LegacyGT.com

Time for a new short block

Since we are on that brand, stay away from these. They suck in snow for every car they come on. Having them on my Accord as 19s they were doomed from the start but even as 17s on the Chevy Cruze they suck hard.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiProContact

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That rubber looks hard.. the best thing about working at UPS is some tires I've wanted people order so I get to see them in person I used to run the Firestone Winterforce when I had my '95 Legacy and those were pretty damn good.

Also got get the car registered again I'm wondering if I can get that done in person instead of having to mail it in.

Tomorrow it's going to be in the low 20's so last time I checked when it was 42F out I heard the smallest piston slap but it was nothing I was hearing with Wiseco pistons so I'm happy about that.

Sometime next week between Fri and Sat going to bring the car home from where I have it stored meanwhile it's starting that time at work were I'm going to get home at 9PM each night so no more free days.. well maybe a few more Saturday and maybe Sunday but that will be about it.

I'm pretty sure I can but can the condenser come out without removing the radiator?

Also I'm going to get a Bosal 286-567 to replace the hacked up factory to the 3" axleback they have on the car now and put on the nameless exhausts on. At least the flange would no longer be the lowest point on the car anymore.

Sometime next week between Fri and Sat going to bring the car home from where I have it stored meanwhile it's starting that time at work were I'm going to get home at 9PM each night so no more free days.. well maybe a few more Saturday and maybe Sunday but that will be about it.

I'm pretty sure I can but can the condenser come out without removing the radiator?

Also I'm going to get a Bosal 286-567 to replace the hacked up factory to the 3" axleback they have on the car now and put on the nameless exhausts on. At least the flange would no longer be the lowest point on the car anymore.

I've replaced the radiator but I'm sure you at least have to move it back to get to the condenser.

Took my car to see if they could get that bolt out of the header for the oxygen sensor they were not able to.. at first they were going to charge a min of $100 but it ended up being no charge.. now for whatever they did ever since that time my car has a rough idle my vac shows about -20inHg if I bring the car up to 2k it will show -22inHg which was my normal idle before taking it to the shop.. I'm thinking a exhaust leak by him twisting or whatever the hell was going on.. meanwhile I got a used RH mani coming in on Friday to replace the one on the car now.. since I have to do that I will be replacing both crossover gaskets for the manifold.

I might put studs back onto my turbo instead of just using bolts.

What are the odds the dealer has turbo studs unless I can find the other 5 I need.. I'm sure they might charge like $3-5 each. I still need to clean out my trunk maybe it wont make the saggy butt look so bad.

I might leave the mid pipe for next week because I'm going to get the nameless exhaust. btw these grimmspeed thick gaskets are nice!

Sorry I can't recall if my dealer had studs or if they had to order them. Either way call them before 9AM so if they have to order them, may be they can have them for tomorrow. I have at least one new stud as a spare.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah I'm sure one way or another it wont be too hard to find.. one question if I remove the uppipe or disconnect the uppipe from the cross pipe will the turbo stay up on it's own? I have a feeling I might need to support the down pipe with a jack as I don't have the bracket.

yes it will stay in place. I have removed my up pipe without pulling the turbo. Remember I bolt the turbo to the up pipe. I didn't have the studs to worry about.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Man those conti DWS tires are shit in light snow last week when we got the first dusting I could feel the steering was a bit disconnected but today coming into the job parking lot they did not put any salt down just plowed so it started to ice over.. good thing i was not coming in fast I was able to turn enough into the skip that my front bumper was high enough that it went over the curb.. each year they hire these assholes that never put any salt or sand down.. having said that I might have to keep these tires as summer and still get winters I don’t feel confident at all as far as turning. I’ve had firestone winter force and the general altermax winter tires

Ice is hard to turn on with most any tire.

Yesterday's light, dry snow the car did feel a little skidish, but once I got out on the mian roads where they had salted the new DWS's were fine.

Just remember they are a good all season tire, not a true snow tire. I have driven them to VT in a snow storm and had no issues.

They don't put salt down in the work parking lot.. they just push it with a front loader and it freezes up and we have a skating rink!

Even crossing lanes the car does not feel too stable I'm going to keep these as my summer tires

Also my boost gauge broke yesterday lol... time to get a Defi now... funny thing is my gauge was a mechanical gauge t hat broke.

Ok I'm pretty some one of the fuel injectors have crapped out.. this is what I noticed normally idle at 14.7 or so.. now it would be 16+ AFR.. but while in boost around 15 or 12 AFR.. at idle the AFR would be always jumping up and down at least 8 points..

Today when driving on the highway I give it some fuel and I had a huge loud bang and my AFR is full rich at 10.0 AFR no hoses that I can see have came off but with it running full rich it has to be a fuel injector issue?

I noticed the 2300-3000 RPM range I had a a lot of hesitation that would cause the car to buck in the lower gears no matter how smooth you tried to roll on the throttle.

If I don't have to work tomorrow I will try installing the stock injectors again.

I wonder if my front wheel bearing is starting to get kind of loud.. well I should say audible.. I noticed what sounded like the left front under highway speeds holding the throttle steady.. after all I've done it should be cake to change.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived