LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

So sm00vem00ve ported his 20g and still experienced creep. I wonder what the current 20g wastegate opening is compared to the stock 54 wastegate opening. From what I can tell no one has attempted to port the stock turbo so maybe this is the way.

Just to clarify this in again, the housing ended up having a crack in it and Jackal had it ported with upgraded springs iirc, though I still think it would have overboosted if it was completely fine. I might be looking to get a custom header made with an EWG plumbed back in with a t3/t4 flange that another member is currently doing now so I can run a slightly bigger turbo and hopefully not have to worry about these problems anymore..

Yup a protune is what you need in your life haha, I was getting crazy FBN when on the OTS map before, can only imagine how bad it was all stock before I got the AP to monitor it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes Jason got ahold of me and we should be coming to a conclusion of what is going on with the downpipes....that and it seems that a true 1 vs 1 on the dyno is gonna happen but remember that these results will be off of my cars set-up so results may still vary lol. I am actually interested to watch all of this go down and my kids will be there and will get to see some cool dyno runs. Whenever my car is on the dyno my anxiety goes through the the roof....please don't break, please don't break ha ha

Yes Jason got ahold of me and we should be coming to a conclusion of what is going on with the downpipes....that and it seems that a true 1 vs 1 on the dyno is gonna happen but remember that these results will be off of my cars set-up so results may still vary lol. I am actually interested to watch all of this go down and my kids will be there and will get to see some cool dyno runs. Whenever my car is on the dyno my anxiety goes through the the roof....please don't break, please don't break ha ha

Do you have a schedule yet? I'd like to hang out if I'm free and if the guys at the garage don't mind.

I don't know what's going on and I have nothing to report since they got ahold of me the first time. They said they wanted you guys to email them....well keep emailing them until they figure out or fix the problem! I am not to excited about the response to your problems from Nameless, so keep sending them messages until we can get this figured out

This little market has spent some big bucks on a setup that was touted, and still is according to their website, as being superior. We could make life very difficult for them if we chose to take to social media and spread in the local community that their products are defective.

This little market has spent some big bucks on a setup that was touted, and still is according to their website, as being superior. We could make life very difficult for them if we chose to take to social media and spread in the local community that their products are defective.

Maybe it's about time, has anyone posted reviews for the downpipe on their site? Adding a few comments about how it's conducive to overboost might get their attention

If I may offer some devil's advocate thoughts:

-The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you want to get a response from Nameless, getting multiple people to contact them will be worth more than a few who choose to be loud or obnoxious. (I'm not saying you are being that way, just that numbers mean more.)

-If you want Nameless to offer a solution at their expense you must take away the possibility that they could argue (reasonably) that the issue does not really exist, or is an installation problem. I think you need logs from multiple people that say that over boosting is unavoidable in its current configuration. Opinions from multiple tuners would be worth even more. Logs of over boosting on 0 WGDC maps would be ideal.

Just my thoughts

I don't know how much any of us can do anymore....we have emailed them, called them, and they know there is a problem. I can only complain so much on your part, because mine works and I would start sounding like an ass if I complained too much lol. I think It might be time to take this further than our little forum here....you guys paid for a product and the company hasn't delivered the product promised. Multiple avenues of approach and to be honest they aren't making anything new for our cars and it sucks, I am starting to feel like they have almost just given up on the 5th gen community

Damn this is a bit depressing. Has anyone had issues with the invidia catless? From my research there are VERY few options for downpipes

Many guys have had the Invidia catless and have had overboost issues as well, but none that I know of that couldn't be fixed with some good tuning, aftermarket EBCS and a port and polish of the wastegate.

Many guys have had the Invidia catless and have had overboost issues as well, but none that I know of that couldn't be fixed with some good tuning, aftermarket EBCS and a port and polish of the wastegate.

Hmm but the same cannot be done for the nameless?

Have you read this thread? There are few of these guys with NP DP that didn't really have overboost issues, the rest did, BAD. Is it elevation dependent? Variations in tuning? Variations in wastegate housing castings? We just don't know.

It probably can; I don't think anyone has tried that yet so we're not completely sure. But the Invidia downpipe wasn't designed and advertised to have no overboost. And we know it's possible, as we have 3 known examples that are pre-group buy.

Yeah I do not know if anyone has gone to the trouble of porting the WG on a stock turbo. Why wouldn't you go 18 or 20g if you have the whole thing apart anyway. It would be very interesting to see though. Nameless should correct the issue by only selling a DP package. "Nameless 5th gen downpipe kit $2000.00 with a free 18g turbo included".:lol:

Have you read this thread? There are few of these guys with NP DP that didn't really have overboost issues, the rest did, BAD. Is it elevation dependent? Variations in tuning? Variations in wastegate housing castings? We just don't know.

It probably can; I don't think anyone has tried that yet so we're not completely sure. But the Invidia downpipe wasn't designed and advertised to have no overboost. And we know it's possible, as we have 3 known examples that are pre-group buy.

Okay, now I understand why everyone is livid about this. When I order my catback I will bug the sales person about it and see what they say. Once im back from vacation ill grab a dp and let everyone know how it goes for me.

As soon as the Grimmspeed TMIC arrives, I will have all the pieces to go Stage2 and I will be heading down this route, but it may be slow-ish. I should probably start discussing all of this with Travis at Snail Performance.

If you could demonstrate that the older dp works and the newer one doesn't, that would probably count for a lot.

I'm in a similar boat as far as not having tons of cash to drop on re tunes. I like the sound of my catback but now the car over boosts on occasion and I just don't want to pay to tune it out.

If you could demonstrate that the older dp works and the newer one doesn't, that would probably count for a lot.

I'm in a similar boat as far as not having tons of cash to drop on re tunes. I like the sound of my catback but now the car over boosts on occasion and I just don't want to pay to tune it out.

That's the idea. I can do the install with either the new or old design first, I'll let him make that call, take it up to Travis and have him tune it.

If we use the old design first and everything goes well, then I can drive for a while to make sure there is no overboost, swap to the new design and see if I get overboost.

Or, install the new design first, see if he can tune it without overboost, and if not, swap to the old one right there and have him have another go at it the following morning under the same ambient conditions. In this case I would spend the night up there to save the 2+ hour 1-way drive.

Edited by GTEASER