LegacyGT.com

2016 hopes & wishes but ultimately disappointment thread

SCHM1AN

Viber, If you look at 2013 unsold ATS you can get a great deal.

I got a new Premium 2013 ATS 2.0T with all options checked, manual (RWD cause I wanted Magnetic Ride Control) for $34,700. With winter tires, it's fantastic in the snow and ice.

I could have gotten a 3.6L Performance AWD (no adjustable suspension) for 36,500.

Also the AWD is rear based 30/70 power split and it has the fake torque vectoring the new WRX keeps bragging about.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a new Premium 2013 ATS 2.0T with all options checked, manual (RWD cause I wanted Magnetic Ride Control) for $34,700. With winter tires, it's fantastic in the snow and ice.

I could have gotten a 3.6L Performance AWD (no adjustable suspension) for 36,500.

Also the AWD is rear based 30/70 power split and it has the fake torque vectoring the new WRX keeps bragging about.

ATS has been on my radar since it launched. I'll keep this info in mind.

There is a pretty big price difference between the two. About five grand to six for all the goodies.

^What he said. Leftover '13s are going for well under invoice. There are great deals out there on the '14s as well. CPO ATS 2.0ts can be had for under $30k with very low miles.

Subaru is losing a lot of money this year again, still they having high sales, could have doubled/tripled their sales numbers.

they don't have the excess capacity to double, much less triple, their sales volume.

Do you know how many people are waiting for another GT?

I'll go out on a limb and say far far far far fewer than 40,000 a year.

Eh?

Subaru sold 42,291 Legacys in 2013, so if you were to double sales, how many additional Legacys would you need to sell?

Twice as much?

Like I said.

I would like to see more fuel efficient, lighter AWD drivetrain, coupled with a return to a smaller sensible vehicle.....

I know this is going away upstream on this considering we are dealing with Sales of Vehicles into a market that seems to be driven by the Bigger is Better philosophy !! I beg to differ, the fuel we are ALL burning in our vehicle,what ever the size or configuration is FINITE....

It will Not last forever and there will be no Huge Prize at the end for the one who Has the Most bells and whistles,and the Highest horsepower rig !!

More fuel efficient diesels are being used around the world, lets go back to more Worldly designs,and lighter more efficient vehicles,we will all still have Fun.

Just my two cents worth !!

Troutbum

It's sad that there are so many of us with 4th gens who really wanted to love the 6th gen (ESPECIALLY after the concept was released)... and have been holding on to our cars waiting to replace it with another awesome Legacy.

...I'm generally not one to beat a dead horse, but there was another awesome Legacy (better than its predecessor in every metric that mattered) available between '10-'12 and you guys passed. All of this wailing and gnashing of teeth seems pretty self inflicted imo.

The Regal GS is an awesome value for someone that wants an entry lux sport sedan...you still get a turbo engine with 259 hp @ 5300 rpm, 295 lb-ft of torque and 21/30 fuel economy. Finding a better sport sedan at that price and as well featured is no easy thing. More importantly, it is an actual, unashamed sport sedan. Brembo up front, able to send 40% power to the rear wheels with the flip of a switch. There is a lot to like here.

And I like the way it looks...

...hmmm, Road&Track thought that the 5th gen GT matched up well against the Regal GS. That being said, the Regal GS does look better than the 5th and 6th gen Legacy. I suspect that the FA20DIT will eventually make its way to the Legacy, I just don't know when. The EZ36D is pretty dated and not what I would call efficient.

I test drove an ATS in December for shits and giggles and was extremely impressed. It sounds like a banshee and goes like stink when you get on it. It has a press-button, receive-bacon button, and the car is actually incredibly sporty. It handles like it's on rails, too. After I got done with the test drive I believe my words were "Damn you Cadillac for making an American car I actually want to buy!"

...I'm generally not one to beat a dead horse, but there was another awesome Legacy (better than its predecessor in every metric that mattered) available between '10-'12 and you guys passed. All of this wailing and gnashing of teeth seems pretty self inflicted imo.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the laugh! Made my morning.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

...hmmm, Road&Track thought that the 5th gen GT matched up well against the Regal GS. That being said, the Regal GS does look better than the 5th and 6th gen Legacy. I suspect that the FA20DIT will eventually make its way to the Legacy, I just don't know when. The EZ36D is pretty dated and not what I would call efficient.

