LegacyGT.com

5th Gen owners....who are we??

It was a 50/50 shot as to whether I'd get it right on the first try or accidently delete the thread, but I appear to have succeeded in making this a sticky. Suppose that means I should go back and update my post in here...

...and updated, with plenty of excuses as to why I haven't installed my skid plate, transmission crossmember, downpipe, etc.

Edited by cww516

I'll play...

35--- Married---- 2 daughters 4/5yo---

cars... 2012LGT... 2018 Impreza ....2016wrx sportech

occupation: Senior technical advisor, Canmade Montreal, we distribute hardware for Kitchens, bathroom, and furniture... I have my masters and several bachelors and several trade certificates(electrician, plumber, chef, sommelier but don't use any..lol

I enjoy my job, and the benefits are awesome.. work 37.5hrs/week get paid 40 :)

Married: No kids

Cars: 2011 LGT and 2016 Crosstrek

Occupation: Engineering Tech at J&A Industries. We make signal products for the Railroad. No degree, just years of experience.

We are owned by B&B ARMR in Dallas. They make security gates for army bases, data centers, embassies, ect. We just tested a gate a few weeks ago that got a M50-P1 rating (15,000lb truck, 50mph, 3ft penetration).

Eric Becker

Age 31

I love puppies.

Married with a 3 month old baby boy and a Lab

Project Manager at Canada's Largest Telecom company. I manage Development and Testing Environments for residential services as well as Environment Hardening Initiatives.

2011 Subaru Legacy GT. Wife drives a Mitsubishi RVR (trading it in this year)

29, Male, Project Engineer/Estimator at a prominent mechanical contractor in the state.

2010 LGT, previous love was a 2002 Toyota Celica GT 6mt swap :wub: (still in the family)

FMIC, 3" turbo back exhaust, GFB BPV, 2013 3.6R springs & struts + 1" strut spacers, sway bars f&r, 25mm hubcentric spacers, Primitive skid plate, Perrin shift bushing, Boomba shift plate, Perrin shift stop, heavy steel shift knob, Perrin steering lockdown, rear diff bushing inserts, rear subframe bushing inserts, front strut bar, and, my personal favorite, Subaru logo puddle lights.

I never got around to posting in this thread years ago...

43, male, environmental scientist, married with two kids (1 & 7), Washington DC area (Alexandria VA now, heading near Annapolis MD this summer)

The LGT is my third Subaru

Stage 1 OTS, STi STS, Perrin Axlebacks, Whiteline 22mm RSB

2012 2.5i Premium 6MT

41 years old

Electrical Engineer

1st Subaru

Mods - STI STS, 19mm swaybar, tune, 2011-4 WRX wheels/tires and Nokian snow tires on the stock rims

I might as well update mine since I changed cars

2012 SWP 2.5GT

44 years old

Electrical Engineer

2nd Subaru

Engine Mods - Cobb AP v3, Invidia Q300, Turbosmart BPV,

Driveline - STI STS and Shift Knob, Boomba STS adapter, Perin Shifter Bushing, Whiteline Rear Differential Bushing inserts

Suspension - Koni Dampers, Eibachs Springs, Whiteline 20mm Swaybar

Exterior - 18" x 8" Enkei Rajiin with Continental Extreme Contact DW, Stock Rims with Nokian Snow tires, 2013/2014 Headlights, 50% tinted windows, OEM Rain Guards

All these engineers are inspiring.

2011 Legacy GT (black)

Age (almost) 21

Mechanical Engineering student

Currently an intern at Toyota doing powertrain quality things

Only other car was an '08 Volvo S80. Fantastic car.

XRT tune with basic mods

It was a 50/50 shot as to whether I'd get it right on the first try or accidently delete the thread, but I appear to have succeeded in making this a sticky. Suppose that means I should go back and update my post in here...

...and updated, with plenty of excuses as to why I haven't installed my skid plate, transmission crossmember, downpipe, etc.

Thanks for the "Sticky" status...that should keep it a bit more current ;)

Not sure if I posted or not.

In my 40's, male. Married over 8 years with a future son due in August (1st child).

I'm a Electrical-Mechanical Engineer by trade. Surveyor full time for the Gov. I also own my own Engineering company that I do on the side.

2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Prem (First Subaru)

Window Tint

OEM Fog lights

HID Kit

LED Interior/Exterior

Akabono brake pads

Conti DWS tires

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 (AMG package w/weather package)

K&N dual filters

Behr Radiator

Carbon Fiber front lip

OEM CLK55 AMG front rotors

Akabono brake pads

AMG wheels 18x8 (front) and 18x9.5 (rear)

235-40-18 (front) and 265-35-18 (rear)

Blienstein Shocks

Window Tint

HID Kit

1999 Acura Integra GS (track/show)

To much to list.

EDIT:

- Son was born on Aug. 21, 2018 @ 3:10am.

- I have a different set of OEM AMG 17" stagger wheels on the Benz.

- My father turned over his 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 with the 4.7 V8 over to me (I got to many vehicles).

Edited by amusa

Since I started this thread a number of years ago I figure I should update my own story... no big changes really ...BUT

2013 Legacy 3.6R Limited - Twilight Blue Metallic

-Male - 72 years young ;)

-Retired Club fitter in the golf industry... now full time pension collector.......... time for even more golf :)

-Have owned 7 Subies total

-Mods...minor...Wheels, tires, Custom made RSB, OEM spoiler, side moldings, fogs (Wired independently).de-badged, Magnaflow exhaust tips, milk jug delete/funnel intake. (Funny how, as you get older, the mods become less exotic)

-I also spend some amount of time looking after Scooby Too's 2012 Ice Silver Legacy 2.5i Ltd....pretty much just stock with a few cosmetic mods...de-badged,fog lights, side moldings, OEM deck spoiler, 2013 Legacy wheels

Cheers

Yb6jnjZ.jpg

Hey guys, i'm new here.

