LegacyGT.com

Time for a new short block

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good progress...

Hmm I got the lower studs and mounts in but is it normal to still have a 2 inch or so gap at the top? I wonder if the splines are not lined up if I recall all the other motors I dropped in when you get those two lines up the gap at the top is like less than a inch or so.

Remember I told you about when I had to raise the back of the car to get that to line up.

Remember to check the clutch fork and make sure it didn't fall off the pivot ball.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Remember I told you about when I had to raise the back of the car to get that to line up.

Remember to check the clutch fork and make sure it didn't fall off the pivot ball.

The angle was not really that great like I thought it would be.. what would happen was if I had no jacks in the front and jacked the rear then the hoist legs would be pinned under the car.. After about 2 hours of wondering why my motor was far away from the transmission a guy was like you have it on the 2 ton setting :lol: I was like DOH! After that it was time to play find the holes then line the splines up.

The only issue I have is the new radiator and that smaller nipple.. despite ordering the '08 wrx hose for that spot the hose is still too big..

Also I did put the battery in I did not do the ground straps yet but when I turn the car on my temp gauge is pegged hot for some reason.. I'm almost 99% sure sure I plugged up all the connections before I wrapped it up.

And yes Fuel will not prime until the main harness is connected.. tomorrow (Early I promise) I gotta get the gauges installed.. probably will prime the motor with oil still can't start because of the coolant.. but not that the car would idle or run at all with 850cc injectors.

Change out the slave cylinder for clutch and flush brakes and all.

• Moderators
Not going to read the whole thread, but fill the radiator with nothing but water. Once you are sure that everything is running right, fill it with antifreeze mix as needed. This is assuming the car isn't going to see freezing temps until you iron out any potential issues.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Oh man....it looks like its about that time...been lurking here at your thread. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lol yeah almost I just figure out the coolant thing putting one ground strap on kinda lowered it from pegged hot but it's still showing hot with the car on..

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'll do some searching around..

Here is me building oil pressure looks to be just around 46 psi on the cranking speed alone.

excuse the excitement hearing it crank and building oil pressure after 4 years was hard to contain.

Go back over the wiring and make sure the main connector is tight on the right fender. Wish I could remember what the fix was for the temp gauge going to hot.

Go back over the wiring and make sure the main connector is tight on the right fender. Wish I could remember what the fix was for the temp gauge going to hot.

I figure when it locked into place with the lock bar it would be good

Idle if it will idle at all is erratic with 850cc injectors I'm sure I can find a default setting just so I can idle? I'm not too concerned about tip in throttle at the moment.. that's what the e tune is for but I want to at least get the oil changed after the 15 min

So, "idle"

So your telling us this thing actually started....I'm impressed.

Clean up that wire with a little IPA and seal it with RTV.

So, "idle"

So your telling us this thing actually started....I'm impressed.

Clean up that wire with a little IPA and seal it with RTV.

Yes it started and ran right now too much fuel not enough air so I had to work the throttle a bit

Archived