LegacyGT.com

Success with non-OEM Wheel Hub Bearing Units

Let the PB Blaster do its stuff. It may need to sit while your having lunch. Aero-Kroil is great stuff, but expensive next to PB Blaster.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Installed the DA fronts on Friday, started surging and the codes yesterday. Looks like my car is just picky. Going to have to use the OEM ones looks like. Anyone want to try these? I'll let them go cheap

Did you tell DA about it ? may be they'll refund.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

6" 3 arm gear puller.

I just went to the local parts store, "rented" their hub puller tool and slide hammer.

Made very short work of these seized on bastards.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Yeah I wish I had done more research before buying no-name ebay sold garbage rear wheel hubs.

I installed them a couple months ago, thought all was well.

Luckily they were pretty cheap so not much money lost.

Noticed now my rear end howls but didn't think it could be the hubs.

Today I kept all my windows up, radio off etc, I can hear the tell tale sounds of bad wheel bearings.

Ordering some DA's now. I hope this makes my howl go away.

Even if it doesn't I'll know for sure that my differential is bad or good this way.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

• 2 months later...

I installed the DA units x4, and found the cruise to be surging when pulling hills. I was not sure of the cause, as I just bought this car and am doing a shakedown on it... but at 2000 miles on the DAs, the ABS light came on and cruise will not even turn on.

Would this be something that would work for a while, and then stop working? Reading through this thread it seems like my problem is obvious, but i did not read about it working for a while and then stop working. Seems like either worked or didn't.

Thanks

I installed the DA units x4, and found the cruise to be surging when pulling hills. I was not sure of the cause, as I just bought this car and am doing a shakedown on it... but at 2000 miles on the DAs, the ABS light came on and cruise will not even turn on.

Would this be something that would work for a while, and then stop working? Reading through this thread it seems like my problem is obvious, but i did not read about it working for a while and then stop working. Seems like either worked or didn't.

Thanks

Replace both front hub's with OEM, Timken, or one of the few that are known to work.

May be send a email to DA telling of the issue and see what they say.

I'm guessing no, you can feel the speed change a mile-an-hour or so, up/down. After a few minutes it will throw a CEL.

You have a bad hub on the front. you replaced both so pick one or replace both.

I have about 10k on my DA hubs and the front left is now almost / completely separated. I can push the tire in and out 3/4" when on the ground. Going to pull it off today and look into it further.

Ordered and installed around July 22.

Legacy GT DA wheel Bearing failure: http://youtu.be/zvKRv4QbbZs

Hub was not separated but had an absurd amount of slop. I replaced it with the OEM one that was previously on there.

This wheel had the tell tell symptoms of a roaring that increased in volume not pitch with speed. Had a bad knocking also. I thought it was lower control arm bushing but I think this was the hidden issue. I'm installing spec b lca's next week and will report back again.

No; I can feel the engine cutting in and out. Like I was stabbing throttle and then releasing, enough to feel it but no real increase /decrease in speed.

I had this also at first with the DA hubs. It eventually calmed down. Only had the flashing cruise once. But see above for my recent problem with the hubs.

I have about 10k on my DA hubs and the front left is now almost / completely separated. I can push the tire in and out 3/4" when on the ground. Going to pull it off today and look into it further.

Ordered and installed around July 22.

Legacy GT DA wheel Bearing failure: http://youtu.be/zvKRv4QbbZs

Ouch. I just ordered 4 DA hubs (2 from ebay, 2 from amazon, that was the cheapest price). Now I'm hesitant to install them..

Archived