LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Maryland has retarded gun laws and many pistols aren't approved for sale in that communist totalitarian shit hole. So good luck.

If I were you I'd buy a .22 target pistol so you actually learn trigger control and basic pistol marksmanship. No one listens to this advice because they don't know what try don't know. So enjoy developing a flinch and never hitting your target with the 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP you will inevitably buy as your first handgun.

Then I'd tell you to buy a medium framed 4" barrel .357 Magnum revolver and feed it .38 Special as your intro to center fire handguns. An all steel revolver is simple, durable, accurate, and versatile. Fed .38 Special it will recoil very little. When you're ready for more power you can run .357's in it. Pretty sure you can buy revolvers in shit ass Maryland too which is a bonus. You won't listen to that advice either and you'll buy a polymer framed striker fired pistol instead, and being Maryland the newer pistol with nicer triggers and ergonomics may not be approved so you'll buy a Glock 23 or something like that. It will have garbage sights, and a wretched trigger in addition to snappy recoil because it weighs next to nothing. You will shoot it poorly and be afraid of the recoil flinching at every shot and hitting nothing.

Great info thank you! I actually take the recommendations and use it to my advantage, thats why I asked here because I know you guys have a ton of experience on them. I will check with the local laws and rent a few before I go throwing money away on something that isnt what i want, just what i was sold on. Thanks again!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

While I like revolvers I understand most new shooters will not appreciate them. So I stick by my suggestion to acquire a .22LR pistol of good quality before or at the same time you select a centerfire. If you find a centerfire pistol with a .22LR conversion slide, barrel, and magazine you should consider it.

The .22LR is cheap to shoot, and you can learn/master the basics on it while having fun and avoiding developing bad habits like anticipating recoil and flinching among other things.

CZ and SIG both offer .22 conversions, and there are probably others. Another advantage is you build mechanics skills on running the same pistol since the .22 is an understudy.

Advantage Arms makes .22 conversions for Glocks, we have one for the wife's 19 and it runs pretty good.

I had a Kimber conversion for my 1911, which also worked fine. I now have a Tactical Solutions conversion, and I like it a lot, but the magazines are stupid expensive.

Interesting... leaked ATF white paper. May signal a sea change in the way ATF conducts business, and more rational approach to regulation...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/02/06/breaking-summary-leaked-atf-white-paper-analysis-nfa-free-suppressors-shouldered-braces-armor-piercing-ammo-oh/

I saw this. Im hoping it's true and not just a joke.

Also, everyone on this sub should sign this if you haven't and get your family/friends to do the same:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

Maryland has retarded gun laws and many pistols aren't approved for sale in that communist totalitarian shit hole. So good luck.

If I were you I'd buy a .22 target pistol so you actually learn trigger control and basic pistol marksmanship. No one listens to this advice because they don't know what try don't know. So enjoy developing a flinch and never hitting your target with the 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP you will inevitably buy as your first handgun.

Then I'd tell you to buy a medium framed 4" barrel .357 Magnum revolver and feed it .38 Special as your intro to center fire handguns. An all steel revolver is simple, durable, accurate, and versatile. Fed .38 Special it will recoil very little. When you're ready for more power you can run .357's in it. Pretty sure you can buy revolvers in shit ass Maryland too which is a bonus. You won't listen to that advice either and you'll buy a polymer framed striker fired pistol instead, and being Maryland the newer pistol with nicer triggers and ergonomics may not be approved so you'll buy a Glock 23 or something like that. It will have garbage sights, and a wretched trigger in addition to snappy recoil because it weighs next to nothing. You will shoot it poorly and be afraid of the recoil flinching at every shot and hitting nothing.

LOL My 1st pistol was a Glock 22 based off all the Maryland guys at my civilian job who recommended it. If we ever got into a firefight, we all could accept each other mags. My supervisor was Mr. Tacticool before it was a term and carried 7 magazines on his duty belt sitting behind a desk. Complete Farva all day except he had all the cool tech on his like guide rod laser night sights and lighter trigger. I just held a 22C the other day and had a moment where I wanted to get another one.

