LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Yeah, that is what everyone is saying. I left Shot Show a couple hours before the announcement was made, would have loved to be at the Glock booth when they all found out :lol::lol:.

It will be interesting to see how the final army P320 is configured.

Ambi Thumb safety

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/19/us-armys-next-gun-sigs-p320-compact-mhs-shot-17/

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Gray Guns makes a nice trigger for the P320 as well.

After I bit of searching I found a neat little pack to put my CCW in while backpacking and hiking. The best part is that it's in expensive. I've seen the tacticool version go for almost 10x as much.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083SW4NM/

16215539_1409108055800328_558114615_n.jpg.137569e8f4cfad7910d8ae5755ae38fe.jpg

Edited by Schrei Wolf

I bought myself a p320 compact for xmas,

put over a hundred rnds thru it already

I can understand why it won.

After shooting both the compact and the fullsize, I can honestly say that I really prefer the fullsize P320. There was a distributor that was doing compact frames with fullsize slides/barrels. I should have picked on up when I had a chance. Also, the flat trigger definitely makes it feel better.

New to sigs, How much difference does those shoot compared to the 9MM SAO Legion I shot and sooo want? Any comparison to the M11's AFOSI carries or carried?

Trigger and weight are the big difference. I'm assuming you mean the P226 Legion in SAO? SAO will have a safety where the 320 does not. 320 has a plastic frame and removable trigger group. The differences are endless.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Trigger and weight are the big difference. I'm assuming you mean the P226 Legion in SAO? SAO will have a safety where the 320 does not. 320 has a plastic frame and removable trigger group. The differences are endless.

Yes the 226 is what I fired looking back at the pics. Ignore the .45 ammo that was for my 1911.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/g2_zpszxlowsym.jpg~original

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/g3_zpskhfvcjek.jpg~original

• 2 weeks later...
The last of the parts from CGW arrived and installed: short reset disconnector, short resset disconnector, extended firing pin, reduced power return spring and a 18# hammer spring. My CZ has a 2.5# SA Pull and a 8.25# DA pull, the reset is much better. The break is unbelievably smooth. Definitely recommend a Pro-Grade kit from GCW for anyone with a CZ.

The last of the parts from CGW arrived and installed: short reset disconnector, short resset disconnector, extended firing pin, reduced power return spring and a 18# hammer spring. My CZ has a 2.5# SA Pull and a 8.25# DA pull, the reset is much better. The break is unbelievably smooth. Definitely recommend a Pro-Grade kit from GCW for anyone with a CZ.

Which CZ you have again?

No it does not. The P10c magazines have an additional cut in the mag body that older P07 magazines do not have. All magazines going forward will be able to function in both pistols though.

Correct, I was generalizing because all magazine will have said notch now.

Speaking of Sigs, I got to shoot the 938 on Friday. Clearly wasn't any close comparisons beside size. I usually fire the SCCY just to try and get my trigger discipline in. 938 really didn't care what I did, it pretty much landed where it should have even 1 handed. my only gripe is round count and how hard the safety was to go on. Taking the safety off wasn't an issue at all.

I've been using the 1911 as my EDC recently, taking advantage of the winter gear making it possible.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/223042F3-626B-4B4D-974A-3D16C9D2CAF5_zpso00pkr83.jpg~original

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/02E09CB2-0B71-4182-9D59-01428A240696_zpstnygrnul.jpg~original

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/6823408F-10B2-4652-9852-A0BE6C55C6FE_zpscg3ssz2l.jpg~original

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/A6C63A8D-76A2-4C64-8948-05D82F74CDA3_zpsezgmr4xc.jpg~original

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/43B6D3EF-3F3B-46DD-BBC8-30D2E7A07609_zpszmjw4cvf.jpg~original

What gun do you guys recommend to start out with? I wanna get one and start going to the range that is open down the street from my house. Price isnt really an issue, thoughts?

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

You live in MD? I don't think you're allowed to own guns in that republic.

Lol funny but yes. I have to go through the process and take a class but otherwise I can buy one. Thanks for your contribution though

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

What gun do you guys recommend to start out with? I wanna get one and start going to the range that is open down the street from my house. Price isnt really an issue, thoughts?

Rent all the guns! Find what fits your hand and style the best. I really like the Sig P320, CZ P-07 or CZ P-09(Favorite hammer and best value), Springfield 1911, H&K VP9, and Walther PPQ M2 (Favorite Striker)

Maryland has retarded gun laws and many pistols aren't approved for sale in that communist totalitarian shit hole. So good luck.

If I were you I'd buy a .22 target pistol so you actually learn trigger control and basic pistol marksmanship. No one listens to this advice because they don't know what try don't know. So enjoy developing a flinch and never hitting your target with the 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP you will inevitably buy as your first handgun.

Then I'd tell you to buy a medium framed 4" barrel .357 Magnum revolver and feed it .38 Special as your intro to center fire handguns. An all steel revolver is simple, durable, accurate, and versatile. Fed .38 Special it will recoil very little. When you're ready for more power you can run .357's in it. Pretty sure you can buy revolvers in shit ass Maryland too which is a bonus. You won't listen to that advice either and you'll buy a polymer framed striker fired pistol instead, and being Maryland the newer pistol with nicer triggers and ergonomics may not be approved so you'll buy a Glock 23 or something like that. It will have garbage sights, and a wretched trigger in addition to snappy recoil because it weighs next to nothing. You will shoot it poorly and be afraid of the recoil flinching at every shot and hitting nothing.

Maryland has retarded gun laws and many pistols aren't approved for sale in that communist totalitarian shit hole. So good luck.

If I were you I'd buy a .22 target pistol so you actually learn trigger control and basic pistol marksmanship. No one listens to this advice because they don't know what try don't know. So enjoy developing a flinch and never hitting your target with the 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP you will inevitably buy as your first handgun.

Then I'd tell you to buy a medium framed 4" barrel .357 Magnum revolver and feed it .38 Special as your intro to center fire handguns. An all steel revolver is simple, durable, accurate, and versatile. Fed .38 Special it will recoil very little. When you're ready for more power you can run .357's in it. Pretty sure you can buy revolvers in shit ass Maryland too which is a bonus. You won't listen to that advice either and you'll buy a polymer framed striker fired pistol instead, and being Maryland the newer pistol with nicer triggers and ergonomics may not be approved so you'll buy a Glock 23 or something like that. It will have garbage sights, and a wretched trigger in addition to snappy recoil because it weighs next to nothing. You will shoot it poorly and be afraid of the recoil flinching at every shot and hitting nothing.

Great info. Spot-on... on all points. :)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Step 1: Understand Maryland's gun laws.

After that, it was me, I would pick up a CZ 75 or Compact/P-01 and a Kadet Kit (Assuming MD will allow it).

That way you get an excellent platform with the ability to train on .22 and still shot 9mm with the same frame when it's time.

If that isn't an option, Penquin has a really good point on the .357 revolver and I would second it. Learn the basics on a solid platform, then explore. Get a class, rent a couple from the range, practice, have fun.