LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

^I've been thinking of picking up a Mossberg MVP. Takes AR mags and can chamber .223 and 5.56

Scope, bipod and 60 round surefire mag :lol:

Looks nice, but a bit more than I was planning on spending, I also don't have any AR parts so using AR style mags isn't huge benefit. I'm thinking inexpensive for fun like a Savage or something.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Your state sucks.

You're going to love Idaho though if you make the move.

And Mike, don't forget to keep SoCar in your sights.

Lots of opportunity here, top-tier, "business"-friendly state, and weapon and ammunition rules are very "owner"-friendly.

Your business would do very well here. Your home is your castle and your defense systems are your own.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

And Mike, don't forget to keep SoCar in your sights.

Lots of opportunity here, top-tier, "business"-friendly state, and weapon and ammunition rules are very "owner"-friendly.

Your business would do very well here. Your home is your castle and your defense systems are your own.

As always your insight is greatly valued and noted. I am keeping an open mind on the prospects of a new locale.

Colt is back in the double action revolver game.

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Revolvers/Cobra

I eagerly await the reintroduction of the King Cobra and the Anaconda. A Python would be awesome but unrealistic given the amount of hand fitting required to make the ancient Python style action work right.

Particularly interested in the Anaconda if they resurrect it. I want a .44 Magnum.

Come to TN :lol: I'm about to renew my carry permit to a lifetime permit for $200.

I plan on moving to TN when I retire in less than seven years. Plan to get some land. Build a house. Dig a moat. Etc.

I will make a once a year trip back to Ohio to qualify since I should be carrying under the LEOSA as a retired officer.

I like the idea of a lifetime permit!!

I eagerly await the reintroduction of the King Cobra and the Anaconda. A Python would be awesome but unrealistic given the amount of hand fitting required to make the ancient Python style action work right.

Particularly interested in the Anaconda if they resurrect it. I want a .44 Magnum.

Just before Christmas, a local gun shop got in a late 70s production 2 1/2" Python, unfired, NIB... asking $2300!

I schemed for a few minutes, but can't justify that kind of $$ on a safe queen... even though I've always wanted a Python.

I should have bought one when they were $600-700... 'course I thought that was a lot then! :lol:

There was rumor of it a little while ago, but nothing concrete until recently. Will have to check them out at shot show.

$2300 is cheap for a Python in good condition.

This is a late 70's gun, so lower valued than an earlier one, but you're right, it's a decent price. Still a lot of money for a gun you can't really shoot... unless you don't care about the value.

• I Donated

I live 10 mins from the NH border and often consider moving there. Mike, your business would be welcome here!

BOT - bought myself a VP9 for christmas, and the more I shoot it the more I love it. Will probably pick up an LC9s for less printing during warmer months/ankle carry as well since I loved the one I shot last weekend.

$2300 for a Python is a STEAL. Last one presented to me was offered at $6k!!!

They will NEVER make another Python. Never mind all the hand fitting. The craftsman that made them are gone. The tools used are gone. The craftsman that knew how to use the tools are gone.

Maybe, maybe an Anaconda again. But, they wont be the same either.

I kick myself almost daily for not buying one (or more Pythons) in the late 90's when they were going for $400 new. I thought then that they would be available forever. Was I ever wrong.

Best damn (and sexiest looking) production revolvers made.

The tools are still there allegedly, and there is still know how.

Fact is the last Python was made in 2014 from new old stock parts by a Colt employee that was allowed to assemble it as a project with instruction from older custom shop employees. That said it would not be economically viable.

The tools are still there allegedly, and there is still know how.

Fact is the last Python was made in 2014 from new old stock parts by a Colt employee that was allowed to assemble it as a project with instruction from older custom shop employees. That said it would not be economically viable.

I was told the tools were sold off long ago. But I have never visited the plant, so I do not know for certain. The last true Python was supposedly made in 2005, iirc. By then the Pythons had been coming out of the "custom shop" as a "special order" for dealers. Once again iirc, the last "production" units were released in 2000 (prior to being special order for dealers).

Regardless, they wont be coming back. Tools, craftsman, money. Money to pay for tools, and craftsman and then MOAR money from the end user. I would expect to pay well over $4k for a small Python today. I dont know too many people willing to separate with that kind of cash for a revolver. I dont want it for the safe, I want to shoot the snot out of it.

A Colt Python with an 8" barrel chambered in 44mag... Do you feel lucky, punk? :wub::wub::wub:

$2300 for a Python is a STEAL. Last one presented to me was offered at $6k!!!

They will NEVER make another Python. Never mind all the hand fitting. The craftsman that made them are gone. The tools used are gone. The craftsman that knew how to use the tools are gone.

Maybe, maybe an Anaconda again. But, they wont be the same either.

I kick myself almost daily for not buying one (or more Pythons) in the late 90's when they were going for $400 new. I thought then that they would be available forever. Was I ever wrong.

Best damn (and sexiest looking) production revolvers made.

I wasn't old enough and didn't really appreciate revolvers like that around that time. Police here had those as their side arm but now they are semi autos.

I was told the tools were sold off long ago. But I have never visited the plant, so I do not know for certain. The last true Python was supposedly made in 2005, iirc. By then the Pythons had been coming out of the "custom shop" as a "special order" for dealers. Once again iirc, the last "production" units were released in 2000 (prior to being special order for dealers).

Regardless, they wont be coming back. Tools, craftsman, money. Money to pay for tools, and craftsman and then MOAR money from the end user. I would expect to pay well over $4k for a small Python today. I dont know too many people willing to separate with that kind of cash for a revolver. I dont want it for the safe, I want to shoot the snot out of it.

A Colt Python with an 8" barrel chambered in 44mag... Do you feel lucky, punk? :wub::wub::wub:

The Python frame is not large enough to accommodate .44 Magnum.

I've got a thing for the S&W V-Comp 8 shot .357 Mag

http://www.lsbauctions.com/wp-content/uploads/Smith-Wesson-SW-Model-627-3-V-Comp-Performance-Center-.357-Magnum-Revolver.jpg

Nice revolver. I've always been more partial to the L frame revolvers

The Python frame is not large enough to accommodate .44 Magnum.

You are correct. I have been pining for a 44mag again, lol. 357 will work, I like the S&Ws but the Python is a world apart.

On a side note, it is ok to "talk" about firearms after working 18 hours straight on 4 hours sleep. But, do not handle them. You will make a mistake.

Do you have to have bullet buttons on revolvers in CA?

LOL. No. But I am sure they will come up with something in the near future. The CA legislatures "knee jerk" reaction to the Trump election is essentially an attempt to outlaw all firearms.

LOL. No. But I am sure they will come up with something in the near future. The CA legislatures "knee jerk" reaction to the Trump election is essentially an attempt to outlaw all firearms.

Lol, they might just start requiring two cylinder releases. Kind of like what Taurus uses on some of their larger caliber revolvers.

The CA Legislature hasn't done anything since Trump was elected. All the laws that went into effect since his election were enacted months prior to the election. Only the proposition on ammo background checks was on the same ballot.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight