LegacyGT.com

19mm rear sway bar install

Guest rayms69

It's not your imagination. It DOES make a big difference. Cornering is much improved and accelerating out of corners the car squats and bites better. I keep telling all you 6th gen folks to get the Whiteline 22mm adjustable RSB (21, 22, 23mm adjustments). I'm not shitting you when I say it's not too much and totally worth it. Half of us 5th Gen guys have the 22mm bar. The smart ones bought it first, the hesitant ones started with the STi 19mm and soon moved up to the 22mm.

Rowlette, are you M or F?

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yeahthat:

C'mon guys!

And, where are the wider wheels and tires??? Where are the lowered 6th gens??? Where are the power mods???

I keep looking at the sixth gen forum in hopes that I find the one guy who goes all the way!!!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Yay! Got mine done this morning. Nice test ride. 5 degrees, 20-30mph wind gusts, I could feel the difference the instant I hung the right turn out of the dealer and gunned it on to the main road. Ran the S-Curves on the bypass to the Highway, then up and down a couple exit ramps as I did my morning routine in and out of the satellite office.

Definitely feels firmer on the road. Not sure if it is my imagination, but it now seems to ride a little stiffer and I can feel more of the bumps. I don't know if it is the new bar, or the fact that the winter has been so bad with the unbelievable amount of snow on top of the unusual cold. Lots of frost heaves and washboarding, and the pavement is already starting to fall apart. Can't wait for the potholes. :(

Hey firepyro do you have a item code for the 20mm rsb, called Subaru depot no info on 2015 legacy's

Hey buddy I gave all the information see item#149 just a few back.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Hey buddy I gave all the information see item#149 just a few back.

I posted it in post #124 and it was also posted on page 4 of this thread by im2c0ol.

Model(s):

XV Crosstrek

Model Year(s):

2013 2014

Part Number(s):

20451VA000 (Sway Bar)

20464VA000 x2 (bushings)

Easiest thing to do is have OP post part numbers for both the 19mm and 20mm inside the first post in BOLD.

Just a thought...it is your thread after all.

While you are at it, OP, please post the part number for the whiteline 22mm RSB.

Now, there are three choices.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

As this thread growing, best for OP to note all the options on first post with part # make it easier for everyone without digging all through those pages.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

It's not your imagination. It DOES make a big difference. Cornering is much improved and accelerating out of corners the car squats and bites better. I keep telling all you 6th gen folks to get the Whiteline 22mm adjustable RSB (21, 22, 23mm adjustments). I'm not shitting you when I say it's not too much and totally worth it. Half of us 5th Gen guys have the 22mm bar. The smart ones bought it first, the hesitant ones started with the STi 19mm and soon moved up to the 22mm.

GTeaser,

You've convinced me to switch; I've been waiting two months for a 20mm bar for my 3.6R because I was concerned about too much oversteer in snow or rain. Driving in recent snow I realized how much I missed oversteer in such conditions. So I've ordered the BSR49XZ 22mm RSB. Unfortunately I'll be away when it arrives (hopefully) next week so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I can install it.

Thanks,

Fred

^^^ Good on ya man!!! Yep, that's the one you want WL BSR49XZ. And it comes with the braces. Post a pic after your install.

Oversteer is much more manageable in an AWD car than it is in a RWD car, or FWD car for that matter. With AWD you can use the power at the front wheels to drive out of it and direct the car with steering input. With the RWD, you're relegated to finding grip in the wheels that are sliding and countersteering with the front wheels, so until you find the grip, you can't really change your trajectory, well, at least if you're not driving a 500hp drift car or purpose built rally car.

Edited by GTEASER

Thanks, this is my first owned AWD car. Long ago I drove the first quatro in the US for an hour in the dirt roads in VT. My memory of its controllability matches your description. I'll post pictures and look forward to exploring the envelope.

Honestly, I have only had my GT oversteer one time a little. It was during a track day at Sears Point Raceway (Infineon) coming out of Turn 3. Turn 3 is actually a small complex, a downhill left into an uphill very short straight and over a right hand crest heading down hill again toward Turn 4. On the right hand exit cresting the hill, the track is a little off camber, the suspension was light from the crest and the road was dropping away on the left, and I was hard on the power. The back end stepped out just a little, maybe 6" onto the rumble strips. It was totally controllable, I felt it coming, and it gave me a huge grin.

I am running the stock 23mm FSB and Whiteline 22mm adjustable RSB set to 23mm. My other chassis dynamics are a little different than stock but not significantly. I am lowered about 1.25" on H&R sport springs, have Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks and I am running 255/40-18 tires on 18x9 wheels.

GTeaser,

You've convinced me to switch; I've been waiting two months for a 20mm bar for my 3.6R because I was concerned about too much oversteer in snow or rain. Driving in recent snow I realized how much I missed oversteer in such conditions. So I've ordered the BSR49XZ 22mm RSB. Unfortunately I'll be away when it arrives (hopefully) next week so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I can install it.

Thanks,

Fred

I have to ask...what is your last name?

Wow. I'd have expected significant oversteer with 23/23. It gives me complete confidence that the 26/21-23 on the 6th generation will be fine. Obviously, I've got a lot to learn about AWD chassis dynamics. I'm looking forward to it.

Just checking because for a second I thought I may have had a Tyler Durden moment.

Some alter-ego with a different life on the Legacy forum.

i'm late to the party and i had resolved to do it during this long weekend. got some downtime before dinner and finished despite frozen fingers. of course i had to ignore the winter advisory and took her out for a test drive. the transformation is magical, who would have thought a 3mm fatter RSB could do this? someone had mentioned a "euro" feel to the suspension now and i second that. i really had not experienced the wandering others reported but did think the steering was a bit light - almost twitchy. the response is the same but somehow dampened and the on center feel on the highway is very much improved. definitely the best upgrade under a $100 in my book!