LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Short Shift Adapter

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have to hit the pin dead straight on and it will come out even though it doesn't seem like it will budge. It is a big PITA but that is what you have to do. I used a socket and extension on my punch to get a good angle on the pin.

Thanks!

You were of course correct. However, my punch just wasn't doing the trick to remove both the inner and outer components of the pin at the same time. I used a 3/8" drive hex bit socket that was a bit smaller than my punch and was able to separate the inner and outer pieces. After that, the punch made short work of the rest of it and I had my Boomba piece installed not 10 minutes later.

What a difference!

• 1 month later...
Alright, just to triple check, the boomba short shift lever for the 15 WRX is a direct swap for the STI short shifter in my 2010 GT, correct? I saw people had it installed, I just want to know if there was any headaches making it work with the LGT.

Alright, just to triple check, the boomba short shift lever for the 15 WRX is a direct swap for the STI short shifter in my 2010 GT, correct? I saw people had it installed, I just want to know if there was any headaches making it work with the LGT.

Yes it works, but there's something wonky about the throws being shorter in 5-6 than in 1-2.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/short-shifter-did-go-wrongi-251891.html?t=251891&highlight=boomba

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/boomba-stick-uneven-throws-245289.html?t=245289&highlight=boomba

Please keep the Boomba short shift lever info in a Boomba thread, not this one.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add to this. Since install I was using the stock shift knob and got very used to it, to the point that I didn't think I needed a weighted shift knob. I recently came across a used Raceseng Ashiko and said wth i'll try it for the price.

I get it now.....it's just shifts so smooth.

Just wanted to add to this. Since install I was using the stock shift knob and got very used to it, to the point that I didn't think I needed a weighted shift knob. I recently came across a used Raceseng Ashiko and said wth i'll try it for the price.

I get it now.....it's just shifts so smooth.

haha, I had the same thought. Especially when you consider the price is over $100 for one of the Raceseng shift knobs. After install and paired with the Perrin bushing and SSA, I have absolutely no regrets

Heh.

For colour reference, mine is the charcoal translucent powder coated and Blk's is uncoated, I think. Mine is virtually identical colour to the console trim. The powder coating seams to be enough to keep it from getting really hot or cold, so I'd definitely recommend the powder coating.

• 3 months later...
The only thing I seriously have come to dislike is when it's freezing out. The Ashiko is like holding an ice cube. After 45 mins, the thing is still ice cold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The delrin Slammology warms up pretty quick. The downside is it isn't quite as heavy as the ashiko

The only thing I seriously have come to dislike is when it's freezing out. The Ashiko is like holding an ice cube. After 45 mins, the thing is still ice cold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is true. With the powder coating you never feel like you hand will freeze to it, but yeah.. It can stay cold for hours with all that mass.

Needs a beanie.

Archived