LegacyGT.com

Do you wave to fellow Legacy GT drivers?

I wave, nod........50% respond 50% look at me like i have personal issues........

+1 :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I usually either wave or flash my headlights. Usually, if the driver is young, I get an answer back. There's no mistake (from within the WRX, Legacy and Forester XT crowd) that I am driving a related car. But generally speaking Outbacks and Foresters that I see are NOT turbo and are driven by busy, scared mid-30s, mid-40s mothers hauling their kids to school or strolling away to work. These people could not care less of the fanatical following that these cars have all over the world. Sure, they do encompass the free spirit which we all have...but these otherwise fine folks are more likely to have a canoe or a tent on top of their wagon and head outdoors to the river or forest for a week-end getaway rather than souping up their ride and derive satisfaction whenever drivers of twice-more-expensive cars are left behind.

No offense to some people on this board, but for the most part Outback owners are not enthusiast car loving wave back to you kind of people :) (no flames please I know there are exceptions) In other words there are people who drive outbacks who have about as much affection for their cars as their favorite toaster oven..

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13813&highlight=wrx+drivers

for those who have missed it there was an amusing thread about rude wrx drivers

+1

I wave to ALL Subarus, Imprezas, WRX's, STi, even the soccer moms in Outbacks who have no idea that I waved nor would they understand why... but I still wave hoping to beef up the overall participation in my town.

I did wave to 30-something guy in a blue STi passing me the other day but he just looked straight at me and proceded to hammer on his Harley Davidson muffler system.

I was pretty pissed that I didn't get a wave and told my wife that if I ever saw him in a parking lot, I'd go over and 'educate' him on the values of the Subaru drivers community.

She then told me to relax.

I get funny looks too. I only see 1 silver LGT on my commute in North Jersey (Morris County) and the guy never waves back. I've given up. Actually the only guy that has returned it was mweiner, and he wasn't even in his car at the time!
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

I wave most of the time. If they're old I wont. I haven't even got one wave back from any Subie owner.:mad: I did get a wave froma guy in a blue STI last week, but I was sooooo surprised he knew what kind of car I had I forgot to wave back.(plus he was stopped and i passed him) But I will continue to wave even though I'm ready to quit.

I'm one of these guys that don't wave back.

Seriously, I see LGTs on a regular basis (wagon is the definite popular choice over here) but don't quite seem to catch their look so I don't attempt to wave.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

I'll wave to all Subie owners... but by and large the Outback and Forester drivers are the worst for waving back. I'll get waves from WRX and STi's though, well, once they realize what I am when I'm still keeping up next to them :D

Guess I missed out on what the L7 badge meant as well... any words of wisdom out there for an explanation?

I try to wave at the Subbies... I get responses from the WRX's actually more then anyone. I'm 25 and so those are people who are usually my "age bracket". The OB's and GT's seem to have alot more of the older drivers (don't get me wrong, not knockin the older drivers!!! :D) just many who don't seem to realize what they have, thus they don't even look at me when I pull up, let alone wave back! Can't wait to see some more Seattlites when we meet so then I can recognize them in the future!
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Guess I missed out on what the L7 badge meant as well... any words of wisdom out there for an explanation?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=267845&postcount=27 :)

Search "L7 badge" for current running purchases on the badges, or simply go to GrafxWerx for the sticker overlay, if you're interested. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The car has been out for a year, and most people have no clue what it is. It's built in my state and I have only seen two outside of Lafayette. They didn't wave..., the only people that wave or acknowledge the car are rice tuners, WRXers, and BMW and Audi enthusiasts, because they know what the car is capable of...go figure.
- "I've worked with better, but not many."

• 1 year later...

I'd wave to an LGT driver... if I ever saw one. :( I don't wave to Outbacks because they're like a plague out here.

-Coelli

btw nice necropost :D

(Oh, edited to add, I'm not sure anyone who was into their LGT or STI would wave to me anyway - on most weekends I have my kids, so they prolly think I'm a soccer mom or something and don't know what I'm driving. :D)

No offense to some people on this board, but for the most part Outback owners are not enthusiast car loving wave back to you kind of people :) (no flames please I know there are exceptions) In other words there are people who drive outbacks who have about as much affection for their cars as their favorite toaster oven../////

I spent a day waving at every Suburu owner I saw, just to see what happened. In Greater Boston, that's a lot of waving, considering a WRX, 2001 Legacy, OBXT, and an 05 Outback 2.5i are within a stone's throw of where I live.

Maybe 1/3rd waved back, with great puzzlement. The LGT owners were just as dumbfounded as the rest. In fact most of the LGT owners and WRX owners I've met are astonished to find out Subaru makes a flat 6.

It's just not the same as having a British sports car or a flat fender Jeep.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

WRX owners don't know or don't care that a Legacy driver is waving at them... so I don't so much.

I don't see Legacy GTs much. There is a white one driven by a lady in Fremont, NE. Doesn't look like an enthusiast.

I did see a silver GT in Des Moines yesterday (sunday, dec 31, 2006. 11:30am) and waved. I am not sure he saw the wave, but he did see the car... all the way down 100th street, and in the shopping complex parking lot...

I saw another Legacy 2.5i that day, too. Probably the second and third Legacy I have seen in this area since I bought mine in October.

So not a whole lot of chance to wave...

If its a GT I'll give a thumbs up or head nod. I generally acknowledge modified subaru's, even though I don't come across many.

I usually wave to STI's and they never wave back like there better than me. Oh well at least we have the exlusiveness over them....

side note: A few weeks ago I was parked near a highschool. I was about to leave and a highschool kid runs up and starts talking to me about how nice the legacy is. And then asks why I chose the legacy over the wrx.... I didn't know highschoolers knew what lgts were :) At least most people dont ;)

I always wave. No so much to the snobby hat turned sideways WRX drivers, or the lesbian Forester drivers, or the old fart OB LL beaner drivers.....

:lol: back from the dead.... i was about to leave a note on a RPB 2.5i (i know stalkerish) but then the driver came up to me while i was still sitting in my car and started talking to me:icon_cool old dude too:lol:

I wave as often as I can to legacy and sti drivers---hard to wave to every subie driver as the outback epidemic is flourishing in this area and especially in my born in state of Maine.

However the new body styled legacy's are far and few between so when I see one i wave.

Last night while driving back to RI i found myself behind a 06 LGT silver with vermont tags on I 95 south in NH--around 8pm. I quickly pulled up beside him and waved--he waved back and we proceeded to pace eachother until he waved and got off the seabrook exit--very cool.

Archived