31 male, Richmond VA. I get you stoned. not a drug dealer, i do dispatch and order management for a quarry.

2010 LGT in red. This is my 3rd Subaru, 07 Impreza and 01 Outback before. Gonna keep her mostly stock(just done shifter bushing and stop, and HIDs because i'm tired of changing bulbs already), maybe stage 1, but I've had too many modified cars in the past and just want something that works.

I never knew this was a thread:rolleyes:

Male

Other interests: Home/vintage audio equipment, woodworking, car stuff

Current Cars: 2011 Legacy GT, 1973 MGB, 2005 Camry (complete with Camry Dent!!!! from previous owner)

Past Subarus: 2010 Legacy 2.5i, 2000 Legacy L wagon

Mods:

XRT tune

Koni inserts with '13 springs

boomba shift plate

perrin brass bushing

18x8.75 +33 XXR 530 and some 245/45R18 tires

E-bay "v-limited" lip (soon to be installed)

Whiteline adjustable rear LCA (soon to be installed)

Some stiffer RSB (soon to be installed)

Edited by TDWPgtp

Didn't you sneak an RSB on Scooby2's? :lol:

Yup....put a 19mm STi bar on it while she was away with her girl friends...first day driving it she says "What did you do to my car...it feels different"

Guy can't get away with anything any more :lol:

I'll join the club and update mine since I made career change since I last posted here.

30 yr old male from Southern New Jersey

not married yet nor do I have children

I am a project manager and estimator for a commercial door and hardware company.

2010 LGT Limited my first was a 2002 LGT Limited, hopefully still running somewhere. I also still have my first vehicle ever a 92 Nissan Hardbody 2.4L 5mt 4x4, it jus wont die.

Other interests: surfing, snowboarding, basketball, foodie

Edited by 02LGTSNJ

32 yr old male form Central Ohio

Married for 3 years no children...just a fur child

I am a project manager/estimator for a construction company

2010 LGT was my first Subaru. I sold my 50 trim SRT4 prior to buying the LGT...hopefully the new owner hasn't destroyed it yet....that thing was a blast to drive. My first vehicle was a 1993 Ford Ranger.

Other interests: Cooking, traveling, sports, video games.

I never saw this thread before, either (and I've been here from time to time for almost 8 years). Anyway . . .

Male, 70

Married coming up on 48 of those

Retired structural engineer

Since the LGT is nominally hers, modifications have been minimal. MPSS summer tires and a set of aftermarket wheels for the PS A/S tires I run in the winter, a little debadging (that I don't think she ever noticed), Bilsteins (that she did), and an alignment that isn't quite "factory preferred". Plus a couple more little things most people probably don't do.

We've only have had the one Subie so far, but we did look at the WRX and Impreza yesterday when I was at the dealership for a few maintenance supplies. Legacy is off the short list, #becausenoMT in today's format.

For other activities, I track the '08 Mustang (that's where most of the car-mod money goes), and over the last couple of years I've started to do a little target shooting.

Norm

Edited by Norm Peterson

Andrew

35 yr old male

Retired Geophysicist, Mathematician, Cosplayer, Photographer, and stay at home dad

Married 5 years, been together 15, has one child and two love birds

Bought my 2010 LGT 5 years ago, but didn't get the upgrade bug till now. I recently retired my stage 3 2003 PSM WRX Wagon and needed to tinker.

Mods as of right now:

Interior: Red STI shift Knob, Lumbar fix, DYI bucket seats

Engine: Milkjug delete, K&N drop in, Cobb AP3 stage 1 OTS, Nameless Performance 5" muffler ABE

Suspension: 2015 STI 20mm rear sway bar and endlinks, Prothane Rear Diff Bushing Inserts

Shopping list and stuff that arent installed

GFB recirculating BPV (I just havent installed it)

Samco induction hoses

Samco coolant hoses

Boomba shiftplate

Perrin brass shifter bushing

Custco Struts

Eibach ProKit

Goodridge SS brakelines

Centric Blanks with Posiquiets

2014 Legacy 2.5i with option package 21. Added Leather steering wheel and shift knob.

2003 Legacy L special edition with snowflake wheels. bought it in 2014 with 62K, fixxored it all up and now it has 105K

Subarus Owned: 2 of them at this time

Mileage: 19.6k miles (2nd owner, lease return)

Occupation: Coordinator for a company that sells big yellow stuff....

Update to the above

2003 Legacy is at 123K

2014 Legacy is at 46K

mods to 2014 Legacy

1. 20mm rear sway bar

2. Leather steering wheel wrap (the kind you sew on)

3. Rear sway bar braces to reinforce mounting points on car body

4. Ford LED fog lights (those things are wicked sweet)

5. Viofo 1440p dash cam (GPS enabled) hidden wire installation

6. Tap to turn flasher installed.

7. New DEMSO MAF installed at 46K because they Subaru techs despite having access to Subaru's latest and greatest diagnostic equipment, could not figure out what I did with a $12 Panlong BT adapter and a cell phone

Up next fix paint and ceramic coat car.