged occurrence) I feel the same since they had the key. This department let the victim of alleged gun violence crime come bail me out because "Money is Money". I was sure that gun was "auctioned off" to the duty belt of one of them. Either way, can't really cry over it now like I can change how it went down. Just glad I didn't go crazy with lighter triggers, fancy sights, barrels and whatnot.

You should have fought it on principle.

After a year I gave up. I had too much stuff going on in my life at the time. New kid, deployment(s), a dead Legacy with a car note still, and the missing engine to dead Legacy.

My mom had her Beretta taken by Cleveland PD. It was returned to her months later (minus the ammo). Yours is probably still sitting in evidence lockup. Wheneverbyou have a free minute send anletter. You might get lucky. Though Cleveland red tape does take awhile. Wish I knew someone at Cleveland to ask for you.

At my place we have guns from the 60s still that our judges won't let us do anything with.

Having my gun taken as evidence is why I pretty much only carry Glocks now (or my HK VP9). Another Glock will run me four bills unlike a more expensive 1911.

Edited by chowser51

My mom had her Beretta taken by Cleveland PD. It was returned to her months later (minus the ammo). Yours is probably still sitting in evidence lockup. Wheneverbyou have a free minute send anletter. You might get lucky. Though Cleveland red tape does take awhile. Wish I knew someone at Cleveland to ask for you.

At my place we have guns from the 60s still that our judges won't let us do anything with.

Having my gun taken as evidence is why I pretty much only carry Glocks now (or my HK VP9). Another Glock will run me four bills unlike a more expensive 1911.

CHPD and it actually is a Glock. They wanted me to find the arresting officer and have him write a letter, go to Woodbridge ,VA and get the BATF form, and then the evidence guy is never in and only answers the phone every 4 months with a new list of prerequisites.

• 2 weeks later...