The 2014 model Regal got a refresh, more efficient engine and AWD, with a selectable 60/40 torque split and sportier suspension.

Very different car all around.

Can't exactly buy a new car every year, if you have an 05/06 this is about the time to upgrade. Just because they didn't sell well one year doesn't mean the sales won't go up the following year. Everyone bitching are people who are ready to upgrade to a newer model.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I don't expect any significant changes until SOA management is replaced. They are punch drunk with financial success, not realizing they are moving towards Toyota's perception.

I understand the desire and need to have a mass market model/trim - this is what earns company money. So yes to new Legacy. What pisses me off is that ignore the fact that each brand needs its HALO model, and some niche products just to keep the customer base. BMW does that. AUDI does that. BMW and Audi aren't making most of their money on M3/M5 and S4/S6/R8 sales. But these are the cars that people talk about, dream about, wish upon. And then they go and buy 320 or A4 FWD - what they can afford but still have the feeling of belonging to "that" group of people. It's the performance'/luxury models that people want to associate with.

SOA doesn't do any of that. They just follow the Toyota recipe of that past. The time will come when brand will pay for that.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Subaru has the WRX and STi. That's all of the halo car Subaru seemingly wants.

Not a bad plan.

The 2015 WRX is probably the first and only true successor to the 4th Gen LGT we are ever going to get. In fact LGT hold outs that are starting to rack up mileage and age now have a Subaru refuge in the 2015 WRX that will pick up exactly where the 4th Gen LGT left off.

-Automatic CVT which will easily be better than the 5EAT

-Creature comforts that were all present on the LGT or better, like push button start.

-Better Audio system

-More passenger volume

-More cargo volume

-Better fuel economy

-HIDs

And priced pretty cheap at around 33k with everything.

The WRX is now not just a product for enthusiasts, but it's also a general all purpose sedan that even small families and daily commuters will find accessible.

Expect to see a LOT of WRX's on the road by the end of the year.

Buick Regal GS AWD looks pretty nice to me...

Not a bad plan.

The 2015 WRX is probably the first and only true successor to the 4th Gen LGT we are ever going to get. In fact LGT hold outs that are starting to rack up mileage and age now have a Subaru refuge in the 2015 WRX that will pick up exactly where the 4th Gen LGT left off.

-Creature comforts that were all present on the LGT or better, like push button start.

-Better Audio system

-More passenger volume

-More cargo volume

-Better fuel economy

-HIDs

The WRX is now not just a product for enthusiasts, but it's also a general all purpose sedan that even small families and daily commuters will find accessible.

Agree. I'm now interested in a WRX.

Not a bad plan.

-Better Audio system

-More passenger volume

-More cargo volume

-Better fuel economy

-HIDs

I made a similar comparison a while back- it's staggering how similar the new WRX is to the 4th gen in terms of specs. I'm still going to hold out for a year or two and hope they give it a little more pizzazz (like they did with the 08s and ultimately a facelift in 2011) and hopefully a wagon/hatchback. If they don't, then I'll take advantage of the depreciation on the '15s

Many of us bought our 4Gs when we were single and had no kids. Now that I'm married and have a kid on the way, I want a bigger sporty sedan. Nothing Subaru offers fits the bill anymore. Unfortunately that poor selling, turbocharged, 6MT only Frankenstein that Subaru sold from 10-12 is their case study for not offering a high performance variant this time around.

Put the FA20t and at least offer a 6MT coupled to it in this Legacy and I can't see how it wouldn't be a big seller.

My brother just put a deposit down on a 2015 WRX Premium + Weather/Tech package.

We'll be driving up and across to NH to pick it up mid-April to early May.

Its one of the first factory pre-orders placed at Manchester Subaru (ask for Gary) as part of the '500 below invoice' deal advertized by them over @ NASIOC.

