LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Short Shift Adapter

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Subaru doesn't have a copyright on the Pleiades constellation itself. I'm sure he could figure something out if he really wanted to.

TRUE! he probably went to sell them here and someone said hey man you can't sell name branded things (since them calls it "subaru", "audi", etc hats) and he just said **** it, etsy is for artist not businessmen.

I'm going to put in an order once they are "open" again after Christmas. Since its all custom, I could do a group order, of sorts, for those interested?

To keep it simple I'd suggest all in one color combination.

I would get in on that if we could work out the shipping to not be to crazy. and i agree with keeping everything one color combo... though i am partial to the blue w/ yellows stars

Could just ship/carry all but one south of the border, and sometime down here could stuff them into bubble wrap mailers and ship 'em out USPS first class. Not sure if that would save enough money to be worth it, but it's an option.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally installed this adapter. Healthy respect for that roll pin. Going 2 to 3 is the real winner for me in this upgrade. I always felt like I had to reach for 3. Not any more.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
Could also take a piece of medium-grit sandpaper and lightly do a couple passes around the stub. You don't want to get too aggressive, just enough to clean off some of the road dirt and corrosion.

Finally got everything to work :) and installed the Perrin bushing as well, love it! I am experience some trouble with 6th gear though sometimes it goes in it smoothly and sometimes I have to trie several times to get it into gear. Anyone else experienced this?

Finally got everything to work :) and installed the Perrin bushing as well, love it! I am experience some trouble with 6th gear though sometimes it goes in it smoothly and sometimes I have to trie several times to get it into gear. Anyone else experienced this?

You may have moved the cables slightly when you were installing the bushing. You should make absolute sure nothing is loose or out of alignment under the car, then when everything else is determined to be good. Take off the shifter boot and see if the shift stop might be off by a little bit, chances are it moved slightly and is not lining up properly.

Sliding side to side a little is okay, but the o-rings on the outside of the bushing should keep it centered in the hoop. Points for ingenuity on the bobby pin to keep things together, but for the long term, it's probably worth picking up a replacement cotter pin at a local hardware store.

Archived