The guys who took the Metro home from VA had to unload their guns before they got on so they didn't have a loaded gun on the way home crossing over the state lines. The issued work gun was a 38 revolver and you were responsible for the ammo and speed loaders.

Yeah the 22/23 in a .40 is a bit much. Almost on par with the SCCY in 9mm and it's snap but more controllable in the larger frame. It's almost like you felt the whole gun turn with the round as it went down the barrel. XD 40 was better at taking the rounds but felt a bit top heavy for my liking.

Edited by Merc6

In other news I have acquired a Dillon RT 1500 case trimmer and size trim die. It is bad ass.

Size and trim rifle brass all in one step. Mounted on my Dillon XL650 with a case feeder. I can now process very large amounts of rifle brass very quickly.

Nice. Is that one of the commercial KAC lowers and their URX M-Loc rail?

What barrel did you go with?

It is one of their limited run MilSpec TDP SR-15 lowers.

Rail is the URX4 Mlok. I ended up getting a Daniel Defense 14.5 1/7 LW mid barrel for this build.

In case you are interested:

KAC TDP Milspec Lower

Colt M4 Upper Receiver

FN Bolt and BCG

DD 14.5 1/7 LT

Magpul Trigger Guard

KAC URX 4 MLOK 13"

BCM LPGB .750

Spikes Mid Gas Tube

Magpul MOE+ Grip

AAC 51T MB

MBUS Pro Front

MBUS Pro Rear

Noveske QD Endplate

BCM Mod 0 Stock

VLTOR A5 Spring and Buffer

VLTOR A5 Buffer Tube

Geissele SSA-E

Wilson Combat EBR

DPMS LPK (minus TG)

AMDEF Recon 30mm

Trijicon Accupower 1-4 (Segmented Circle)

Surefire M300

Surefire M6XX Cap and SR07

KAC MLOK Scout Mount

Magpul MLOK Rail Cover

Edited by firepyro515

Thumb is dirty. Getting ready for qualification day tomorrow.

The course is 25 handgun rounds and 36 rifle rounds.

The rest is for plinking. :)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/lexican51/817CBBEC-126E-46EF-8EF0-CC2341AD55BC_zpslpgnhh9v.png

It is one of their limited run MilSpec TDP SR-15 lowers.

Rail is the URX4 Mlok. I ended up getting a Daniel Defense 14.5 1/7 LW mid barrel for this build.

In case you are interested:

KAC TDP Milspec Lower

Colt M4 Upper Receiver

FN Bolt and BCG

DD 14.5 1/7 LT

Magpul Trigger Guard

KAC URX 4 MLOK 13"

BCM LPGB .750

Spikes Mid Gas Tube

Magpul MOE+ Grip

AAC 51T MB

MBUS Pro Front

MBUS Pro Rear

Noveske QD Endplate

BCM Mod 0 Stock

VLTOR A5 Spring and Buffer

VLTOR A5 Buffer Tube

Geissele SSA-E

Wilson Combat EBR

DPMS LPK (minus TG)

AMDEF Recon 30mm

Trijicon Accupower 1-4 (Segmented Circle)

Surefire M300

Surefire M6XX Cap and SR07

KAC MLOK Scout Mount

Magpul MLOK Rail Cover

Very nice. Now go break it in, and have some fun. LOL.

What's the weight on that beauty, firepyro515?

-----

I'd be interested if Trijicon would make the rear notch a bit narrower. A .125" blade with a .169" rear will be tough to shoot accurately.

Probably built for speed.:spin:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

What's the weight on that beauty, firepyro515?

-----

Probably built for speed.:spin:

Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet. That is the one problem with variable power optics, they add a decent amount of weight.

update: Rifle by itself is 7lb. The optic and mount are 1lb 9oz

Edited by firepyro515

*sigh*

Finally finished the 18" AR and was going to install a suppressor muzzle device on it and my Tavor X95. Of course my only tube of Rocksett has solidified.

So rifles back to storage and ordered a jar of Rocksett.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/lexican51/A6A7B702-24D3-4E64-AFE8-582D2266DBEC_zps1uwyixke.jpeg