LegacyGT.com

5th Gen GT Finds

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3771527

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3765622

How can they both be that cheap? I saw the blue one a few days ago and wondered if everything was kosher.

Though I have noticed Subarus in Utah are cheaper.

Edited by Falcor

That blue one is a rebuilt title.

The silver one doesn't look the greatest in the photos. I don't know how well it was treated but they have done quite a bit of maintenance on it recently. Paint has a lot of dents dings and scratches.

How can they both be that cheap? I saw the blue one a few days ago and wondered if everything was kosher.

Though I have noticed Subarus in Utah are cheaper.

The 2011 has a reconstructed title, so that will affect its value.

I paid $14,500 for my 2012 with 93k miles. I also had a bunch travel and shipping expenses. (I spent about $1500 out of pocket, but I used about $600 in frequent flyer and hotel points)

At times the LGT sell quickly and at other times the sales seem to take a while. Many people do not realize the 5th Gen LGT even exists, so the market is limited.

A bunch of 5th Gen LGT sold this spring and few of them have lingered. I suspect the number of buyers who are willing to travel as dwindling and they are pockets of buyers looking for local examples.

the upside is, it will continue to get cheaper to get a parts car....

The downside is if the trend continues for cheap values is that fixable cars become parts cars. The common 4th Gen LGT/OBXT (excepts Wagon's and SpecB) at this point are only worth $1k more than the 2.5i's examples in the book value and the craigslist ads seem to back that up. Any big repair on the 4th Gen makes it a parts car unless its rare model or in exceptional condition.

At least book value wise for the 5th Gen LGT their is still a significant gap for the different models.

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3771527

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3765622

I am the proud new owner of the 2011. I'm not sure why the KSL ad is still active almost 2 weeks later...

The guy I bought it from said that it was a rebuilt title because of "front end damage". I took it to a buddy of mine that runs a body shop and he looked it over and said that it never at any point sustained and damage to the front end. He showed me that it was hit on the passenger side between the front door and the front quarter panel. He also told me that it shouldn't have been totaled for that amount of damage.

When I called State Farm to add it to my policy they ran the VIN and told me that their search didn't show anything about it being a rebuilt title.

I still need to pull a carfax on it to confirm...

Just got a Facebook message from the parts guy at the dealership I bought from.

2012 Legacy 2.5GT 50k miles in RRP. On lot at Napleton Schaumburg Subaru.

http://i63.tinypic.com/mkvdzc.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

Swung by the dealership last night to gather a bit more info on this gem since I live only about 10 minutes away. VIN 1004588 (incorrectly written as 1004558 on the window sticker), looks to be a previously undiscovered VIN according to the Last 227 thread.

VIN: 1004588

Year: 2012

Color: Ruby Red Pearl

Mileage ~50.1K

Dealership says its a single owner car, and other than some shoddily-done plasti-dip on the rear badges, the car is immaculate inside and out. Interior is literally PERFECT. This is probably one of the last 2012 gems left out there. Looks to be loaded with just about every option available too, but overall the car appears virtually completely stock except for a few small things. Here's what I could spot:

-Plastidip'd front grille

-Plastidip'd read badges/emblem

-M3-style eBay stick-on trunk spoiler (also looks plasti-dip'd)

-Tanabe front strut bar

-Carbon interior trim (was this a factory option?)

And now for the bad news: the price. I personally know the owner of this dealership, and I know he loves Legacy's GT's, and is fully aware of the rareness of the fifth gen's, and the further rareness of the 2012's, so they know what they've got. The listing price: roughly $22k. :(

8n8gM1H.thumb.jpg.ed131e61a098e4ef7cbf1e098842bab1.jpg

wbkWcdg.thumb.jpg.66f0675cb8f51494d9117a0554156313.jpg

bB2SZ0y.thumb.jpg.3ba646643cf45f0cca95cc14bb8526b9.jpg

8pBy8eP.thumb.jpg.c9ce39b4c7fc4c46fabf8bae37ccbd5c.jpg

XVrizJg.thumb.jpg.643d4be795bed21483871c47cd292642.jpg

WxUhCd6.thumb.jpg.8a2241e2eb21894efae31e25199d8848.jpg

IVXLc1s.thumb.jpg.30936544d1657b2c40e838cf7225a1bd.jpg

atwpnUY.thumb.jpg.a2ebe906a971b13df29d3dfc44b7ee0c.jpg

Ncc4VF1.thumb.jpg.f685025d9f41eb02d42fc9bd4ddab3a5.jpg

ndCAuqM.thumb.jpg.52acc403e762ff2c2090e3b2c8cdb55a.jpg

All 2011 & 2012 2.5GT have the carbon fiber trim. (The sport models have it as well)

If you could get it for $20K, IMO it is probably a fair deal. I don't think completely out of ball park. Their was 33k and 40k miles examples of 2012 Legacy GT that were advertised for $24k and $23k and they sold really quickly this spring. I was kind of surprise they sold so quickly at those prices. The 25K mile 2010 that was posted a few page back seem to have sold recently, but it sat for more than 2 months listed at $22k. Their was a flurry of buying and selling activity of 5th Gen Legacy 2.5GT this spring, but its seem like the cars are now taking awhile to sell.

RRP is my favorite of the GT colors. If someone wanted a nice 2012 SWP with some nice mods, I would be willing to trade with cash on my end for this car :D

Pretty sure the carbon fiber trim was only 2012.

Too bad the car is in salt country, I would hate to see the underside. Hopefully it was a fair weather car and garaged in the winter.

My '11 has the "carbon fiber" trim, and I believe it was a factory option for '11 and '12, but not '10. I could be wrong, though.

Pretty sure the carbon fiber trim was only 2012.

Too bad the car is in salt country, I would hate to see the underside. Hopefully it was a fair weather car and garaged in the winter.

I checked a bit of the underside, seemed very well kept from what I could see, so it definitely may have been garage kept and not winter'd.

My '11 has the "carbon fiber" trim, and I believe it was a factory option for '11 and '12, but not '10. I could be wrong, though.

It must have been with the Limited trim in 2011. I know for a fact that all 2012 cars were Limited (no choice of premium) and had the carbon trim.

that faux wood shouldve never been used in the 2010s...

I agree. I also think that the faux carbon is pretty corny, myself. From what I can see in pictures, the "special appearance package" faux woodgrain on the the outbacks looks much better than the earlier faux wood.

It must have been with the Limited trim in 2011. I know for a fact that all 2012 cars were Limited (no choice of premium) and had the carbon trim.

All '11 LGTs were limited and had the carbon trim. Visually, the only difference I can think of between '11 & '12 LGT is the darker wheels, steering wheel airbag, and the non-nav head units.

All '11 LGTs were limited and had the carbon trim. Visually, the only difference I can think of between '11 & '12 LGT is the darker wheels, steering wheel airbag, and the non-nav head units.

And pillow ball trailing arm bushings in the rear, redesigned and strengthened front control arm mounting points, steering column damper and strengthening.

that faux wood shouldve never been used in the 2010s...

Oddly enough that is the one thing most people have liked about my car. I don't know why, because I don't care for it. But I don't have time to fool with it anymore so it stays for now.