LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

The CA Legislature hasn't done anything since Trump was elected. All the laws that went into effect since his election were enacted months prior to the election. Only the proposition on ammo background checks was on the same ballot.

Check your ILA alerts. Yes, they have.

- On Thursday, December 29, the California Department of Justice (DOJ) backed down from its proposed “emergency” regulations on large-capacity magazines, asking the Office of Administrative Law (OAL) to withdraw them from consideration.

- Earlier this week, Governor Brown formally nominated NRA-PVF "F-rated" U.S. Representative Xavier Becerra, as California’s next Attorney General, whom we expect to be confirmed by the state Legislature. The Legislature will have 90 days to confirm Becerra, with confirmation hearings expected to start on January 10th.

- Last week the California Department of Justice (DOJ) submitted regulations for the new “assault weapons” laws to the Office of Administrative Law (OAL).

- Last week, the California Department of Justice (DOJ) Privacy Office began mailing letters to certified Firearm Safety Instructors. The letter states that on October 14, 2016, DOJ inadvertently disclosed the name, date of birth, and California Driver’s License and/or Identification Card numbers of potentially every single DOJ certified Firearm Safety Instructor in California to an unknown requester. DOJ allegedly discovered the breach on October 27—well over two months ago—but is just now notifying individuals.

As if this wasn’t already cause for concern, in the recently submitted “assault weapon” regulations DOJ is attempting to include a “non-liability” clause. This clause requires all individuals who voluntarily register their firearms as “assault weapons” to hold DOJ harmless for any liability for hardware, software, information, or other issues associated with the registration process. Essentially, DOJ is requiring individuals to waive their constitutionally protected right to privacy in order to participate in their constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms!

The California Legislature has been very public about their dissatisfaction with the election of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States and will be looking for any way possible to push back. It was reported today that Democratic leadership in California have hired former United States Attorney General Eric Holder and his firm to represent California against any disputes it has with a Republican controlled White House and Congress.

Edited by m sprank

That's a really lame distinction. Why don't require everyone that has to register something with the state to sign the waiver for the "non-liability" of the disclosure by the state for any information?

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Check your ILA alerts. Yes, they have.

- On Thursday, December 29, the California Department of Justice (DOJ) backed down from its proposed “emergency” regulations on large-capacity magazines, asking the Office of Administrative Law (OAL) to withdraw them from consideration.

- Earlier this week, Governor Brown formally nominated NRA-PVF "F-rated" U.S. Representative Xavier Becerra, as California’s next Attorney General, whom we expect to be confirmed by the state Legislature. The Legislature will have 90 days to confirm Becerra, with confirmation hearings expected to start on January 10th.

- Last week the California Department of Justice (DOJ) submitted regulations for the new “assault weapons” laws to the Office of Administrative Law (OAL).

- Last week, the California Department of Justice (DOJ) Privacy Office began mailing letters to certified Firearm Safety Instructors. The letter states that on October 14, 2016, DOJ inadvertently disclosed the name, date of birth, and California Driver’s License and/or Identification Card numbers of potentially every single DOJ certified Firearm Safety Instructor in California to an unknown requester. DOJ allegedly discovered the breach on October 27—well over two months ago—but is just now notifying individuals.

As if this wasn’t already cause for concern, in the recently submitted “assault weapon” regulations DOJ is attempting to include a “non-liability” clause. This clause requires all individuals who voluntarily register their firearms as “assault weapons” to hold DOJ harmless for any liability for hardware, software, information, or other issues associated with the registration process. Essentially, DOJ is requiring individuals to waive their constitutionally protected right to privacy in order to participate in their constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms!

The California Legislature has been very public about their dissatisfaction with the election of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States and will be looking for any way possible to push back. It was reported today that Democratic leadership in California have hired former United States Attorney General Eric Holder and his firm to represent California against any disputes it has with a Republican controlled White House and Congress.

DOJ and Governor <> Legislature

Dumb things have happened, but the Legislature has not passed any new gun laws.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

That's a really lame distinction. Why don't require everyone that has to register something with the state to sign the waiver for the "non-liability" of the disclosure by the state for any information?

SC

Like a car?

Chris, I did not state that any new laws had been passed. I noted a reaction that has not yet run its course.

They attempted to slip one through and gave up after opposition (another mag ban). Otherwise they are positioning themselves now for the fight ahead.

Just keep an eye/ear out for updates. The new legislative session started 1/4.

Like a car?

Chris, I did not state that any new laws had been passed. I noted a reaction that has not yet run its course.

They attempted to slip one through and gave up after opposition (another mag ban). Otherwise they are positioning themselves now for the fight ahead.

Just keep an eye/ear out for updates. The new legislative session started 1/4.

Yes, like a car, or a bicycle, or a dog.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Penguin - your TAPS class.....

Have you seen Mac's Panteao DVDs? How close is his teaching style to what is portrayed on those DVDs?

I'm working through his Pistol TAPS DVD, now. The carbine one is on the way. I *_really_* enjoy his teaching style iso far, and am getting my money out of the videos.

Lining up this coming season's classes, and trying to do some planning. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

His class personality is like the videos just with more profanity, and some good natured ribbing. Plus the benefit of actual personal level instruction and pointers. I hope to take another TAPS class this year or next to gauge my progress. I have the carbine video, but not pistol. Need to buy the pistol TAPS video.

I need to get to one of his classes, then! :) Thanks. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I may have, at times, been all Seven Shooters. :lol::redface::lol:

I guess the Army has selected the SIG P320 to replace the M9 Beretta as the standard issue sidearm. Suck it Glock.

I have to admit that my Wife's P320 has grown on me although I still lean towards my VP9. The fact the P320 is totally modular is a huge advantage. Maybe I should buy another one and send the firearm part to Bruce Gray for trigger work.

I guess the Army has selected the SIG P320 to replace the M9 Beretta as the standard issue sidearm. Suck it Glock.

I have to admit that my Wife's P320 has grown on me although I still lean towards my VP9. The fact the P320 is totally modular is a huge advantage. Maybe I should buy another one and send the firearm part to Bruce Gray for trigger work.

Yeah, that is what everyone is saying. I left Shot Show a couple hours before the announcement was made, would have loved to be at the Glock booth when they all found out :lol::lol:.

It will be interesting to see how the final army P320 is configured.

Cheap, reliable, user configurable, easy to maintain, good ergonomics for virtually any shooter, and very accurate.

My guess is Big Army will get a full size 4.7" bbl with 17 or 21 round mags and full size frame. And other units and plain clothes Army investigators will get the compact, as will aviation.