LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Trying to reach a mutually beneficial price point on a UTAS XTR12 with a local shop now. Its in stock and the last CA compliant model I might be able to get my hands on in the next 31 days (before they are illegal).

So far they are sticking to retail, plus. We shall see what a cash offer does to the price.

What are the laws concerning bringing firearms from other states, given the new restrictions? I live in WA now but will be moving down to Los Angeles in about 2 years? Sorry if it's a newb question.

Depends on what it is. Depends on what the laws are then, as they can change in the blink of an eye here.

Success. We reached an agreement on price on the XTR12. I can pick it up in 10 days. Which means it will take me a good 13 days to pick it up. 10 days is a Saturday, I wont be in the same county. Sunday and Monday the FFL are closed. But come Tuesday... the range master better be ready for some heavy hitting.

274163.thumb.jpg.8d3b2550897f07ae01daf55ff8f8c9e3.jpg

Which would you pick from the below? I want a 1911, this is going to be strictly a range toy.

Springfield Range Officer .45 - 2 mags, 50rds ammo, OWB holster ($550, would offer $500 and see what sticks)

RO

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161129/f5cde7b1aeb806b81a2b4a0cfc535c38.jpg

This guy here. I almost had a used 9MM one but it literally sold from under me. Ended up with the S&W 1911SC instead.

Which would you pick from the below? I want a 1911, this is going to be strictly a range toy.

Springfield Range Officer .45 - 2 mags, 50rds ammo, OWB holster ($550, would offer $500 and see what sticks)

RO

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161129/f5cde7b1aeb806b81a2b4a0cfc535c38.jpg

Just an FYI, the firearm in the picture is a Mil Spec model, not a Range Officer.

Just an FYI, the firearm in the picture is a Mil Spec model, not a Range Officer.

Thanks, i actually just realized this morning. It's milspec with the RO grips. Took me a while to catch that. Everything else is stock besides an upgraded trigger. The guy said he has no FTE/FTF and feeds hollow points just fine.

1911 in 9mm would be a complete sweetheart to shoot.

I recently got to put some rounds through one of the new Ruger lightweight Commanders in 9mm... it would make a very nice daily carry piece.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't remember if I posted this but the only 9mm I shoot a lot now is my Ruger from this fall. It pretty much retired all my other 9mm guns. Until I go pick up my SIG MPX pistol I ordered on Wednesday (dealer called and said it showed up yesterday. I'll pick it up Monday).

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx321/chowser51/r5.jpg

Obviously I am going to form 1 the MPX and chop the barrel and rethread to fit my suppressors.

Just got home from local range with the Mrs.

Been looking for a couple of good carry pieces, she's really into shooting as of recently and wants to get CCP and take a proper training course at the local range.

She shot the M&P compact in 9mm and loved it. Got some good pointers from the RSO who is also one of the main instructors there and her grouping got way better with his advice. I shot the M&P .40 and really enjoyed it. Need to shoot a more compact version next time though and see if I like it as much as the full size seems a bit large for CC.

Any input on the M&P lineup from those of you experienced with them? Pros/cons, other firearms to check out?

Been looking for a couple of good carry pieces, she's really into shooting as of recently and wants to get CCP and take a proper training course at the local range.

She shot the M&P compact in 9mm and loved it. Got some good pointers from the RSO who is also one of the main instructors there and her grouping got way better with his advice. I shot the M&P .40 and really enjoyed it. Need to shoot a more compact version next time though and see if I like it as much as the full size seems a bit large for CC.

Any input on the M&P lineup from those of you experienced with them? Pros/cons, other firearms to check out?

I have the M&P Pro Series that's have APEX's Duty/Carry kit installed and while it's a nice pistol. I paid about $600 for my M&P Pro. I have a .40 S&W slide for my P226 and I never use it because 9mm is way cheaper to shoot, has good capacity, and easier to control.

However, I think the best bang for your buck is the CZ P07 (Glock 19 sized) and P-09 (Glock 17 sized). It takes the features I enjoy about my Sig P226 (External hammer with DA/SA trigger with a decocker or safety, tighter slower breech unlock and full length rails) and M&P(lighter weight polymer frame, higher capacity magazine [P07 is 15+1 P09 is 19+1 and you get polymer +2 base plates for $4 a piece], great ergonomics with a swap able back strap.) all for about $450 for the basic model (which for a compact I got) for $500 for a supressor ready model(Which I have for my full size).. The pistol shoots very accurately and is easier to control than my P226 or M&P, and has a great trigger. The only thing I don't really like is field stripping it, not that it's hard just the you have to line up two notches and drive the pin out like a 1911. Seriously if you can find a range the has one locally, I strongly urge you to shoot one. I like this pistol so much I'm probably going to sell my M&P 5" Pro to fund my LR308 Rifle build

Edit Picture: Glock 19 and CZ P07

15439954_1360953677282433_2935705010836232319_n.jpg.1b7bc238b273f349b4749f7ed0967a79.jpg

Edited by Schrei Wolf

I have the M&P Pro Series that's have APEX's Duty/Carry kit installed and while it's a nice pistol. I paid about $600 for my M&P Pro. I have a .40 S&W slide for my P226 and I never use it because 9mm is way cheaper to shoot, has good capacity, and easier to control.

However, I think the best bang for your buck is the CZ P07 (Glock 19 sized) and P-09 (Glock 17 sized). It takes the features I enjoy about my Sig P226 (External hammer with DA/SA trigger with a decocker or safety, tighter slower breech unlock and full length rails) and M&P(lighter weight polymer frame, higher capacity magazine [P07 is 15+1 P09 is 19+1 and you get polymer +2 base plates for $4 a piece], great ergonomics with a swap able back strap.) all for about $450 for the basic model (which for a compact I got) for $500 for a supressor ready model(Which I have for my full size).. The pistol shoots very accurately and is easier to control than my P226 or M&P, and has a great trigger. The only thing I don't really like is field stripping it, not that it's hard just the you have to line up two notches and drive the pin out like a 1911. Seriously if you can find a range the has one locally, I strongly urge you to shoot one. I like this pistol so much I'm probably going to sell my M&P 5" Pro to fund my LR308 Rifle build

I want a p-01 so bad.

I carry a standard (4.25") M&P 9 daily, and have an M&P 9 Pro CORE that I shoot in competition (USPSA Production and IDPA SSP). I am a long time 1911 shooter, and got into the M&Ps because they were one of first 'modern' 'striker fired' pistols with a 1911 grip angle, and and 'adjustable' grip size. I've never gotten along with Glocks because of the grip angle and shape... too many years of muscle memory.

I have thousands of rounds through my M&Ps, and also through a .40 M&P that I had a few years ago... got rid of it because I don't really like the .40. I have found them to be stone reliable and I personally like the trigger better than some of the other 'striker' guns I've fired... Springfield, Glock and FN. I have not shot some of the newcomers.

For a daily carry piece, the only thing I miss from my 1911's is the narrow width... the M&P is a bit wider, but still not as bad as a Glock. It's lighter than my steel frame 1911s, and carries more ammo than my lightweights. If I didn't already own a Kahr PM9 that's in the same size range, I would probably pick up a Shield for when I want a smaller carry package.

I'm not a fan of double/single action autos for carry (traditional Sig, Beretta, CZ,etc.), as they're difficult for many to master the transition in trigger pull. I've been an instructor for a long time, and a typical striker fired gun is easier for most. As with anything, folks that are willing to put in the time and training can master it, but that's not most shooters... KISS is a good strategy for a defensive gun for the average shooter.

Truth is, most of the stuff on the market today from the major arms makers is pretty good. Since shooting is about 90% mental, get something you like and are comfortable with, and learn it inside out. And train with it regularly.

Buddy I shoot with has 45k rounds through his M&P. It still fires and functions flawlessly.

Have you shot the P320?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT