LegacyGT.com

Success with non-OEM Wheel Hub Bearing Units

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also just purchased and installed the set. I was afraid it was a fake when I saw the box but the ntn is stamped on the bearing and it was very high quality compared to others I've seen. No issues so far but it's only been about 5k.

I have one OEM and 1 of the NSK "OEM" bearings in the rear of the wagon. Im experimenting to see which one fails first. Both have less than 5k miles on them. The NSK looked identical to the OEM Subie part though. I'd buy the NSK again as I've battled aftermarket wheel bearings on numerous cars and I despise them.

• 2 months later...

I've put 15k ish on the DA bearings in the front.

Probably going to put DA's in the back as well, since I can clearly tell that one of them is done. Which was probably the source of my cruise control issues all along.

Meanwhile my accord (underneath the foot of snow piled on top of it) still has the stock rear wheel bearings at 158k. Fronts lasted 125k. Not sure why wheel bearings are so difficult for subaru.

• 5 months later...

Just ordered a timkin to replace a howling front left OEM replament hub. The OEM replacement on the car has about a year and 20,000 miles on it. I had a caliper seize on that corner earlier this year and it got pretty hot. Not sure if that contributed to the failure. It's currently just loud, and is not loose or deflecting any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

When i bought my gt it had 1 rf wheel stud missing. I got a few from the dealer. Went to install it, the dealer stud was wider on the shoulder where it installs to the hub. Went to napa. They pulled a wheel stud that looked exactly like mine. They matched the old stud.. almost a week s/o. I asked them for a hub, it was solid, built well and had the right studs in it...

Whatever hub the PO put on the rf of the car was a pos..

Just saying?

Rides smoother now btw, even though the bearing was good.

• 6 months later...
Front left bearing went today at 116000 on my 2.5 legacy. Just ordered both front hub assemblies. Timken 130 each. Had no luck with rears. Rear Left went out at 30 and 70 000. Put oem both time. Around 90000 rear right went and replaced with Timken. While the hub are being pulled out of the front I'm gonna pull the axles.the boots are both torn and grease has been dropping on to the exhaust. Wish me luck

Archived