LegacyGT.com

KZR750R1 2006 OBXT Head Gasket/Motor Refresh

BNR 16G is going back in after the rebuild. Figure 750cc would do fine for petrol only tune. Probably never going to go E85. It's either refurbish the stock 520cc units or upgrade for some more tuning head room. At some point would like t fit a DP, just not right now.

I have my stocker VF40 still and may get JMP to rebuild for a spare.

Main reason to think about the crank pulley is longevity. It's on the low priority list since I can get to it later if I choose.

Also need to get on Cryo's radar again for a new break in map and tune up after build. The pump and injector choices weigh heavy on this step.

Plus I'm due for a smog soon. So I need to get this booger done.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't remember you going 16g, in that case I vote bigger injectors. I have a VF52 and my stock injectors are at 82% idc, with room to go still wgdc.

And Cryo recommends replacing the pump for a larger turbo, especially with these cars getting old (I replaced mine on his recommendation).

The only reason to go larger injectors (1000), is if you are thinking about flex-fuel / e85 for the future.

I put the 16G on before this head gasket rebuild. Yeah I'm leaning toward the injectors and pump. Plus I can pump out most of this old gas before first startup. Win Win.

Dave had me tuned up with new turbo and stock otherwise but for sure he was limited buy this.

All the fiddly stuff to do. Like weather strip the tensioner bracket.

IMG_5234.JPG.4b22937c950e317b6b7df3ea5589f53c.JPG

Edited by kzr750r1

Hey there,

OB2.5XT- I actually just double checked the last log we did for grins in sport sharp and it was at about 88% duty cycle by 6300rpms which will vary depending on temp/load etc and on a cold day it will get closer to 91-92% so I like that headroom on stock injectors.

I do suggest a fuel pump when the turbo is upgraded based on the fact that a lot of these cars are running around with 7-10 year old pumps now a days and its a good idea if we intend on pushing the car to the max.

I am happy to supply parts for the build as well KZR *like the pump,injectors,exhaust components etc if you decide to go that way. Shoot me an email and I'm happy to discuss your next steps when your ready.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Dave I'll be sending you an email soon. Thanks for chiming in.

Waiting for my hose clamp order and now another Heuberger Motors parts order.

Getting these two in hand will give me plenty to do.

Will spend the weekend likely cleaning up covers and parts for install.

Will probably have to wait till next year for snow activities. This winter is all about the XT.

Yep. Good to have a couple spares. It will get there.

Last night was checking the condition of the dust seals on the covers and such...

Plenty to do.

Need to run a tap through the Air Fuel sensor port on the exhaust manifold. A pretty much new sensor is galled upon removal. Luckily a friend has the tap. New Air Fuel sensor on order.

Oil pressure sensor.

Water Temp sensor.

Crank Position sensor.

So many little fiddly parts.

Stock replacements. Not interested in old parts that are buried causing me issues for a while.

I still have a oil pressure gauge and send unit to find. Have the cubby kit and block port extension kit in stock already.

Thanks for the reminder.

No problem man. Still need to make another order for some stock parts.

What I have coming in will keep me busy for a while.

What I need to order now is: (forgot them on last order)

Knock sensor

AC idler pulley

Heater core connection hoses (old units are pretty spent)

I'm sure there will be something else...

Once a parts order comes in I realize there are a few more bits needed.

Seriously considering getting some OETIKER clamps for this build instead of these worm gear. Items are going together but one place in particular bugs me. The two hoses that connect to the riser pipe on the drivers side of the water pump. The worm gear clamps are just in the way. Only way I have figured to place one is behind the cover and I'll never get back in there with out a full TB tear down.

Remember I'm using the Free Range Hose kit. Great fitment so far. Have not gotten to the vac lines yet. Considering a pause till I decide if worm gear clamps are the right choice in this location.

• 4 weeks later...

After placing new dust seals on the rear TB covers and installing the hose clap issue seems moot. It's tight but could be removed with the TB cover on.

Prepping for TB install.

Getting sick at the moment is so.... awesome!

Making sure I'm locked in on TDC is first then all down hill from there.

Would like a second set of hands on these cam gears. LH Exhaust is a little chowdered from the dealership TB change at 99K ish.

Well see how it goes in one more time.

Gasket kit is close to used up. :)

Edited by kzr750r1