LegacyGT.com

Time for a new short block

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little more progress today Home Depot was short on flange nuts so I only got two out of the three more I need. I got the AC pulley off with the jaw puller crazy after it came off it started to turn again but doesn't matter anyways going to change it out.

My calipers have got to change as well as the rotors the brake line is rusted I'm not sure how I'm going to change to braded lines?

Drained and filled the transmission fluid the magnetic plug was pretty much full but nothing odd about the fluid other than it being old. Tomorrow I will install the beltsb40fe6ddf44521ad314650b52c8110c1.jpg03eb508c09ec26ef9a09d2e0c7e3f48b.jpg35efe8cff3bef56a1aace754fb53dc1f.jpg7c4e81c56199c83dc67322cc49e4ff50.jpg

If the brakes will work, I would not mess with the flex lines right now. The rust on the rotors will clean off once the car is rolling and the brakes are used.

This stuff works great for rust, https://www.google.com/search?q=Aerokroil&oq=Aerokroil&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.17260j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If the brakes will work, I would not mess with the flex lines right now. The rust on the rotors will clean off once the car is rolling and the brakes are used.

This stuff works great for rust, https://www.google.com/search?q=Aerokroil&oq=Aerokroil&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.17260j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yeah kano used to send me order forms to order them but I see Amazon sells it now too so I might order some that way.

Can't wait to click over from 201,845 the belts are on now

I might be taking a hole saw to my firewall if I can't get any response soon.. the wideband sensor is the biggest connector plus I'd run the boost line in the same area.. just hoping to come out a little on the passenger side just past the center ventsa21d7aa5a389a4bf155b9d96bfc239e8.jpge1ffcfd21a1bc8a2c7eab7327cf07be4.jpg

I entered my wideband thru the large plug to the right of the passenger strut. The plug you showed goes to the sensor? Hopefully the plug to the gauge is smaller to enter from the engine bay thru the firewall. I also used silicone spray to help slide the connector/harness thru... that stuff is like automotive KY and dries residue free.

I entered my wideband thru the large plug to the right of the passenger strut. The plug you showed goes to the sensor? Hopefully the plug to the gauge is smaller to enter from the engine bay thru the firewall. I also used silicone spray to help slide the connector/harness thru... that stuff is like automotive KY and dries residue free.

The plug you see is from the gauge to the sensor

It doesn't disconnect at the gauge? That is what d22597 is saying to do. Disconnect from gauge and feed the smaller end through the firewall to the gauge.

Motor sounds healthy, glad to see it running! Great job!

Yeah I think it does lol as far as the motor too much fuel so it has to be scaled back

Ugh crap the location where the o2sensor goes the bung is on so tight it started to round a bit.. I need the wideband location. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the area for the oxygen sensor out

Best place for a wide band is close to the turbo outlet, with in 12". 6-12" is ideal if I recall.

Just checked my pictures from the race car, looks like we did about 6"-8" from the turbo flange.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yeah I installed it where it should go, now I need to free and unstick the area were the oxygen sensor should go I'm not sure if it's rusted or just very tight.. could not get the rear o2 sensor off it too was so tight my oxygen sensor socket had no issues rounding it off.

Need to find the vac leak the engine of it does idle it will be around -15 inhg if you open the throttle then close it it will go near -30inhg which is normal..

I doubt the injectors would cause the idle to be like that? But then again if it does idle it's slow due to the extra fuel.062611e06c955c58f7acc8bfdfe91259.jpg28da9c298e1da649ed5c968c3da6c6d2.jpg

Did you use a screw type hose clamp around the O2 socket to keep it from spreading ?
No.. but I doubt that would of helped I saw where the last owner put the oxygen sensor in the wideband spot and I did not have to touch that and see it's rounded out..

So I just need to get a new rear 02 sensor..

However I will probably get a e-tune week after next exhaust is on now just minus 3 bolts 40mm is too long for the sides and under

OMG that filter area! Oh and CONGRATS ON INSTALL!

It's a lot of work just to get to the filter it's crazy! I will be ordering some filters to replace it with! The install went well everything after that went pretty fast which I'm happy of.

It's a lot of work just to get to the filter it's crazy! I will be ordering some filters to replace it with! The install went well everything after that went pretty fast which I'm happy of.

There is suppose to be a conversion kit to make it less of a batch, it was posted like 4 times in one of the "what did you do to your 4th gen?" posts but I forgot to snag it and toss it into my build procrastination thread notes.

There is suppose to be a conversion kit to make it less of a batch, it was posted like 4 times in one of the "what did you do to your 4th gen?" posts but I forgot to snag it and toss it into my build procrastination thread notes.

Hmm I never knew they had a conversion thing for that.. also the AC lost its charge no pressure with the manifold gauges

Yea they came out with a upgrade kit for the cabin air filter back in 2006. Should be able to get it from a dealer.

May be someday, I'll check mine in the wagon.

Hey, I think I have a spare rear O2 sensor in the shed. It has the yellow wrapping.

Yea, they made a retro fit kit for the cabin air filter in the 05's.

hmm going to need that 02 sensor as soon as I get to drive it going to be a nice early birthday gift :D

Going to install the new head unit on Saturday but I'm trying to figure out if I can pry the dash away from the front window in order to stick the gps wire down that way.

I'm guessing there is enough space to slip some wire in that gap.

Let me know when its running may be I can meet you half way.

Archived