LegacyGT.com

Do you wave to fellow Legacy GT drivers?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WRX owners don't know or don't care that a Legacy driver is waving at them... so I don't so much.

Don't blame you, with WRX's you really needed to own one back when they were an unknown quantity to the general public, 2002/3, yes it was a wave and a smile etc.

oddest thing happened today. saw a new white STi coming in my rear view, he passed me, then got caught behind a trash truck. i passed him without waving thinking he probably didn't know the LGT from a camry, and he burned rubber to even up with me and give me a thumbs up.

i've never seen someone actually try to get my attention.

I do when ever I get a chance. :D

I live in a pretty big apartment complex, and the other day I was driving in to park and this guy was washing his brand new outback near the carports. I stopped by and asked him a few questions and asked him how he was enjoying it. He was really responsive, and was asking a bunch of questions. I guess he's been into Nissan before, and this was his first subie. I even suggested that he come to this site (Lgt.com), and search around for some answers. ;)

So all in all I think my nice gesture was a lasting impression of what most Legacy drivers are like. :)

:munch:

Guest Gitster

I remember when my buddy got a Jeep in high school, he kept doing this stupid finger thing everytime he passed another wrangler. He told me it was only for Jeep owners, I dont get why people love wranglers. Theyre probably the ugliest cars on the road, and theyre american so i dont like them.

I didnt really notice until I bought my car, but theres about 5 other LGT's in my parking lot at work, haha. I dont think they respect it as much as I do, I try to wave but I never get anything. Actually instead of waving I usually give them ROCK FINGERS!!

Anyone work at IBM in Fishkill and own a LGT? Prove me wrong?

I remember when my buddy got a Jeep in high school, he kept doing this stupid finger thing everytime he passed another wrangler. He told me it was only for Jeep owners, I dont get why people love wranglers. Theyre probably the ugliest cars on the road, and theyre american so i dont like them.

I didnt really notice until I bought my car, but theres about 5 other LGT's in my parking lot at work, haha. I dont think they respect it as much as I do, I try to wave but I never get anything. Actually instead of waving I usually give them ROCK FINGERS!!

Anyone work at IBM in Fishkill and own a LGT? Prove me wrong?

When I had my Wrangler, I remember the wave, it was cool. Always hated on the person who didn't wave back, and those were the days when they changed back over to the rounded headlights, I had a special hate for those as well, never waved to them. :icon_cool

Guest Gitster
Yeah I mean i respect the CJs and the early Wrangs. My buddy had a late 80s 4.2 liter? I think, its like the only year they made it with that large a displacement.

Archived