LegacyGT.com

RooTBeeR's Cheapo Slow Poke "Build" Thread

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is a torque converter one of those things that helps automatic people shift?

:hide:

No no, torque converter lets us launch with full boost off the line.

Lgt is autotragic, but that's why I have this.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/06/ed39ec2337521bfc03498f7aabcd0f54.jpg

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Didn't touch it today. Got some done yesterday. Still a lot of little things left to do though. We shall see how work goes this week if I get it done not not.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/c0029669618780e62395319192ea5319.jpg

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very, VERY slowly, but surely, it's coming together...finally.

Re-tightened the freon line over the trans.

Reconnected the heater hoses.

Reconnected the fuel/vent lines.

Reconnected the vacuum booster line.

Reconnected the injector harness.

Put the starter in.

Reconnected the starter wires.

Reconnected the A/C clutch wire.

Reconnected the alternator wires.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/11/60c30c4e4a00bd15ace58708519cf908.jpg

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I still have to do the ground straps, it's on my list. I'll do that when I do the downpipe. JMP set me up with some fancy new ground straps too.

Yeah, any of those lines that I pulled off that didn't have a hose clamp on them, got a zip tie.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was literally only a few more man hours away from finally firing this bitch up. Go to tighten down the hose clamp and the dam to just ripped apart. I guess I should have inspected that before I put it back on so now the whole intake manifold is back off and I need to order some parts. Not really happy at the moment. But it was going to smooth for too long, so something had to get facked up, right?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/15/ad44b97bb5aa4075de59de89c7a1af8c.jpg

It sure is a lot more of a pain in the ass too to the intake manifold with the turbo mounted up, and with the engine in the engine bay.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Surprised you didn't put the turbo on the engine on the engine stand and fit up the tmic.

I did that in my build. Thought it was how it was done.

Sorry this happened.

You may want to leave the turbo loose on the up pipe so it has some play when installing the tmic.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You have tighten all the gas line clamps under that intake right ?

I will say your engine bay looks so clean compared to mine here in the northeast.

make sure you have good clean grounds too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Those gas line clamps are known to leak in cold cold temps, make sure you just snug them up.

I think you already have the larger orange o-rings between the TGV's and intake manifold.

I'm just double checking to eliminate future problems.

I appreciate it.

I hate having to go back and fix something you thought you already did. Sort of like my inlet tube lol

The gas lines clamps you're talking about, are those on the fuel rail side or the lines that come out of the firewall?

I never separated the intake manifold from the TGV is, so that shouldn't be an issue at the moment. My TGV deletes came with their own gaskets as well, and I still have the orange orings that came in the complete engine gasket set

Sorry if something doesn't make sense, I didn't sleep for more than 30 minutes last night. Work is going to suck today

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All the ones where the rubber hose attaches to the metal pipe. I think in my thread, click here link, I show where I lock wired the hose behind the oil fill tube, on top of number 2 cylinder. I know your in CA, but these tend to sweep gas at 20F. Just give them all a little snug with a screwdriver.

Or rotate them so you can get to them from the top. The manifold is assembled upside down at the factory.

When ever I see someone has the manifold off, that's my first recommendation second is to make sure the ground bar is rust free, but your looks pretty good.

Just look things over while you have the time and fix or replace old hoses and things now.

Most of us in California don't understand the word "rust", unless you live next to the beach. Even in the mountains where it snows they put down dirt (not salt), because the salt will hurt the environment. If you look at my engine bay you will be totally jelly because of no rust, and I've own the car for 10 yrs.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived