LegacyGT.com

Success with non-OEM Wheel Hub Bearing Units

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the cheapest one from rockauto and like someone else posted when i turn on CC the car pulsates.

Installation was rough so I'm not sure if the assembly is the problem or something else.

Need to find time to do it myself among other things

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2

Have about 500miles on them since I had them installed on Saturday, and no issues. With my work schedule, I should have over 1000 miles on them by this coming Sunday.

For reference, my 2009 will be 5 years old at the end of August, and have 169k miles on it as of today. I took delivery of it with 10miles on the odometer.

My LF wheel bearing is making noise. Ordered a pair of DA bearings off of Amazon for $65 shipped.

Amazon.com: Detroit Axle: Front Wheel Hub Bearing Assembly 513220 - 5 Lug with ABS (Pair of 2): Automotive

Your link is expired/bad, but, if it's the Detroit Axle 513220, could you go place a review and include that you've had success with them on a Fourth Gen Subaru Legacy (05-09)? Amazon will take care of the rest when others are searching for new wheel bearings, but the review will definitely help -

Still going OK?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

With the air hammer, use it on the side of the hub to rotate it. Hit it around where the bolts thread onto the hub.

I noticed that the hub I pre-soaked with Kroil came off easier that the other side. The side that didn't have Kroil took a larger/better air hammer

Archived