LegacyGT.com

19mm rear sway bar install

Guest rayms69

Guest rayms69
I wouldn't say it pulled, more like wandering. I got the 19mm bar because it was available, the 20mm was on back order. I would have gotten the 20, winter was fast approaching and it needed attention before the snow started flying. I got mine from subarupartsonline.com I believe

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it pulls to one side, your alignment is out bring it back to the dealer to fix it. Rear sway bar only stiffen the rear end, improves handleling doesnt link to the alignment at all.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't say it pulled, more like wandering. I got the 19mm bar because it was available, the 20mm was on back order. I would have gotten the 20, winter was fast approaching and it needed attention before the snow started flying. I got mine from subarupartsonline.com I believe

If it pulls to one side, your alignment is out bring it back to the dealer to fix it. Rear sway bar only stiffen the rear end, improves handleling doesnt link to the alignment at all.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

went to the dealer and he tried to feed me some crap that they are having wandering problems because the legacy suspension is so low and stiff. And that it depends on the side of the road that the car will pull (wonder) left or right They proceeded to take my car to toyota for a wheel alignment! Go Figure! At first car seemed to be on point but at higher hwy speeds it started to wander - pull again. I was lurking on this site and they was describing my problem to a T.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/219186-2015-highway-steering-issues.html

They mention goin to a non dealership for an alignment. One that specifies in performance and get a "Rack" Had to look that one up ! Here is a link I dont know how to post Pics!

https://www.google.com/search?q=wheel+alignment+rack&es_sm=119&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lgy2VPPDMszY7Aabo4GABQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1280&bih=679

So my step I will be getting this rack alignment done. Even if this does work I will most likely still get the rear sway bar. I have noticed when I start booging and changing lanes the rear end feels like it wants to come out from under/

All suggestions welcomed!!

I would just suggest that if your going to pay for a service you light as well get the RSB anyways. Install it then take it in for the alignment to fix the preexisting issue and you'll be good to go 👍

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

my dealer had the rack (hunter) one of the best. My car was not perfect but close. The alignment didn t have any change in the car. They did do the alignment for free because of my complaint.

As you ve said it s higher hiway speeds and probably certain road conditions. I think the your dealer is correct in saying it s inherent in the new Legacy. Some people won t notice others it doesn t matter. After the alignment and the 19mm bar I d say it s good enough, but not perfect. Still wondering if it s all the guys with the 20 inch wheels because larger wider tires also produce the wandering condition. Called tramling.

Contacted my dealer about the sway bar. They quoted me $152 + tax for the part and $125 for the install. Might just go for it and have them do the work.

Dude save yourself $50 and order the part yourself. If you want them to install it fine but to pay them more for the part is crazy.

Save yourself the 125 and do it yourself. It really takes no skill and about 15 minutes of time. This is one of those items that makes no sense to have the dealer do it. Electrical sure. This. Not a necessary

Not everyone is DIY type. If he feels safer that way, let him be. I would do it by myself though.

Guest rayms69
You dont need to put it on ramps, my big ass fit under, just had to push up on the body to get it out and the new one back, makes it slide in easy

Save yourself the 125 and do it yourself. It really takes no skill and about 15 minutes of time. This is one of those items that makes no sense to have the dealer do it. Electrical sure. This. Not a necessary

I would if I had stands and a good jack or a ramp, but i don't. I haven't really looked under the back end yet, so don't know if i can get in there easy enough.

For what it's worth, I changed the springs, sways and endlinks on my 4th gen Legacy.

Guest rayms69
My car rides perfect now, I would notice, get the 19 or 20, I would suggest 20 if its available. Im gonna stand pat with the 19mm thought, its good, corners good enough for me and no more bs wandering

i called them about my 20mm order. back ordered again i was #40 and there are 80+ waiting. i ordered a month back so they are getting a few here and there. i popped for the 19mm and it came yesterday...

i called them about my 20mm order. back ordered again i was #40 and there are 80+ waiting. i ordered a month back so they are getting a few here and there. i popped for the 19mm and it came yesterday...

Thanks for posting this. I just sent them an email to find out if there was an timeline for my order of the 20mm bar. I believe they already charged my credit card.

Hopefully, it won't be too long.

Guest rayms69
the 19 has done the trick, remember the happy medium, there is no way i was gonna wait. I am satisfied that the 19 is the bar they meant to put on the car in the first place.

Now need to figure out what to do with the stock 16mm laying around!

Maybe hang it on the ceiling and make a swing out of it. lol

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html