...I'm not sure why we have to keep going through this. There was a true successor to the 4th gen Legacy GT, just b/c you keep telling yourself there wasn't doesn't make it the case. Looking at your list the 5th met all of those requirements (unfortunately HIDs and push button start were only offered overseas)except fuel economy (which remained the same even w/100lbs of additional weight).

...ummm no, the 2015 WRX is still a current gen Impreza and that platform is unchanged last time I checked. It'll certainly perform better, but in terms of interior space/volume it isn't an ideal space for a small family. I looked at the current Impreza and Crosstrek before my 3rd kid came along and even w/forward facing car seats it was what can be described as snug fit. It's a fun but ultimately poor choice for transporting a family. I honestly don't expect to see any more WRXs on the road than I already do.

...word is that Canada will be receiving 6th gens w/a manual transmissions. Kind of hilarious imo since I'm pretty sure those cars will be built at Lafyette. I'm still wondering if there will be a JDM version of this generation though and if so just how much better it'll likely be.

...I'm not sure why we have to keep going through this. There was a true successor to the 4th gen Legacy GT, just b/c you keep telling yourself there wasn't doesn't make it the case. Looking at your list the 5th met all of those requirements (unfortunately HIDs and push button start were only offered overseas)except fuel economy (which remained the same even w/100lbs of additional weight).

What true successor? The 5th gen? Where was the auto turbo 5th gen? Everywhere but the USA. That's no successor unless one considers the H6 model a successor. I don't. Can't be a proper successor without leaving a proper upgrade path.

before my 3rd kid came along and even w/forward facing car seats it was what can be described as snug fit. It's a fun but ultimately poor choice for transporting a family.

5 people is not a small family in the USA, except for Utah, certain parts of appalachia and migrant worker shacks near the border.

I honestly don't expect to see any more WRXs on the road than I already do.

The CVT alone will draw in more users. Manual only dramatically shrinks market size...like the 5th gen LGT which died off really quick just like everyone said was going to happen.

A fully loaded GS AWD taps out around $42K, while a fully kitted Q50 is $47k, same for the Acura. BMW forget it, you'd be at $50k, and the SHO is a Ford. No thanks.

The Regal GS is an awesome value for someone that wants an entry lux sport sedan. And the suspension is adjustable and built for aggressive driving out the box.

Hell, with current incentives, You could walk out with a fully loaded GS under $39k probably. Dump the nanny tech and 20" tires and your at $37-38k. Not bad at all.

And you still get a turbo engine with 259 hp @ 5300 rpm, 295 lb-ft of torque and 21/30 fuel economy. Finding a better sport sedan at that price and as well featured is no easy thing. More importantly, it is an actual, unashamed sport sedan. Brembo up front, able to send 40% power to the rear wheels with the flip of a switch. There is a lot to like here.

And I like the way it looks...

"It’s worth noting that we had to test a second, essentially identical GS after our first test car suffered a catastrophic engine failure due to faulty connecting-rod bearings." (from the Car and Driver review)

No thanks. Unfortunately, there just aren't many viable options for a sporty AWD sedan anymore, particularly in the low to mid 30s price range. I wouldn't mind going smaller with something like the WRX, and I'm sure it would be a great driving experience. However, I would also like an upgraded interior to go with it. The new WRX, even with its revised interior, won't come close to what the Legacy will be offering. Why must you make us choose, Subaru???:mad:

"It’s worth noting that we had to test a second, essentially identical GS after our first test car suffered a catastrophic engine failure due to faulty connecting-rod bearings." (from the Car and Driver review)

No thanks.

The GM con rod failure rate is no worse than Subaru's blown ringland issue. I'm sure the C&D car was beat on from mile 0.

Keep in mind Subaru had a pretty bad, well documented, head gasket problem for a few years.

In GM's case the problem is explained...

http://blog.caranddriver.com/maliboom-faulty-connecting-rod-bearing-causing-engine-failures-in-gm-four-cylinders/

The real issue being GM's revival is heavily scrutinized for the GM-isms of old, and it's up to them to alleviate concerns about American reliability. This doesn't help.

Archived