LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed 05-09 LGT Intake - Any Interest?

That's another mitigation!

If a silicone piece only lasted 7-10 years I guess that's still pretty good considering how long people I know generally own cars for. For most people I know, that is considered lasting the lifetime of the vehicle. :lol: They go through cars as frequently as they change underwear.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how GrimmSpeed takes the time to respond to just about every single response!

Well if people have questions or want to engage in an intelligent discussion what am I going to do? Ignore them? :p

so ready to to pull the trigger on this!

Me too friend, me too. Might have to buy an LGT to go with it though... Or maybe I'll just make it a big MAF for my FXT...

I currently have a Cobb SF intake and in doing some routine maintenance I noticed that there was some significant rubbing occurring between the post MAF silicone tube and a plastic piece attached to the engine. I'm sure this wear has occurred over a long period of time but is a concern for a potential long term failure. Here is a picture I took of the tube and the interfering piece. The silicone material is definitely thinner than the rest of the tube. I suspect that I could live a couple extra years before the silicone tube fails and that area wears through.

Does the GrimmSpeed intake or transition tube rub the same plastic component on the engine? If so, has there been any thought of long term wear that would lead to a potential failure?

A potential solution is to shave down that plastic piece so it doesn't touch the tube, but I haven't really looked at the piece for any length of time to see if that's possible.

That's not an issue that we've encountered with our intake. Granted, any sort of silicone coupler in that location should rub that nub if that particular hose does, and there is really nothing that can be done about it short of shaving that piece of plastic if you wish to retain the TGVs. However, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head, that after many years it still isn't an issue.

However, the only advantage here is that if something were to happen and it somehow rubbed through rapidly, or if it rubs through in 8 years, you would just replace the coupler. If it were to rub through rapidly, obviously there would be an issue that needs solving and we would go that route, but I doubt that is the case.

I know it's not the most satisfactory answer, but we haven't seen it as an issue, and we don't anticipate it to be one. If it somehow ended up being one, we would solve it!

The plastic piece being the TGV motor? Just delete the TGV's!

Yeah, see? Just delete em! :p

Chase.

bruh.

dat intake.... we needs them.

Bruv, I know and I'm totally just holding out on everyone. I actually have them all spread out on the floor of my office, and I'm practicing my backstroke on them just like Scrouge McDuck in his vault of gold coins. And while doing that I just keep saying "All for Chase, all for Chase."

Alright, that's not true. Patience young derp! They're coming ;)

Chase

Engineering

Making this one of my Xmas gifts to myself. I'm selfish about the car mods, always end up with everything before anyone can even ask what I want :)

Can't wait. So are you putting this gb up on nastysoc like the tmic?

Bruv, I know and I'm totally just holding out on everyone. I actually have them all spread out on the floor of my office, and I'm practicing my backstroke on them just like Scrouge McDuck in his vault of gold coins. And while doing that I just keep saying "All for Chase, all for Chase."

Alright, that's not true. Patience young derp! They're coming ;)

Chase

Engineering

I knew it! :lol:

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I actually have them all spread out on the floor of my office, and I'm practicing my backstroke on them just like Scrouge McDuck in his vault of gold coins. And while doing that I just keep saying "All for Chase, all for Chase."

So many weird metal surfaces and edges, that's just gotta be painful.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Making this one of my Xmas gifts to myself. I'm selfish about the car mods, always end up with everything before anyone can even ask what I want :)

Can't wait. So are you putting this gb up on nastysoc like the tmic?

HAHAHA! I have the same "problem." Being an unmarried, childless adult certainly has it's advantages. Buy myself Xmas gifts all year long :p

I'd be really surprised if we don't put this on Nasioc, so even though I don't run the group buy I feel okay about saying yes.

I knew it! :lol:

Secret's out!

So many weird metal surfaces and edges, that's just gotta be painful.

Different strokes?? :eek:

You haven't met Chase, you guys don't even know ;)

Truer words have never been typed.

All I know is I'm spraying my intake down with Lysol when I get it:spin:

Lysol?!?!?! I'm running mine through a bleach bath!

Both good ideas, you don't know where I've been. Even though we do clean them here one last time (3rd time they're cleaned in their short intake lives) before they get packaged up, one more time can't hurt :p

Do we know when the group buy will be posted?

Not the exact day yet. However, if you click this obnoxiously large link and sign up, you can get an email alert when it goes live, instead of having to check this thread daily:

Click here to signup for the GrimmSpeed LGT Intake Updates Newsletter!

I'm not going to promise a date, because when I'm wrong LGT owner will riot, but I'll be shocked if it's not in the next 2 weeks. I'm hoping for Monday myself...

Want in on the group buy!! Woo Grimmspeed. USA MADE

And I want you in on the group buy as well. I too share the same excitement for being made in the USA, as well as GrimmSpeed. Click that link right above here and sign up if you want that email verification when it goes live. And thank you for the support!

Chase

Engineering

Subscribed for the RED, I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THIS.

Signed up. Looking forward to this.

Me too! We were talking about starting the GB next Monday, but we'll also be out doing some testing at the dyno for a different vehicle all day so we'll see if we can get it started.

Chaseypoo, does this mean I can come give your prototype back yet?

It does not. I promise you the first two times when I said "I will contact you when you can pick one up" I was telling the truth! But just for good measure:

I will contact you when you can pick up a coated pipe!

so... ready! i hear my dyno session creeping up on me!

Ugh, I can't believe it's October already!

Let's say I have the following mods.

GS tmic, up, ebcs

vf52

Cobb dp

avo cans

k&n panel

dw850's, 65c fuel pump.

How many rpms faster will my turbo spool with this intake?

I'm not sure, that's not a batch of modifications that we tested. You'll have to test it out and let us know! ;)

The turbo just explodes from sheer, unbridled power the instant you turn your car over.

I can not confirm if this is true. When we're talking about turbo sheering explosion-level power production, use at your own risk.

Chase

Engineering

Any pics of what a this would look like in an engine bay that was dressed up in GrimmSpeed goods?

I'm contemplating on whether or not I should get this in black or red. I already have the alternator cover and radiator shroud in red.

Me too! We were talking about starting the GB next Monday, but we'll also be out doing some testing at the dyno for a different vehicle all day so we'll see if we can get it started.

Oh wow - that's coming up quick. Excellent..

Let's say I have the following mods.

GS tmic, up, ebcs

vf52

Cobb dp

avo cans

k&n panel

dw850's, 65c fuel pump.

How many rpms faster will my turbo spool with this intake?

Our cars are IDENTICAL except I have a Magniflow cbe. I'm 100% buying this intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived