LegacyGT.com

19mm rear sway bar install

Guest rayms69

Guest rayms69
get a needle grease fitting for the old gease gun and squirt some grease back in. You may not notice it when hard turns, but it could use more since some escaped. At least my OCD would make me attempt it, just because. No problem, pretty easy removing and installing, i lifted up on the suspension to give more clearance. You will be glad you did it, if u were swervin

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad idea, but I didn't notice a valve on the endlink to pump in grease. Unless you'd try to put the needle fitting under the boot? Never tried that before, I'd be concerned that it'd do more harm than good. What do you think?

Guest rayms69
they are easy to remove, just remove the suspect and gently ease some grease in, if it squeezes out easy, you sure be able to get it back in

It's been too cold here (and I've been too busy) to install. Had my car in for an oil change yesterday and asked if they could throw it on for me.

The mech was skeptical that it would make a difference, but felt differently when he got back. And he has 2010 Legacy GT - Spec C.

I at first noticed that the rear end felt more solid and less floaty on backroads near the dealer; but after driving it around on errands all day I'd say it's a definite improvement not only for that highway float you guys have mentioned. But aLeo feels a lot better in city driving or country backroads. I'll have to drive my wife's 2013 Outback tomorrow on the way to the in-laws for Xmas to see if the Outback would benefit as well.

Thanks to whomever made the first suggestion on this

Subaru XV Crosstrek Rear Sway Bar Kit - 20mm Install.

Model(s):

XV Crosstrek

Model Year(s):

2013 2014

Part Number(s):

20451VA000-20464VA000 x2

- See more at: http://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-crosstrek-rear-sway-20mm-p-3920.html#sthash.vg1R0xIX.dpuf

15928968919_e3d9f8aa65_c.jpg

15929277217_cf37df1155_c.jpg

15492694934_2809aba63b_c.jpg

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

15927596178_021f20a156_c.jpg

15927603048_360bc7b094_c.jpg

15927594828_2284d0ec02_c.jpg

15495315733_faa051fe55_c.jpg

Perfect fit, you can probably park the car one side on the curve for easy access to it.

This is a must mod on top of your list! I can notice the different just rolling out of my drive way.

Ride with much more confident now, it feels like a different car.

The metal part are being reused, you'll only need three parts to complete this upgrade which is two bushing, one rear sway bar.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

They only has 5000k on it so if the goes then it's time for upgrade. It also depends how much it cost, what will it improves and if it's necessary. Edited by im2c0ol

installed rear 19mm sway bar. Went easy, had car on ramps. I was the unlucky one who had to use the 5MM allen to hold the endlinks from spinning with the nut upon removal.

What I noticed was a large weight difference in the stock bar and the 19mm bar.

In the middle of a snow storm now so other than a quick spin I could not report if the new bar improved the stabilization of the vehicle. I have a 600 mile drive coming up soon and it s all highway so I can report back then.

So I put about 600 miles of highway. 70-80 MPH.

The car is more stable during most of the ride. High speed 70-80 is OK. Wanders less but happens every once in a while but not all the time. When crosswinds blow the car is still a little more sensitive than anything else I ve owned. Overall I happy with the ride. Again at less than 70 it s fine, perfect at 60. This car was obviously not designed for Autobahn driving.

i notice you have it on lifts off the ground. doesn't the suspension have to be loaded (like on a ramp) to position properly?

Both wheels has to be either even loaded or not loaded off the ground. If one has more load than the other then you can't position the sway bar in place.

Both wheels has to be either even loaded or not loaded off the ground. If one has more load than the other then you can't position the sway bar in place.

Thanks and I'm in on the 20mm - free shipping ends NY Eve!

You need > $99 to ship so I got a cabin filter and an oil filter to get it.

Ahh ok thanks; sorry I missed that part.

I still just don't understand why the XV 20mm is cheaper than the Legacy specific 19mm upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

The more I drive the more I enjoy the ride.

Wind was 10mph, road is wet this morning I was pushing it to work at 80mph, through a few curves at 80mph.

It's rocking solid like a sport car now, rear seating is def much more comfortable as well.

Issue is corrected with the sway bar, drives straight now, tighter handling

rayms69 thanks for the info! I picked up my 15 Legacy 12/23 I have noticed with hwy driving my Legacy pulls to the left. I was just wondering if this was happening to you as well.? Do you have a link for the sway bar you purchased ? Thanks Newbie to The Legacy Adventure!